The online racing simulator
Thank you Scawen & Victor, time to rig up my wheel with my pc again!

I've wanted to drive that little loop on fern bay for years and years looks like I will finally get my wish soon.
HMmm Combination track of KY2 and KY3 would be awesome
and at aston you can make uncountable versions , same for Fern Bay
South City gets then also more options tho

For the new object limit : We get larger and detailed Drift tracks
the rally parts of fern bay will become mixed with the other sections of fern bay . Hmmm I SMEEELLLL Time trails from one side to the other. gonna make a list soon enough for this option. Time trail, i have some layouts for it so why not hehe now we can do like that more and more.

Maybe real rally tracks with less or no asphalt in the conifgures
Quote from Scawen :I'll look into this today, and implement it if it is compatible. I am sure that "never" should not exclude blown tyres being changed. So "never" really means "only if blown".

Scawen keep it simple.

Change tires:
left front: yes/no
right front: yes/no
left rear: yes/no
right rear: yes/no

Scawen i have a question
Will s2 racers have s3 for free or will they have to buy it? (including demo racers)
Quote from Alien_CZ :Scawen keep it simple.

Change tires:

Agreed... Not a big fan of that % system either.
Quote from eddy678 :Scawen i have a question
Will s2 racers have s3 for free or will they have to buy it? (including demo racers)

Buy it obviously.

Why would you get it for free?
Change tires:

+1
s3 is just like s1 s2..
Quote from eddy678 :Scawen i have a question

You get the game engine updates (tyres etc) for free, as they are shared between all license levels, Demo/S1/S2/S3/Sx.

What you pay for is access to a level of content, so for Rockingham and any new cars you need to buy S3.

It has already been stated that the VWS is free to S1 and S2 license holders.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Agreed... Not a big fan of that % system either.

I had it set to 50% my right front was red, about to blow and the pitcrew didn't change it lol
Wooooooow, great news ! Now i can forgive you, that you have not answer for my mails with important things I always tried contact u again back in next 24 hours, but still without feedback, now i can forgive you, because you doing great job, and you made my day :P !

One question, is it possible to make: When you are in F12, so there u can change car setup, and when you make Pitstop, your setup change ?? Thx for informations !
delete
Quote from BlueFlame :I had it set to 50% my right front was red, about to blow and the pitcrew didn't change it lol

The percent is the tyre wear, not temperature.
Quote from Mr_Lonely :oaw my gaad! my ears!!

Yea my ears exploded when that clip started also.

Good news though, can't wait to try out some of the new layouts booosh
it's amazing patch............ two years ago.

S3 WILL BE FOR 2020
So when do you think this will be released ?
Maybe this have been suggested already in this thread, but...
... I'd like to see possibility to set different tires for one axis. There is many specific combos where one tire won't get any heat.
Anyway, open tracks are cool feature. Aslo 800 items in layouts.
Good luck developers on developing a greatest racing simulator
Quote from Poldy1603 :So when do you think this will be released ?

1-2 weeks. Read the first post.
Quote from GP4Flo :Yes please! Some retro tracks without chicanes would be cool.

I opened the Blackwood one this morning, and the extra Fern Bay road I had already done.

All I can do in this version is make extra "objects" disappear, but not "segments" which are the curvy things used for walls, fences, tracks. The open configs are basically auto generated. Any objects which differ between configurations are excluded from an open configuration.

But, for example, at the BL chicane I just added some hard code to detect those cones and barriers when BL loads. It then switches them off in the Rallycross config (not affecting anything). So that means they are no longer shown in the open config.

If there are some more places where something that easy can be done (removal of "objects" that aren't needed in one of the real configs) do tell me about it.

Quote from aroX123 :Also Scawen, will "drive anywhere" also work for blackwood carpark ?
Will you remove the red and white barriers so it can lead us to the carpark?

Also the Autocross track, Im sure the road between Autocross, skidpad and drag would work.

No, I've had a look and there's nothing simple I can do in those places. Two problems : (1) they are not closed off simply by objects and (2) some areas were never designed to be driven on, some are incomplete or have physics collisions switched off.

I agree that there is a lot that could be done if we started editing the tracks specifically for this. I'm sure we will consider the open configs in future track releases and updates.

Quote from Storm_Cloud :Whilst we're on about opening FE and BL, is the same going to happen at SO?

There's one I would like to see opened, but it's not part of any config so not sure whether it will be or not. There's an off ramp part way down the straight on SO Long before the last tight corner. That would lead into downhill braking into a tight corner which looks fun and would also cut down the length of the first and espcially final "straights", cutting average speed and making it a bit more Monaco-esque.

SO does have open configs (all tracks do, even if it is pointless, e.g. Westhill). I see that part you are talking about and it is a good idea but unfortunately those barriers are made of "segments" and there are some other problems I can see too.
Quote from Poldy1603 :So when do you think this will be released ?

On a Friday (friday, gotta get down on friday) of course.
Thanks Scawen! Looks like the next patch is going to be a real blast!
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG