The online racing simulator
BF1 Skins
(1662 posts, started )
Quote from SamH :You just need this S2 licence everyone is talking about. I'm very worried about your S2 licence!

Hi sam! Workin hard?
Iron_Maiden, brilliant imitation of the Honda!

Madman, fantastic attempt and very detailed, even if there are flaws and doesn't have the Honda look as much as Iron's, it's FAR better than anything I could do so I can't knock it!
Quote from TiJay :Iron_Maiden, brilliant imitation of the Honda!

Madman, fantastic attempt and very detailed, even if there are flaws and doesn't have the Honda look as much as Iron's, it's FAR better than anything I could do so I can't knock it!

I am still fixing a few things, hope to release the final version today after a few busy days with other things. Will try and fix it as much as I can but I think after my next release it will be final.

mad
Quote from CodieMorgan :Im sorry.. but I too am a deviantart member and this is a straight up copyright violation!

Remove please! Read the authors notes and creative commons! Respect their work!

Quote from CC Article :You are free:
To Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work

Under the following conditions:

Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

(For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.)

He did link to the original, and did not claim the original as his. The author did mention though that he doesn't want his work copied. Either I guess he should have placed a higher CC degree, or maybe the note wasn't there when the guy made the skin.
Besides, the member who made that is on these forums as well. He's the one who made the Footwork FO8. I talk to him on a regular basis.

Cheers,
Matt.
Quote from Tweaker :Post skins here for the: BF1 (BMW Sauber)

RULES:
  1. ONLY Post Finished Skins
  2. If you have a screenshot, please post the skin file also (not a requirement, but would be nice).
  3. If you have the files hosted elsewhere, please DO NOT use [IMG] tags for screenshots, etc. It will make the thread load slower for 56k users.
  4. Try to keep the chatter to a minimum, new people are viewing this thread to find themselves a nice skin, they don't need to scroll through pages of text to finally find something. If you want to comment on someone's skin, that is fine, but please... everyone is exploring their own creativity and personal tastes, so be supportive.
Thank You, and happy skinning! :cool:

You may call me a spammer (as i'm gonna post this everywhere) but f'ing read them for a change!
Quote from unseen :I recently decided to learn to use the pen tool in Photoshop, so I chose to do this livery on the BF1 due to all the curves and edges. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but rapidly became a nightmare.

Still, at least I did get more comfortable using the pen tool, and it didn`t turn out too bad.

Here you go, some screenshots, the real car, and the skin in 1024x and 2048x, it`s already uploaded to LFSW, so go ahead and use it online.

The 2048x version is much higher quality, but if you really need to use the 1024x version, remove the _1024 from the filename.

Cheers.

My God, that is stunning. Guess we're gonna see a few of those out at BL1
madman, any news?
yes sorry... all nearly fixed. Its sitting on my computer.. will post later.

mad
heres my attempt at replicating the Nastro Azzurro Honda 2002 of Valentino Rossi

hope you enjoy it bike fans
Attached images
BF1_NastroAzzurro.jpg
nastro1.jpg
nastro2.jpg
Quote from Psymonhilly :heres my attempt at replicating the Nastro Azzurro Honda 2002 of Valentino Rossi

hope you enjoy it bike fans

your render has too much AA or my eye sight is going :P
Good looking skin though
Quote from Stew2000 :your render has too much AA or my eye sight is going :P

im just not very good with 3DS
Quote from unseen :I recently decided to learn to use the pen tool in Photoshop, so I chose to do this livery on the BF1 due to all the curves and edges. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but rapidly became a nightmare.

Still, at least I did get more comfortable using the pen tool, and it didn`t turn out too bad.

Here you go, some screenshots, the real car, and the skin in 1024x and 2048x, it`s already uploaded to LFSW, so go ahead and use it online.

The 2048x version is much higher quality, but if you really need to use the 1024x version, remove the _1024 from the filename.

Cheers.

Hmm now thats the thing... You have to think more in depth about Car Sponsers me thinks , Bridgestone is ok, but Total ... they are hand in hand with Peugeot, i would of thought Esso or Castrol because of Toyotas current links, even a Customer Toyota team would stick to some recommended guideline i think, but maybe a Total decal and a Toyota decal on the same car, just don't look right to me
Quote from BlueFlame :Hmm now thats the thing... You have to think more in depth about Car Sponsers me thinks , Bridgestone is ok, but Total ... they are hand in hand with Peugeot, i would of thought Esso or Castrol because of Toyotas current links, even a Customer Toyota team would stick to some recommended guideline i think, but maybe a Total decal and a Toyota decal on the same car, just don't look right to me

You DID look a the photo of the real car, didn't you? :doh:
Ok. Here are the final versions of the BF1 Honda Earth skin.

Check it out, I have fixed some of the major graphic bugs.

mad

Update

Fixed earth on wing bug
Wireframe showing in places fixed
2/7/07 - More bugs fixed, there should now not be any speckles of earth on the back of the car.
Fixed the 3 versions of the great lakes
Fixed right rear view mirror
Aligned better the map on the top left of the side pod.
Attached images
BF1_Honda_07_preview.jpg
BF1_Honda_07_JButton.jpg
BF1_Honda_07_RBarichello.jpg
there are bits of earth showing on the back wing, but apart from that its absolutely brilliant . Thanks.
Ok, I will fix that little bug. I don't get how I missed it when I was checking the skin in the viewer.

will post a updated version later

mad
There are still some very small places where the Wireframe ist visible.
Attached images
BF1_Honda_07_Jwireframe.jpg
Quote from LFSn00b :

Render is old compared to the skin file :P that bug is fixed.

Highsider thanks for pointing those out to me.

Ok I have fixed and uploaded new versions of the files
Left sidepod - not aligned, top of the shark finn not aligned, bits of earth all over the black parts of the car, finns in front of the bargeboards wrong and right rear view-mirror also wrong...
Is it me, or is there still 3 sets of great lakes?
-
(Madman_CZ) DELETED by Madman_CZ
Ok.. I have uploaded a new version of the skin.

I have fixed the great lakes issue, I can't believe I didn't notice that before. I have also fixed a few things bbman pointed. I tried to fix the barge boards but due to the way the car is unwrapped and the way the map is layed down I am afraid there is little I can do to fix it unless I re-do the whole car.

If you spot any other mistakes please do let me know though. Will hapilly fix it.

mad

BF1 Skins
(1662 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG