The online racing simulator
those are very nice!!!

could someone please please please do mine please?
Attached images
XRG_TBV.jpg
XRT_TBV.jpg
XFG_TBV.JPG
very cool, samyip
nice ones samyip
Quote from samyip :I tried these out for you, I don't know if you would like them or not. Didn't do the two cars together though.

Wow! I love it! Excellently! Great work!:smileyrai

Thx @samyip

My favorite views see attachments! 1024 x1024 pic (1440 x 900 Wallpaper)
Attached images
barney_stix_1.jpg
barney_stix_2.jpg
Literally the first render I have ever done.

The white tail spoiler has been lost in the white background, and the top of the instument bezel on the dashboard has gone white, so I suspect there's some reading in store for me to figure out why.

Anyways for what it's worth here it is. Scene courtesy of Ian H. of DS autos.
tyvm!!!!!!

new background
Quote from Smax :Literally the first render I have ever done.

The white tail spoiler has been lost in the white background, and the top of the instument bezel on the dashboard has gone white, so I suspect there's some reading in store for me to figure out why.

Anyways for what it's worth here it is. Scene courtesy of Ian H. of DS autos.

Unfortunately I didn't really know what I was doing back when I created those scenes, they're actually quite embarassing to me now, heh.. but glad they've helped a lot of people start and get into rendering

The problem with the rear spoiler (other than the fact it's white against white always making things less defined) is that the whole scene's a bit on the bright side (my doing, not your fault) and sometimes things tend to look a bit washed out. I suspect this is half the reason for the light interiors too, although some of the interior textures are quite light anyway.. ingame, LFS uses vertex colouring / shading which can then be used to change the colour / shade of any poly in the model (works well for multi-coloured lights for example and just using a single white texture or whatever) but at least with brazil and vray, these options are ignored and will render as white so if the texture itself is light, there's no chance of dimming it down with vertex shading (the reason why the small square in the interior textures needs to be painted black too when starting from scratch else the window rubbers also appear white).

Your best bet on that would probably be to load the TGA file into a gfx app and turn add a brightness filter and dull it down a bit, either entirely or for selected regions.

Regards,

Ian
Well, im still learning 3dsmax...

I get some scenes from a Nascar site and im trying to make a garage with some xfr's ;P

Im gonna try some tutorials after i finish here... i wanna know who to make my own models ;P

Preview... 1024x768
Attached images
Guará-garage-preview.jpg
Quote from Stix :Wow! I love it! Excellently! Great work!:smileyrai

Thx @samyip

My favorite views see attachments! 1024 x1024 pic (1440 x 900 Wallpaper)

Here are the new ones
Attached images
stix08.jpg
stix07.jpg
Quote from Lepletier :Well, im still learning 3dsmax...

I get some scenes from a Nascar site and im trying to make a garage with some xfr's ;P

Im gonna try some tutorials after i finish here... i wanna know who to make my own models ;P

Preview... 1024x768

Link for those scenes please

Dan,
Quote from Ian.H :...Your best bet on that would probably be to load the TGA file into a gfx app and turn add a brightness filter and dull it down a bit, either entirely or for selected regions...

Ian,

You can adjust the bitmap's brightness, contrast and colours in the material output. Of course, if you want to adjust certain area only, Photoshop will be better to do so.

sam
Attached images
colour map.jpg
:doh: lol of course!

Thanks Sam.. had completely forgotten about that, even though I used it for the tyres I think in my downloadable scenes

The more I think about it, the more I think this is actually a lighting issue as I don't think it's so prodominent when not under a reflection plane so probably a mix of too much GI and too intense a reflection (RGB: 3 for reflection plane IIRC). I know those default scenes are way too overlit in the GI dept. I might make a quick change to 1 sometime soon and post some info on making some changes for people who haven't yet delved into 3DS that deeply to have done it themselves yet. If I do, I'll also post info on how to remove that blue reflection from the windows.. my extremely piss-poor attempt at trying to make a blue tinted glass material (I know now, but obviously didn't then lol).

Thanks for reminding me of that Sam.. and good info for others too

Regards,

Ian
Ian,

I think the light on that scene is about right, because the details of the front of the car is holding OK, not too washed out. (can go a touch dimmer if you want)
I believe the light source of this scene is skylight and the light box above the car, am I correct? therefore the lighting of this scene is quite even. I think the problem would be the bright white background and the car skin's white. the car reflects the white background causing the washout at the rear. May be apply an environment map (to give some subtle colour change in certain areas) or change the background slightly off white could help.
Another option is keep all the setting as it is, and use the exposure control in Advance lighting (under the Environment tab) just like controlling your camera stops. (I don't know if this work on Brazil and Vray, but it works on Mental Ray)

sam
Good point Sam.. I think in all my more recent stuff, albeit done with Vray uses a black background rather than white, but the scenes I made for download pretty much use default, standard brazil stuff.. including (as you rightly guessed) the skylight option (IIRC, set to something like 1.3 or 1.6) and brazil's standard ground plane.. my recent renders / scenes (not released) use a black background with a grey / blue / green (tried to make a studio backdrop thing found at most photography studios) bent cylinder to create a smooth ground->background transition but also this creates a darker reflection and also any shadows being an object. I haven't rendered anything on a plain white background / ground for a long time.

You're right also about the overhead reflection plane.. just a single one slightly offset from the car using an output material I think (been a while since I used brazil now).

I'm pretty sure the exposure controls work in both brazil and Vray. brazil definitely does actually as I used that when I was experimenting using HDRI probes

My problem was inexperience then. I think I'd finally worked out how to create those scenes after a couple of months trying, nowadays it's not so much a problem as I've learnt better methods. This render was the last time I used brazil and the sort of scene I plan to do when I eventually get time to redo all my publicly released ones.. although the releaed ones atm I can render in about 20 mins, that F3 took a fair few hours at that size.. brazil's so slow when using high subdivs for shadows ).

Regards,

Ian
Quote from danowat :Link for those scenes please

Dan,

Well...

Wheel's and tyres:
http://www.lfsresource.com/local_links.php?catid=23

The garage i don't remember, i think the url have something like "theuspits". Im gonna try to remember and search for the url...

when i remember i post here again.
Yeap... is the "The Pits" site. but... i can't enter the site without a proxy. Don't know why brazilian ip's are blocked.
Not sure about the pits, but I personally firewall all of brazil (actually pretty much all of Latin America) as unfortunately I get nothing but spam attempts and proxy hijacking attempts from the 200/7 IP range, same goes for much of Asia (Korea and China being the worst).

I did have a quick search but didn't find anything useful in the half a dozen threads I checked, but was only brief.

Regards,

Ian
@ samyip

can you make me a Render???

FXR Skin

MfG Michi Thx
Quote from Michael Leisterer :@ samyip

can you make me a Render???

FXR Skin

MfG Michi Thx

No problem, will do when I get back home from work
Quote from Ian.H :...This render was the last time I used brazil and the sort of scene I plan to do when I eventually get time to redo all my publicly released ones.. although the releaed ones atm I can render in about 20 mins, that F3 took a fair few hours at that size.. brazil's so slow when using high subdivs for shadows ).

Ian,

The F3 render is a lot better, lighting is good, can see all necessary details of the car. A little bit more contrast in lighting could bring that image a little more interesting, but it is good as it is anyway. Some renders I posted in another thread show what I mean by higher contrast in lighting if you want to view them. http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=138209#post138209
On the image 959-A15, I placed a small reflector at the front right of the car to bounce some light to the front bumper where you can see the side grills picked up some highlights, also it lit the front tyre to show details of the thread. Those details would have lost if I didn't do that, and it is a very subtle thing to do but could improve the overall look of the image.

The mid grey background of your image was a good choice, in our trade, grey is a good colour for set/exhibition, we call it neutral grey, because you can cast different lightings to it and it holds quite well (white will be too washout, as it bounces too much light out)

I have used Brazil for render before, images are nice but I have no patient to wait for it to render though:snail: So now I just use Mental Ray, I could get something decent resoultion and quality in under 10 mins. And I could save the Final Gather map to re-use (providing that if the scene hasn't change), it will not need to re-calculate again, which save a lot of time in future rendering. I think Brazil/Vray may have simular function too, I am not sure, have not spend a lot of time with Brazil.

Also one more thing, I don't think we should go rendering too high resolutions for the LFS renders, because the models are not high res enough, the angular points of the polys (especially the tyres on BF1) will show up badly which jeopardise the image.

sam
Quote from samyip :Ian,

The F3 render is a lot better, lighting is good, can see all necessary details of the car. A little bit more contrast in lighting could bring that image a little more interesting, but it is good as it is anyway. Some renders I posted in another thread show what I mean by higher contrast in lighting if you want to view them. http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=138209#post138209
On the image 959-A15, I placed a small reflector at the front right of the car to bounce some light to the front bumper where you can see the side grills picked up some highlights, also it lit the front tyre to show details of the thread. Those details would have lost if I didn't do that, and it is a very subtle thing to do but could improve the overall look of the image.

That looks pretty sweet and yeah, the contrasting works well. I'll have a look at trying something similar soon. I like playing about with lighting, one small change can make or break a scene, and there's so many different things ya can do to create various effects.. a great challenge to get things "perfect"

I'll try adding a / some reflection plane(s) etc too as that does seem to work nicely and highlight the small details, and it's all in the details as we know

Quote :The mid grey background of your image was a good choice, in our trade, grey is a good colour for set/exhibition, we call it neutral grey, because you can cast different lightings to it and it holds quite well (white will be too washout, as it bounces too much light out)

Cool.. I've never done any professional photography, don't take many pics at all tbh, but remember that sort of colouring used especially in portrait photos (and school days! ) so gave it a shot here.

Quote :I have used Brazil for render before, images are nice but I have no patient to wait for it to render though:snail: So now I just use Mental Ray, I could get something decent resoultion and quality in under 10 mins. And I could save the Final Gather map to re-use (providing that if the scene hasn't change), it will not need to re-calculate again, which save a lot of time in future rendering. I think Brazil/Vray may have simular function too, I am not sure, have not spend a lot of time with Brazil.

Brazil's massively faster than the DSR with a skylight object, but still far slower than vray unless I missed some options.

With vray, I replaced the overhead reflection plane with a vray light object (still a plane, but has lighting controls too).. but there's a checkbox for 'store irradiance map' which when I do decent quality renders, will render the image with 4 passes, but it's still a damn sight quicker than the brazil option I used

Quote :Also one more thing, I don't think we should go rendering too high resolutions for the LFS renders, because the models are not high res enough, the angular points of the polys (especially the tyres on BF1) will show up badly which jeopardise the image.

sam

True.. although the BF1 scene I'm working on has had a turbosmooth modifier applied to the wheels which makes them much better (I split the meshes up into elements rather than smoothing groups so they didn't go all bubbly). I'll probably end up doing the same for the rest too at some point but something I hadn't really thought about regarding the final image quality.. I guess I just accepted they were modelled for gaming rather than rendering and "ignored" the low-poly wheels but a good point

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :Not sure about the pits, but I personally firewall all of brazil (actually pretty much all of Latin America) as unfortunately I get nothing but spam attempts and proxy hijacking attempts from the 200/7 IP range, same goes for much of Asia (Korea and China being the worst).

I did have a quick search but didn't find anything useful in the half a dozen threads I checked, but was only brief.

Regards,

Ian

Well, i think that explain all ;/

Im gonna try to find some 3dsmax tutorials to try to edit poly's and make some objects for scenes.

well, another render using 2 skins from my team. I have edited some textures.
Attached images
Guará Racing - garage2.jpg
Nice render Lepletier! The only thing you may want to check out is the head lamp, is the opacity not set correctly?, the headlamp details are lost. other than that, good render overall. Keep it up.

Render My Skin
(9831 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG