The online racing simulator
Quote from TypeRacing :That's epic and I love it

And remember, it's not even up-to-date! Red Bull now has 11 poles
Quote from PaulC2K :iirc their car couldnt fit the defuser on there because of how their rear susp was set? F1 design should be about innovation, not whether your legal team can wiggle you round the rules.

Redbull had the double wishbone pullrod system with meant it took most of the season to get the double diffuser working right but once they got it bolted onto the car it did not make that much off a difference, now they have had over the winter to perfect it along with the blown exhaust system they are unstoppable on higher downforce tracks, with the 4 week summer break coming up it might help other teams get blown exhaust system to work and with some hope copy the flexible wings.
1. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull Racing 1:18.773
24. Jamamoto Szakon Hispania Racing 1:26.453

Now that's ridiculous.

Great stuff from Red Bull again, hope Vettel gets the start fine finally.
Correct me if my arithmetic is failing me, but that looks like Yamamoto is only within 109% of the pole time. From next year he wouldn't even be allowed to race. I think slow backmarkers could play a role into tomorrows win.
I don't know if it would be the actual pole or the Q1 time; if Q1, both HRTs would be out, if Q3, Di Grassi would also be out, and would not have a time under 107% from the whole weekend to fall back on.
Quote from boothy :I don't know if it would be the actual pole or the Q1 time; if Q1, both HRTs would be out, if Q3, Di Grassi would also be out, and would not have a time under 107% from the whole weekend to fall back on.

FTR Di Grassi is still running over the minimal weight as he's heavier than Glock.

Anyway, I belive that if the 107% rule is re-implemented next year, they'd take the Q1 times, as you won't have the same track conditions in Q3.
Does anyone have the qualifying times from Q1?

I couldn't make my google search sufficiently vague enough to find them.
Quote from DarkTimes :Does anyone have the qualifying times from Q1?

I couldn't make my google search sufficiently vague enough to find them.

1. Sebastian Vettel RBR-Renault 1.20,417
2. Mark Webber RBR-Renault 1.21,132
3. Robert Kubica Renault 1.21,159
4. Nico Rosberg Mercedes GP 1.21,212
5. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1.21,278
6. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1.21,299
7. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1.21,422
8. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1.21,455
9. Rubens Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1.21,478
10. Vitali Petrov Renault 1.21,558
11. Nico Hülkenberg Williams-Cosworth 1.21,598
12. Vitantonio Liuzzi F. India-Mercedes 1.21,789
13. Michael Schumacher Mercedes GP 1.21,840
14. Pedro de la Rosa BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1.21,891
15. Jaime Alguersuari STR-Ferrari 1.21,978
16. Sebastien Buemi STR-Ferrari 1.21,982
17. Adrian Sutil F. India-Mercedes 1.22,080
18. Kamui Kobayashi BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1.22,222
19. Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth 1.24,050
20. Heikki Kovalainen Lotus-Cosworth 1.24,120
21. Jarno Trulli Lotus-Cosworth 1.24,199
22. Lucas di Grassi Virgin-Cosworth 1.25,118
23. Bruno Senna HRT-Cosworth 1.26,391
24. Sakon Yamamoto HRT-Cosworth 1.26,453
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
Well my dodgy arithmetic says was still outside the 107% marker for Q1 and so was Senna. di Grassi would be in though.
107% rule should apply to the fastest time of Qualiy not from Q1 in my opinion, or maybe the rule is under that???
Quote from Mustafur :107% rule should apply to the fastest time of Qualiy not from Q1 in my opinion, or maybe the rule is under that???

Yeah, I agree in general, but Greybull made a good point about track conditions. What if it was raining in Q1 but dry in Q3? Seven or even fourteen cars could be out the race before it started.
Hamilton:

Quote :"We look at the onboard footage and we just laugh. That's just insane how fast they are going.

"For us it's not case of a tenth or two here and there. It's a second in the middle sector and half a second in the last sector,"

"Our car is the best is it has ever been. I don't know what the hell they are doing, but it's incredible the pace they have here."

Quote from DarkTimes : What if it was raining in Q1 but dry in Q3? Seven or even fourteen cars could be out the race before it started.

Nah, the marshalls would have a look at Free Practice times I guess... Like how it was done at Spa 2001 for instance. 4 cars were out of the 107% due to heavy rain, but they were allowed to race on Sunday.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Nah, the marshalls would have a look at Free Practice times I guess... Like how it was done at Spa 2001 for instance. 4 cars were out of the 107% due to heavy rain, but they were allowed to race on Sunday.

Yeah, I guess I'm thinking too logically, they would have to look at the whole weekend and make a judgement.
Quote from DarkTimes :Yeah, I agree in general, but Greybull made a good point about track conditions. What if it was raining in Q1 but dry in Q3? Seven or even fourteen cars could be out the race before it started.

If weather changes in Qualiy sessions then imo 107% should not apply.
Does anyone have BBC one stream link ? I have one, but this is kind a low quality
will watch start of this fail and that's it.

no need to see the rest of the boredom.
Should be intresting if a Redbull gets a bad start, thats about it.
what i find interesting is how small the gap between the two HRT cars is, if as stated / thought by a lot of people (myself included) yamamoto is only there because of his sponsorship money rather than outright speed it either means that senna isn't that quick a driver either or the HRT is really easy to drive at its (low) limits or yamamoto is better than he's given credit for.
:sleep2:
#74 - CSF
Ugh this is becoming like NASCAR in terms of bodywork cautions...
#75 - CSF
Lol rosberg and sutil and kubica!!! :d :d

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG