The online racing simulator
BF1 Skins
(1662 posts, started )
Beautiful skin.
Very nice. I like it.
Impressive level of detail.
Quote from Madman_CZ :Hi Deko,

Thanks for the comments, sorry that I haven't released it yet. I have been trying to sort out my computer after it was infected with a virus, haven't really had time to work on it.

The images were tricky to get, first I started using google earth and was putting together the word map using screenshots which was tremendously tedious and time consuming so I again tried to search for a hi resolution world map. Just by chance I have stumbled upon this

http://www.whodah.com/Misc/earth-map-big.jpg (warning.. HUGE IMAGE)

It is a very detailed and hi resolution map, I then played around with it in photoshop to bring out some of the ocean details just like they have on the Honda car. Its not exactly the same but its close enough. I found the Honda livery earth map way too green which looks unrealistic. I mean they have a green Sahara desert so I just left the default colours which look a lot more realistic.....

Ah right Okay. I had seen that image before and planned to use it to make my own version, but never really got round to it. I suspected you had used a different method because the oceans were different, but i guess not.

btw, http://www.whodah.com/Misc/earth-map-huge.jpg is even bigger, some 6400x3200.

I agree about the honda livery looking unrealistic. Your render looks so much better than the actual honda earth livery, cant wait for a release
McLaren Skin
Hi,

This is the first skin I've spent much time on. This is based on pictures from the Bahrain race. Enjoy.
Attached images
Hamilton1.jpg
Hamilton2.jpg
BF1_Mclaren_mj.jpg
That looks pretty good
Quote from meanjeans :Hi,

This is the first skin I've spent much time on. This is based on pictures from the Bahrain race. Enjoy.

I think you over-done the shadow on the vodavone area. Over than that is was a good skin.
Quote from meanjeans :Hi,

Don't take this the wrong way, but isn't there supposed to be a number 2 on that nose???
OK here is the skin, I hope you like it. I checked it for all mapping mistakes so there should not be any major errors but if you stumble across any that you would like me to fix then please let me know and I will fix them asap. I've just been staring at it for too long now to spot them myself.

enjoy

mad

number 7 = Jenson Button
number 8 = Rubens Barichello

edit:
Skin now reposted here http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=503656#post503656[/B]
Attached images
BF1_Honda_07_preview.jpg
The numbers on the rear wing are missing, for the rest.. i can't spot anything wrong Very nice job man!
aha... thought that may come up

The version of the car I was using as reference was this

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/5145/hondara107hiuf3.jpg

which has no numbers on the wing..

I will add them to the wings though as the rear wing does look a bit plain..

gimmie few minutes to fix it
The wireframe is still showing and its a bit glitched on the top of the right sidepod, but apart from that its fantastic .
Quote from DeKo :The wireframe is still showing and its a bit glitched on the top of the right sidepod, but apart from that its fantastic .

didn't notice that.. but i see it too now..
ok.. skin is fixed. I uploaded the new files above.

mad
It still shows some wire frame headrest.
Quote from Sponge :It still shows some wire frame headrest.

0.o, i cant see that one.

At the very bottom left theres a tiny bit of a glitch, but thanks madman, looks incredible.

FYI, i uploaded the #7 version to LFSworld names "BF1_Honda07Button.jpg", the original name was too long.
Quote from Sponge :It still shows some wire frame headrest.

Sorry.. i can't see it either. Could you point it out for me with a circle or something? I have just spotted a small mapping error on the front wing where you can see a squarish dark blue area on the ocean. Will edit the skins but please Sponge.... point out the wireframe for me. The wireframe glitch was quite annoying, i rubbed out the main underlaying layer which exposed the wireframe. Quite annoying....

mad
here's the little things i spotted.
Attached images
stuff i spotted.jpg
Sorry Madman, the mapping is wrong all over the place... I see three Arabian Peninsulas, two Scandinavian Peninsulas, two Italys, one HUGE Middle America and ocean where a part of South America should be and a big black spot just left of the headrest...
Quote from bbman :Sorry Madman, the mapping is wrong all over the place... I see three Arabian Peninsulas, two Scandinavian Peninsulas, two Italys, one HUGE Middle America and ocean where a part of South America should be and a big black spot just left of the headrest...

i think the black bit is a problem with the pro-kit, i have the error aswell and i cant find it anywhere. on my own skin.

Okay maybe not the pro kit, i just havent got a ****ing clue where that black bit is.
I FOUND IT. lots of torture and i found the wee annoying bit that colours that bit in.

If you copy paste a bit of the green bit and put it in that area then itll look a lot better than the black. Also, for the other side, a darker blue bit of sea would look much better also.

Sorry about this, just really keen to have a decent version of this
Quote from DeKo :Sorry about this, just really keen to have a decent version of this

Not to worry, I will fix it all. I have a free day today so will see.

Thanks Sponge for pointing those out for me, i just didn't see all those little tweaks but I am surprised I didn't find the hole on the front of the nose...

bbman: yeah noticed that too. Will change it....

mad

BF1 Skins
(1662 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG