The online racing simulator
#226 - CSF
Or Red Bull.
Quote from DarkTimes :Yeah damn these idiots who actually drove in Formula 1. It's obvious they know nothing about the sport! I mean, Coulthard only won 12 grand prix. I just sit about watching races in my underwear. How dare he have an informed opinion.

Hardly impressive considering how many years he was in a top car.
Coulthard may not be the best driver ever, but he's still an order of magnitude better than any of us could ever be, and I think his opinion deserves to be respected.
we dont care. he's scottish... his opinion is invalid.
I AM JOKING! IM NOT BEING RACIST OR SOMETHING! = )
Quote from DarkTimes :Coulthard may not be the best driver ever, but he's still an order of magnitude better than any of us could ever be, and I think his opinion deserves to be respected.

Ehh.. remembered me someone here saying that many LFS drivers would be better than Badoer :P

I mean... even a child could win a F1 Grand Prix given a red car.
[QUOTE=JPeace;1464685]Isn't this why people love the way Senna and Schumacher drive, (drove) because they arn't afraid to take things to the extremes, Imo you do all you can without contact to keep the guy behind you, and when they do, good one them, you made the mistakes life goes on. QUOTE]
No, if Barrichello had been put into the wall life wouldn't go on. For him and probobaly a few dozen spectators. Yes, it was exciting, but it was dirty and was not just risking his own and Barrichello's life, but potentially risking killing or injuring alot of people at the event. Alot of which came to support HIM. He'd rather kill anyone but himself, Schumacher is the definition of a coward you can't believe anything he says, almost all that comes from his mouth is a lie, non of the other drivers like him, doesn't that say something about who he REALLY is?
Quote from BlueFlame :
No, if Barrichello had been put into the wall life wouldn't go on. For him and probobaly a few dozen spectators. Yes, it was exciting, but it was dirty and was not just risking his own and Barrichello's life, but potentially risking killing or injuring alot of people at the event. Alot of which came to support HIM. He'd rather kill anyone but himself, Schumacher is the definition of a coward you can't believe anything he says, almost all that comes from his mouth is a lie, non of the other drivers like him, doesn't that say something about who he REALLY is?

BS as usual, Bar probably laughs about it now. Just because he shat his pants for once doesnt mean that it was that dangerous. what do you call Webbers actions BTW? - Hyporite!
Quote from JazzOn :BS as usual, Bar probably laughs about it now. Just because he shat his pants for once doesnt mean that it was that dangerous. what do you call Webbers actions BTW? - Hyporite!

Sorry but I'd say that your post is more BS than his.

How can you say that the situation wasn't dangerous? It was VERY dangerous. If the pit wall was 2 or 3 meteers longer it would have ended horrible. And you can't tell me that MSC "calculated" that.
From the video it looks like he was about a foot away from the wall, so a longer pitwall probably wouldn't have meant he touched. And even if he had, he'd probably get a puncture or a bit of steering misalignment. And even if he'd touch MSC's car, it's doubtful the car would have taken off - that's still fairly rare in a single seater.

To suggest that it was millimeters away from the death of one or more drivers, or spectators, is just silly conjecture founded on nothing.

Was MSC beyond the line of acceptability? Yes, a bit. His punishment seems right to me. He moved once. He moved back when Rubens needed room. It was a hard move, but it was only just beyond the realms of acceptability.

This isn't an arrive-and-drive karting meet for 9 year olds, this is the allegedly premiere series, where the best drivers in the best cars are competing. It shouldn't be easy. Drama is what we want. Risk is an unavoidable part of that - indeed, most 'fans' probably watch hoping to see a crash of some sort.

All the drivers in F1 have done similar moves in their career - Webber, Vettel, Rubens, Jenson, Hamilton, Alonso, Massa, Schumacher, Hakkinen, Coulthard......
Quote from tristancliffe :From the video it looks like he was about a foot away from the wall, so a longer pitwall probably wouldn't have meant he touched.

It's easy to see from Rubens' onboard and from some pictures taken from turn 1 looking back that Rubens' car was much closer to the wall than a foot away. Take a look at this image for example.
Quote from zeugnimod :Sorry but I'd say that your post is more BS than his.

How can you say that the situation wasn't dangerous? It was VERY dangerous. If the pit wall was 2 or 3 meteers longer it would have ended horrible. And you can't tell me that MSC "calculated" that.

No, to the first line For example, not everybody hates SCHM, they fear him as a strong racing driver. BF exaggerates and i call it BS

And i think, SCH pretty much knows what he does and that the risk is indeed caculated (as far as that is possible in this sport). It surely is dangerous, there is no doubt about that, but nothing happened, right? A soon as Bar came back he made space, unlike Mr.W who likes to put his front wheel into your rear, while you're ahead.

Barichello is probably getting too old for this sport
We agree to disagree then (about the incident, not about people "hating" MSC).

Race?
The Stig tried to kill Rubens one more time
Quote from amp88 :It's easy to see from Rubens' onboard and from some pictures taken from turn 1 looking back that Rubens' car was much closer to the wall than a foot away. Take a look at this image for example.

The front wheel is past the wall, so can't be used to judge the distance due to parallax. The rear wheel is still next to the wall (or so it seems), and is somewhere between 8 inches and one foot away from the wall.

Bearing in mind F1 drivers work to tolerances of about 3 inches on their lines, I think 8 inches (or more) is fairly secure.
Quote from tristancliffe :Bearing in mind F1 drivers work to tolerances of about 3 inches on their lines, I think 8 inches (or more) is fairly secure.

not to mention that theres almost a tyres width worth of space between the cars
yes it was a very hard move but as ive said before the fact of the matter is nothing happened at all... absolutely nothing they didnt even touch or anything of the sort let alone crash so in restrospect it was perfectly safe

i kinda sorta agree with the stewards decision and barrichellos oppinion in that its worth penalising to discourage drives who arent as experienced as the 2 involved in this incident from doing the same and misjudging the situation due to lack of experience
As Ricky Hatton used to say "It's not a tickling competition"

Just watched Indycar from Mid Ohio - they get punished for defending the inside. Takes the edge off the racing a bit; as will the "Playstation" moveable wings rule if it makes it into next season. Overtaking is great, but only if it is earned. Rubens earned his!
Exactly - he earnt it. A much better pass than any of Hamilton's KERS assisted passes from 2009 for example, or any of the passes next year if adjustable rear wings AND KERS are allowed...

We should be shouting for MORE overtakes like this one - hard defending and hard attacking. Yes, there has to be boundaries, what the leading driver can and can't do, and what the following driver can and can't do etc etc, but essentially we want overtaking.

If the tyre compounds were arranged so that more cars on very different tyres were near each other at the end of the race then we'd be laughing. A three-stop strategy on softs should be the same race time as a non-stop race on hards. Get rid of the silly forced pitstop rule.

We can only hope Pirelli make better one-make tyres than Bridgestone.
The Tyre rule that both compounds must be used during the race is pretty much the only thing that needs changing i think, 2010 has been a vast improvement over recent years.
Less overtaking than in 2009 though!
This is an example of why I never did, and can never understand anyone who likes Schumacher as a driver.

Oh and Tristan, just because YOU may work in 3inches at a time, doesn't mean all drivers do the same, infact, I'd say almost no drivers use that as a guide. Majority of racers aren't from UK or US, so they won't use imperial anyway.. but you said he was a foot away from the wall anyway, which goes to show that you know neither imperial or metric.
I'm comfortable using inches, feet, millimetres, yards, metres, furlongs... But the point was not the arbitrary system I was using, but the vague distance to which I was referring to. I drive to an accuracy approaching 12 inches (or 300mm if you prefer). Top F1 drivers seem to be within 3 inches (or 75mm) of consistent accuracy.

Whether you use metric, imperial or a Mayan system from countless generations ago, the distance remains the same.
Quote from tristancliffe :Less overtaking than in 2009 though!

Mainly due to KERS which will be back next year anyway with more power.

Not that i agree with it, KERS is lame.
Quote from tristancliffe :Less overtaking than in 2009 though!

Well that is just plain not true, last time I checked after Montreal we had either almost as many or possibly slightly more overtakes than 2009. Infact it was on course to be the highest tally since 1993. Unfortunately cliptheapex.com have decided I have to register to look at their forums where all the data is and I frankly can't be arsed.
Just registered - never knew about that site.

The stats seem to count any CHANGE OF POSITION, regardless of why. Pitstops don't count as overtakes (certainly not of the type anyone wants). Because someone made an unforced error and rejoined after some others had gone past, or because someone was massively out of position.

Watching most cars overtake an HRT doesn't count as exciting. Unless it's Webber

Didn't 1993 have a much higher proportion of wet races (or partially wet races) than most years, which a) mixed things up and b) kept Senna in the championship hunt far longer than his tired 2 year old McLaren should have been?

I still maintain, based on nothing other than gut-feeling and rose-tinted spectacles, that 2009 had far more overtaking for position on track, within the top 10, without special circumstances (although Brawn's awful qualifying and start performances might be considered special circumstances) than in 2010.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG