The online racing simulator
BF1 Skins
(1662 posts, started )
I hope you dont mind , but such a great skin needs a better presentation.
I also added a Black Mask and a Shadow Layer to the skinfile and put your name on it. Dont kill me... pls
Attached images
myearthdreamrenderpresent.jpg
myearthdreamrender.jpg
BF1_myearthdream_7.jpg
BF1_myearthdream_7(low).jpg
thankyou thats absolutely brilliant!
Its a brilliant skin.
Yay, its done!
Skin is a bit blurry in places but nothing major and amazing courage to take that skin on.

I wonder if Honda knew of lfs and thought this will make it hard for them to skin
Great work Iron_Maiden, been waiting for this skin.
Great stuff, the skin is amazing!
@iron maiden

is it uploaded to lfsworld?
iron maiden nicly made m8 must have took the piss to make ^^ PISS !
Quote from Captain Slow :@iron maiden

is it uploaded to lfsworld?

just uploaded it... if you download the updated version(s) Anathema posted it should work

as for it taking the piss to make...well it took a very long time if you look at when the WIP thread was started!

I started out putting side and top pics of the car onto the BF1.. but decided it didnt look very good so re did the whole thing.. after finding the actual image Honda put onto their cars! Think it looks a lot better because of it though... in hindsight the first version of the car i did was a bit shite
well good job, i would have had a meltdown if i tryed to make that ^^
Great work mate, awesome result!

Edit: No Bridgestone logos?
Fantastic Iron Maiden. Really good work. One small request though, could you make a no 8 Rubens car as well? Thanks
Should be simple, all you have to do is remove the 7 and put on a 8.
Quote from Dalek0220 :Should be simple, all you have to do is remove the 7 and put on a 8.

Yeah easy enough on the wing endplates, but hard on the nose. Hoping Iron can fix it for us
Quote from GT VIRUS :Yeah easy enough on the wing endplates, but hard on the nose. Hoping Iron can fix it for us

If he has the numbers on separate layers it should be a piece of cake
Rubens' car:
Attached images
BF1_myearthdream_8.jpg
Thankyou very much!
That's very nice! It's good to see people to have the guts to take on this huge challenge..
It is a shame tho, because the BF1 is based on an actual F1 chassis, the cars will always look odd, no matter how they are painted, as much as i like to see real car paint on the LFS F1 car.. especially the Renaults.. they will always look extremely, weird, and therefore, I prefer the original ones, as long as they stick to a guideline or sort, and even though there IS such a thing as an earthcar, nobody would copy that!
Actually looks incredible madman.

Out of interest, where did you get the original earth images? Been looking for a decent set for ages and havent found any.
Quote from DeKo :Actually looks incredible madman.

Out of interest, where did you get the original earth images? Been looking for a decent set for ages and havent found any.

Hi Deko,

Thanks for the comments, sorry that I haven't released it yet. I have been trying to sort out my computer after it was infected with a virus, haven't really had time to work on it.

The images were tricky to get, first I started using google earth and was putting together the word map using screenshots which was tremendously tedious and time consuming so I again tried to search for a hi resolution world map. Just by chance I have stumbled upon this

http://www.whodah.com/Misc/earth-map-big.jpg (warning.. HUGE IMAGE)

It is a very detailed and hi resolution map, I then played around with it in photoshop to bring out some of the ocean details just like they have on the Honda car. Its not exactly the same but its close enough. I found the Honda livery earth map way too green which looks unrealistic. I mean they have a green Sahara desert so I just left the default colours which look a lot more realistic.....
I recently decided to learn to use the pen tool in Photoshop, so I chose to do this livery on the BF1 due to all the curves and edges. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but rapidly became a nightmare.

Still, at least I did get more comfortable using the pen tool, and it didn`t turn out too bad.

Here you go, some screenshots, the real car, and the skin in 1024x and 2048x, it`s already uploaded to LFSW, so go ahead and use it online.

The 2048x version is much higher quality, but if you really need to use the 1024x version, remove the _1024 from the filename.

Cheers.
Attached images
arting1.jpg
arting2.jpg
m-03_800.jpg
m-08_800.jpg
BF1_ARTING_1024.jpg
BF1_ARTING.jpg
Impressive work.

BF1 Skins
(1662 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG