The online racing simulator
Quote from troy :Can't see how anybody thinks this was an "ok" move by schumi, you can clearly see him checking his mirrors for pretty much the whole straight and just when rubens is on his side he starts to squeeze him even more, it would've been ok if he made his intentions clear by going completely to the right side (since he clearly knew rubens will have a go at him there) but he decided to risk a really bad crash and possibly horrible consequences for the people in the pitlane, well deserved penalty in my opinion.

If someone would come out of the pits you would be right. It would be un predictable to know what is gonna happen, but isn't there a blue light on the pit exit so a car exiting would need to wait anyways. Thats what trackmarshalls are for anyway.

The racing itself was hard but predictable. They both are extremely experienced and with their history in mind, it was a great move by 'whinychello'. Finally he beat schumacher on the track. Instead of crying, he could feel reliefed It was a nice battle for a few laps.

PS: racing (drafting into the braking zone) a car that is way slower aka 'Webber stunt', is alot more dangerous and a penalty worth.
Quote from JazzOn :isn't there a blue light on the pit exit so a car exiting would need to wait anyways.

You wot?
wot?

PS: question mark? - yes, sorry.
I remember last years Brazilian GP, Webber forced Kimi off in the very same manner with the same speed give or take. Only difference there, was the small gap of grass from the track to the wall. Not making it any less dangerous than the MSC vs RB incident. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buArrMpQgGo

How is it worse when MSC does something similar, I cant quite comprehend. I thought racing was all about pushing the car, yourself and your competitors to the limit within the rules obviously.
Quote from troy :Can't see how anybody thinks this was an "ok" move by schumi, you can clearly see him checking his mirrors for pretty much the whole straight and just when rubens is on his side he starts to squeeze him even more, it would've been ok if he made his intentions clear by going completely to the right side (since he clearly knew rubens will have a go at him there) but he decided to risk a really bad crash and possibly horrible consequences for the people in the pitlane, well deserved penalty in my opinion.

Totally agreed. He made the mistake of not moving far enough over to the right hand side of the track well BEFORE Rubens even got near him. Rubens had a good 3 car width gap to the right of Schumacher which he of course chose to take. Schumacher should have conceded the right hand side once Rubens had started to have overlap, squeezing like that is out of order and will only cause a possible accident.
Quote from lamerr :I remember last years Brazilian GP, Webber forced Kimi off in the very same manner with the same speed give or take. Only difference there, was the small gap of grass from the track to the wall. Not making it any less dangerous than the MSC vs RB incident. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buArrMpQgGo

How is it worse when MSC does something similar, I cant quite comprehend. I thought racing was all about pushing the car, yourself and your competitors to the limit within the rules obviously.

You're forgetting a simple, yet a very important factor here.

It's because it was Schumacher who made the pass and because of peoples bias towards him which makes them forget past events, much like last weeks witch-hunt against Ferrari which any other team in the same situation would have done the exact same thing...

...but then I suppose it's just fashionable to be anti Ferrari/Schumacher these days
Only 1 light means you can't exit the pits, I'll let you guess which colour...
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :You're forgetting a simple, yet a very important factor here.

It's because it was Schumacher who made the pass and because of peoples bias towards him which makes them forget past events, much like last weeks witch-hunt against Ferrari which any other team in the same situation would have done the exact same thing...

...but then I suppose it's just fashionable to be anti Ferrari/Schumacher these days

Believe You me, I did not forget about the factor You just pointed out, I just left it out for others not so narrow minded people like You to point out.

I agree with You fully
Quote from boothy :Only 1 light means you can't exit the pits, I'll let you guess which colour...

If so, the question would be answered. I thought you couldn't exit under blue too.
-
(DarkTimes) DELETED by DarkTimes
-
(DevilDare) DELETED by DevilDare
Quote from JazzOn :If so, the question would be answered. I thought you couldn't exit under blue too.

Blue lights flashing=One or more cars currently on pitstraight, passing the pit-exit soon.
#212 - CSF
Yea, let's make sure there is absolutely no action on the track, that would be horrible!

Come on.. Drivers always try to find the limits, and racing just has a lot of risks. It's part of it. Yes, Schumi's action wasn't without risk, but it ended well and it was spectacular to see. This is what the public wants to see, real fights on the track. They don't always have to be according to the book. In fact, the riskier the cooler to watch.
Quote from CSF :http://planetf1.com/news/3213/ ... humi-To-Be-Black-Flagged-

K, so next time a Mark Webber does it lads, the black flag must be out.

Funnily enough I guess Schumacher would have prefered the black flag to the 10 places penalty for Spa since he was out of the points anyway

In the end I don't think we'll have consistancy on this kind of decisions, as Schumacher defended himself by the rules, he didn't move his line more than 1 time in the straight, etc... It was just more like a simply dangerous piece of driving, therefore I guess in the future it'll be at the marshalls discretion to make investigations on this kind of incidents or not.

Oh and BTW, after seeing what he's done at Montreal this year(and generally over the last 20 years... but that's another story) I really don't mind seeing him getting a penalty.
I must say.. the way that headline is presented, it's like the steward had something out for Schumi before the race..

Sensational headline
Yea. I think there are a lot more penalties given nowadays. I don't really get why that is..

I was watching the Japanese GP from 2005 the other day, in lap 10 or so, Alonso passes Klien on the outside in the chicane, but he runs wide and goes of. He rejoins the track immediately and lets Klien pass him on the beginning of the straight. Halfway the straight, Alonso is on his tail again and passes him on the inside in T1.

Remind you of something? What was it, Belgium GP, a year ago (or 2)? Hamilton doing exactly the same (chicane, straight, T1..) and got a penalty.

I mean, they just give too many penalties. It's not as if everyone would hit each other off if they didn't give the penalties.. Every spectacular action is being penalised. No wonder F1 is considered boring by so many people.

EDIT: I have to correct myself here. Alonso let Klien past again a few laps later, he probably got a message that that wasn't allowed. It was solved in a nice way.. However, I do have the feeling that there are more penalties being given now, because of some spectacular 'on the edge' actions. I wonder if there are any statistics about this..
I'm on my phone so can't check ATM but I think the difference with the Webber incident is that Schumacher was pushing his victim into a wall, wasn't Webber pushing his into the pit exit road? Iffy sure, but not attempted murder
Also, Webber was already on the right quite early whereas Schumacher was still in the middle of the road when Barrichello committed to the right side.
I love these former F1 drivers, they are SO EFFIN CLEVER all the time. "I should have done XY" "That was a dirty move" "That was a bad decision". Seriously, who the hell cares? This Schumi case is about to be forgotten and Warwick comes and stats throwing shit again...
In fairness the press are asking him questions and he's answering. Do you think the latest stuff is a case of him putting out press releases trying to capture another 15 minutes of fame? He'a got enough money as a second hand car dealer already, let alone the wealth he earned racing in F1.

I really don't think this is a case of Derek trying to relive his glory days by having an opinion. It's simply a case that he his opinion counted for a lot more than ours as he was the steward on the day, and the press are all Schumacher mad because they've no Princess Diana stories anymore and his results army good enough to sell papers, so they're digging up gossip instead.
Quote from Becky Rose :I really don't think this is a case of Derek trying to relive his glory days by having an opinion.

what glory days? frankly i think it would help the stewarding situation if they took drivers that actually finished a race instead of retiring from at least half of them
I don't see why Coulthard was allowed an opinion on this, considering in the last few years of his racing he would crash into anyone who tried to pass him.
Yeah damn these idiots who actually drove in Formula 1. It's obvious they know nothing about the sport! I mean, Coulthard only won 13 grand prix. I just sit about watching races in my underwear. How dare he have an informed opinion.

Edit: 13
#224 - CSF
DC won 13 Grand Prix Darktimes.
More importantly, DC has shown he cannot have an unbiased view on matters concerning Michael Schumacher.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG