The online racing simulator
BF1 Skins
(1662 posts, started )
Here is my first try of the BF1 .Personal skin so put in skins_x
I think it's hard to skin the formula cars, they don't have so much space to put things on
Attached images
BF1_orresport1.jpg
BF1_sportorre1prew1.jpg
Here's my first attempt at a proper skin.
Still WIP so it's abit rough around the edges, having to learn skinning, Photoshop, and art, all at the same time and i'm quickly learning i have no talent for any of them !

(the last pic is the car it's based on)
Quote from Frankmd :Here's my contribution Might need some additional work though.

Nice. With all the wings on a modern F1 car, though, why not go with a Fokker Dreidecker paint scheme?
al comes through with the goods as usual

sweet render too
I don't do them very often, so I went for an easy one (it's not intended to be an exact copy either).
Attached images
Camel.jpg
Really nice skin Al, nice use of colours..

Hey Sin, you must be getting bored, you skinning, very simple skin but very effective, Gav must be having a effect on you..
Skins are coming along nicely...

Shep and ArosaMike, decent jobs you've done on your skins. Means I can save Renault and Red Bull til last

I'm worrying slightly about skinning Toyota and Toro Rosso, might have to revert back to 1024 for those.
Attached images
ferrari.jpg
Quote from Mazz4200 :Here's my first attempt at a proper skin.
Still WIP so it's abit rough around the edges, having to learn skinning, Photoshop, and art, all at the same time and i'm quickly learning i have no talent for any of them !

(the last pic is the car it's based on)

Wow, same Idea...

I needed one day for the full car... hanging around 4/5 of the time with the cockpit, it was so unbelievable difficult :/
Of course because I can't handle a good Graphics-prog and used my PSP7 more like everyone did with MSPaint in the first modding years ^^
And also ... I'm an awesome ... bad skinner, never was good in it but i love working on these cars so i tried it out

I hope it's ok for you... my first Open Wheeler ever and 4th Skin so far...
Skinfile follows if anybody wants it, just let me clean up the last two wrong things
Attached images
Lotus 60s F1 Cockpit.jpg
Lotus 60s F1 oben.jpg
Lotus 60s F1 seite.jpg
Lotus 60s F1 vorne.jpg
Quote from Gobby :Skins are coming along nicely...

Shep and ArosaMike, decent jobs you've done on your skins. Means I can save Renault and Red Bull til last

I'm worrying slightly about skinning Toyota and Toro Rosso, might have to revert back to 1024 for those.

Please, finish the McLaren and I'll forever owe you...Hehe.
Quote from Frankmd :Here's my contribution Might need some additional work though.

if it were my skin, id try to carry some of the blue from the front to the rear. I mean there is some there, but I guess what im saying is try to make the rear match the style of the front. if that makes any sence. awsome work tho.
MP Racer..........great minds think alike

I must say i think your skin looks much more professional, it makes mine look like a toy car lol

Skinning is really difficult to do well, and it takes up loads of time and talent, both of which i lack, but, it is good fun, maybe try a bit of rendering later

Team Lotus 1969 hits the road !!
Quote from MP_Racer :Wow, same Idea...

I needed one day for the full car... hanging around 4/5 of the time with the cockpit, it was so unbelievable difficult :/
Of course because I can't handle a good Graphics-prog and used my PSP7 more like everyone did with MSPaint in the first modding years ^^
And also ... I'm an awesome ... bad skinner, never was good in it but i love working on these cars so i tried it out

I hope it's ok for you... my first Open Wheeler ever and 4th Skin so far...
Skinfile follows if anybody wants it, just let me clean up the last two wrong things

Don't be so hard on yourself, because it looks really good
I love that old lotus color combo
And btw, PSP is definitely a good graphics program
Well ... at first a thank you to the nice comments

Well Mazz... I'm also not good at skinning and alwas trying to get clear lines and nothing difficult, because it will look terrible
Everyone has to start with something, doesn't matter how it looks, it's about to learn it... after some tests you see in what you are good and in what not - and then you start to do skins with the things you are good in, and one new difficult thing, to get that damn thing right .
Oh... I hope that's true ... just don't stop trying, your skin isn't that bad
I bet everyone started with skins like ours are... they might look simple but it took time to make them and it is YOUR work .

Well, what I'm talking about oO ... just wanted to say you shouldn't give up so fast, you got some details in your skin i wanted to get in mine but I failed - so in a special way you had more talnt by placing the real design on a BF1 .

Ok so far... uhm... yeah PSP7 is a really good prog but i'm not good in using tools like these... my skinning looks more like placing Pixel per Pixel per Pexiel.. and so on... not in any way professional. Maybe I should spend some time in tutorials but... oh we all need more time, right? ^^

I also love the Design of old F1 cars, they are simple but in my opinion they are more beautiful than the acutal ones with all those sponsors *ugh*

Wow, way too long posting for a few words 'bout nothing, or not?
MP racer that Lotus is stunning
MP_Racer i would suggest you try to learn the pen tool. I don't remember how it's called in PSP but it's probably the same as in Photoshop. It's a bit confusing at first but it allows you to make nice sharp curves, and it will probably save you a lot of time.

And you're right, sometimes simple is better

I would like to see the skin file of your Lotus. I'm currently trying out 3D rendering and it's coming along pretty ok and your skin would be a nice practise for me.
I see great renders there

Could anyone release a MAX scene ready to skin & render?

Ian, are you there?
Here's a template I just made.
Got a bitmap wireframe, a vectorial wireframe (Photoshop path) and I did what I could with the shading.
Should make it easier to paint now

Updated with some sort of suspension mounting points and added the original shading on top of mine.
Attached files
BF1-Template-Nick_ll.rar - 1.4 MB - 2121 views
Hell on Tyres Teamskin
After two days of hard work, our brand new team skin is finished (each member will get a slightly modified skin with a number, name and stuff like that).

Can't wait to drive that damn car
Attached images
BF1_HoT.jpg
That Sony car is awesome!!! I just cant wait for the Mclaren skin and i hope theres a number 4 not 3 :P.
Nice...thanks for the default skin!

Cant waaaaaaaaait...damn.... this hours makin me crazy!
excuse the TERRIBLE quality screenshot, this is my car ready for tommorow and lots of spins
Attached images
VIEWER_S2 2006-04-21 03-08-06-84.jpg

BF1 Skins
(1662 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG