The online racing simulator
Quote from Amynue :Daily progress reports? Am I dreaming? :hypnotize

No one every said Daily, he said today's news.

Well, i kind of hope for your dream to come true either way.

Oh F&#K I'm dum, leaving the post so you can point and laugh at me.
This is so exciting! Can't wait!

This have probably already been answered, but will LFSW support any of the new layouts? So that, say, we could have a mega long official KY track?

Also you wrote that the rendering of new numberplates have fixed a "pit out glitch", is this the momentairly game freezing that occurs once in a while when someone leaves the pits?
Quote from Dennis93 :No one every said Daily, he said today's news.

Well, i kind of hope for your dream to come true either way.

Oh F&#K I'm dum, leaving the post so you can point and laugh at me.

*points and laughs at you* xDDDDDDD

nice work scawen :-) would love it to be released already
Quote from Skagen :This have probably already been answered, but will LFSW support any of the new layouts? So that, say, we could have a mega long official KY track?

Probably not, just like autocross tracks at BL carpark and the Autocross area.
Yes, but I was thinking if the game will ship with any layouts that serves the same purpose as the current track layouts such as KY2, KY3, etc.

For instance a KY4 layout shipped with the new build, that combines KY2 and KY3 into one single (and long) track which also is recognized in the same way as i.e KY3 by both the game and LFSW.
I think that'll be later decided depending on the popularity of the vast number of possibilities.

Then they would be officially selected, named and added to LFSW as KY4, 5, 6 and AS8, AS9 etc...

Although that might not work until the racing lines, flags and other essential stuff are supported

---

I'm happy with what we're getting here
Quote from Scawen :- Objects in escape road at BL chicane removed from open configs
- Wear limit for changing tyres can be set to 100% (never)

Great stuff
Quote from Silverracer :I think that'll be later decided depending on the popularity of the vast number of possibilities. Then they would be officially selected, named and added to LFSW as KY4, 5, 6 and AS8, AS9 etc...

As I see it, the open sites (AS, KY) are a quick way to create new custom tracks using layouts. But there'll be no racing lines, no racing paths, maybe also no nodes, so generally racing on these tracks will have the same limitations as racing on node-less layouts (no flags, no race positions, etc). Creating "official" tracks based on current sites would take much more time and effort on the developers side, also much more testing. I do not know which way this development will go, but I do not see KY4, AS8 as something coming to LFS and LFSW within a reasonable time (months).
I dont like the % wear. In real life you cant say that a worn of tire is 65%.
#336 - e.M
Quote from Alien_CZ :I dont like the % wear. In real life you cant say that a worn of tire is 65%.

you can estimate
Quote from Alien_CZ :I dont like the % wear. In real life you cant say that a worn of tire is 65%.

Actually slick tires have holes in it, so tire wear can be measured
And it's even easier to measure street tires worn
Quote from Skagen :...you wrote that the rendering of new numberplates have fixed a "pit out glitch", is this the momentairly game freezing that occurs once in a while when someone leaves the pits?

Yes, there are various things already done long ago to reduce this (even not loading new textures for a new car while you are still driving). When I discovered a bug with the number plate generation that was causing a small memory leak, I had a look at the code that generates and updates the number plates. I was able to reduce that time by about 75%. And the number plate update was (before) about half the time of creating a new car, so it should really be smoother when someone leaves the pits.

That "small" memory leak and the another of the same type of memory leak caused by something else, could build up over time and some people may have noticed that if you have been online for a really long time, it could take quite a long time (many seconds or a minute) if you changed track or exited LFS. I think that was the removal from memory of the objects caused by these (2 or 3) memory leaks.
Quote from TypeRacing :Actually slick tires have holes in it, so tire wear can be measured
And it's even easier to measure street tires worn

Well this is quite time consuming for quick pitstop.
Something so (in effect) simple, can give so much to LFS community, and keep people, and interest people back into the game, which is nice to see. Some alternate layouts will be very interesting.

Something so small like improved collision with red-white blocks and open layouts, I know some purists may feel it's giving too much to the cruise community in general, but it will be alot more fun to just drive around some of the tracks with no or as limited as possible boundaries... Also with the BL1 chicane barriers removed on open layout, it will act as a more accurate test destination for top speed settings.
Quote from JazzOn :Mini oval has been mentioned... basically drivable but no starting grid

@ Paws, don't think type physics will ever change xP

PS. btw awesome news ^^ scavier

Just start at a close starting point nearby and put the checkpoints inside the oval. (or will it not work that way?
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Just start at a close starting point nearby and put the checkpoints inside the oval. (or will it not work that way?

It should do, using the open layout, you should be able to put the start line right there surely? But either way, Scawed said some of the barriers can't be removed that easily.
Quote from BlueFlame :It should do, using the open layout, you should be able to put the start line right there surely? But either way, Scawed said some of the barriers can't be removed that easily.

You can only use the existing grids.
Quote from Scawen :You can only use the existing grids.

Ah of course, I was thinking as if it was an autocross layout. :chair:
Amazing news !!! Very nice,thank you so much Scawen!!!

But like someone else say to before here the G27 led light can it put work on lfs or not? If its not big thing and you repair it so fast then maybe you Scawen make it work ??? And thanks again superb news !!! Waiting waiting...tnx
Scawen if this is small thing.. can you integrade this code http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=68510 in lfs for the g27 leds, because in the insim the ff needs to be turned off to be able the leds to work. Only if this is small and fast thing to do
Good news! thx Scawen

Is there any chance of an official release for our favourite new layouts? such as KY extra long for all the endurance leagues. Im guessing that we wont be able to run full blown races on these free roam edited layouts?? (or can we)

Would be cool if the community could vote for their top 3 new layouts & then have them included in LFS for real so we can race & hotlap on them.
Quote from anttt69 :Good news! thx Scawen

Is there any chance of an official release for our favourite new layouts? such as KY extra long for all the endurance leagues. Im guessing that we wont be able to run full blown races on these free roam edited layouts?? (or can we)

Would be cool if the community could vote for their top 3 new layouts & then have them included in LFS for real so we can race & hotlap on them.

Then they could rather do a proper new config instead of "just" layouts.
Quote from BOSCHO :Scawen if this is small thing.. can you integrade this code http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=68510 in lfs for the g27 leds, because in the insim the ff needs to be turned off to be able the leds to work. Only if this is small and fast thing to do

In that case I'd like a plugin for the Fanatec wheels too (rFactor seems to be the only game supporting this? :really
Quote from anttt69 :Is there any chance of an official release for our favourite new layouts? such as KY extra long for all the endurance leagues.

Quote from Scawen :
Quote from Inouva :Cool, now i can test Kyoto national with Kyoto Long gp , this open tracks things gona bring a bunch of new combos, adding more "Tracks" to the game

Open configurations have : no racing line / no racing line rubber / no wrong way detection / no limited object drawing lists / no echo map / no light map / no blue or yellow flags.

Quote from EQ Worry :Creating "official" tracks based on current sites would take much more time and effort on the developers side, also much more testing. I do not know which way this development will go, but I do not see KY4, AS8 as something coming to LFS and LFSW within a reasonable time (months).

---

As for Wheel-support; hold ye horses! Lets get this test patch out first.
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG