The online racing simulator
Quote from samyip :Nice render Lepletier! The only thing you may want to check out is the head lamp, is the opacity not set correctly?, the headlamp details are lost. other than that, good render overall. Keep it up.

Well, im don't know to do somethings in 3dsmax yeat. ;P

The lighting part is one of this things ;P

I get the scene, get the cars and just made up the garage with the all objects. The only thing i really change is the textures and 2 models and some positions. (wall, calendar, banner, door plate, break calip's and disc, and the tyres and wheels)

Someone know's a good light tutorial for 3dsmax 8? lol

sry my bad english
Quote from samyip :No problem, will do when I get back home from work

here are the renders
Attached images
FXR_SF01.jpg
FXR_SF02.jpg
FXR_SF03.jpg
Thx for this render!!!
Hey lads n lassies,

Well, i'm looking for some inspiration. I've tried rendering with 3DS but failed miserably, got stuck when it came time to putting skins on (which is like, step 1 lol) This doesn't mean i'm giving up and asking you guys to do it from now on, i just wanna see what i could be capable of doing myself once i know how

So, a friend of mine sent me this cool Victor Bray Castrol skin that looks nuts in game.

Anyone wanna do a render of it?

Thanks!
Attached images
XRR_VICBRAY.jpg
Should really aim for atleast 1024x1024 for render skins.. higher if possible.

512 just isn't enough
Oh, it makes a difference does it? Bugger, he doesn't have a 1024 version

BTW, the stock "XFG_Default" jpegs are 512x512. How do they end up being 1024x768? Do you have to recreate them from scratch? Or are they just usually resized and cleaned up a bit (should blur/pixelate a bit when doubled in size, right?)

How bout our forum skin then?
Attached images
XRT_AusrotaryBlack.jpg
512 just means it'll be blurry.

1024 is pretty good.

2048 is super sexual
In game:
512 fine
1024 for screenshots
2048 overkill

Rendering
512 Don' bother
1024 Okay if you're doing several cars in a scene (not closeups)
2048 Optimum size, but can still be poo for really arty closeups
4096+ I doubt you'd notice in 99.9999999999% of cases any pixellation

Skins should be square: i.e. 512x512 or 2048x2048, not rectangular (1024x768)

HTH
Could someone render this poor LX6 with dark grey rims, not full black (0,0,0) because it will look horrible because its too dark. If now someone could try make the background somehow darkish?

Thanks in advance if you bothered to render it somehow
Attached images
LX6_FF385hi.jpg
Ok thanks for the info fellas. I'll see what i can do

Is there anywhere that i can get a hold of some nice and plain 2048x2048 'blank' or 'template' skins that i can start with?
You guys are great! Thanks heaps! i'll try that kit out tonight
Please could someone render the lx6 skin I posted?
Quote from vanirl :OK Smax now that I have the Fox looking great is there any chance you could / would do me one on the same style for the F08 and maybe (just maybe) the MRT5, however the F08 would be great on it's own
I live in speed and hope

OK Smax - I know that it in quite the middle of June and maybe (just maybethe exams are still not over but I have been holding my breath for a long time and and am turnin blue :spyoda: si I just thought I would see how it was going.

Are you still on for a remake of a skin for the MRT5 and the Sauber??

Living in hope :bowdown:

Hope presssure not getting to ya to much
Uni's over for ever now mate, the degree show was last week. I dunno, I'm a bit "arted out" right now to be honest. Give me a week or so to relax and watch some football and I could probably get 'round to helping you.

Drop me a PM and I'll give you an e-mail address.

Also I'd suggest you register at Master Skinnerz and send me a P.M through that board or something. That way we don't clog up this board having a personal converstion with each other in what's actually not the right section for skin requests

Master Skinnerz link.

http://skinnerz.proboards26.com/index.cgi?
Can anyone render this BF1 skin?
Could somebody possibly render a private skin i made? It's in 2048x2048 and 1mb in size (decent quality).

I'm not yet ready to release her to the wide world (will soon) i just wanted to see what it looks like rendered.

If you feel really nice, in some sort of garage scene would be awesome

I'll PM the link to whoever feels like rendering
I can have a crack at it, wont be in a garage scene though.

Dan,
Still need to fix the tyre logo alpha, but here you go anyway.....
Attached images
1.jpg
Thx
hows this?
Attached images
2.jpg
Oh dude that is awesome!!

Thanks heaps!

If you get bored, any chance you could get a shot of the roof? With lots of beaming light on it? I just love the way the roof glows with sunlight on it: http://img134.imageshack.us/im ... 2/rockfordpreview33zb.jpg

Maybe like a dark surround with the lights shining on the roof so the glowing roof really stands out

Thanks again, love your work
hey guys, v nice renders! in the near future i'm willing 2 learn this myself, but until then can someone render my skin? i can wait anymore, its killing me thank u in advance
Attached images
FXR_BMWracing.jpg
I've done one for you..
Attached images
FXR_BMW.jpg

Render My Skin
(9831 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG