The online racing simulator
#251 - Dac
Quote from J03130 :If track days count then yes i do race in real life. not my car obviously i dont wanna mess that up.

Track days are not races, therefore you know 'nowt',
Quote from Dac :Track days are not races, therefore you know 'nowt',

im sorry but why has every twat in this forum sniffed out this 'argument' and tried going against me????????? if your not involved dont get involved!
Quote from J03130 :im sorry but why has every twat in this forum sniffed out this 'argument' and tried going against me????????? if your not involved dont get involved!

I'm sorry but I have to reply again against my will, because you just called me a twat...
IMO you can take that compliment for yourself... suits perfectly. Go back and read what you wrote on public forum.
Iracing and rF are not crap. Both have things I wish we had in LFS, but we dont. No problem there, because LFS have unique features that I love and is always developing. But saying iracing is crap, comon man, take a grip and open your eyes... but I doubt you will because of that comments.
iRacing is far from shit! rF is though
yes, and entertainig yourself.
Quote from tiagolapa :Iracing and rF are not crap. Both have things I wish we had in LFS, but we dont.

Agreed. Both far surpass LFS in many aspects, but they lack other things that LFS does have. Simply saying they're both crap reeks of fanboyism and makes you look a fool.
He's right, they are shit. For his purposes.
Quote from tiagolapa :I'm sorry but I have to reply again against my will, because you just called me a twat...
IMO you can take that compliment for yourself... suits perfectly. Go back and read what you wrote on public forum.
Iracing and rF are not crap. Both have things I wish we had in LFS, but we dont. No problem there, because LFS have unique features that I love and is always developing. But saying iracing is crap, comon man, take a grip and open your eyes... but I doubt you will because of that comments.

If you used your brain that wasn't aimed at you it was aimed at people who do certain things here. and iracing and rfactor are crap.....for me. they just lack something but i cant put my finger on it. maybe it is cos im more of a cruiser than a racer. they just dont grab me like LFS does.
#259 - Dac
Quote from J03130 :im sorry but why has every twat in this forum sniffed out this 'argument' and tried going against me????????? if your not involved dont get involved!

It's a public forum which means people are entitled to post. And if you weren't making such a fool out of yourself maybe you wouldn't be in this situation.

Also, how about tidying up your spelling and grammar but more importantly your attitude cause they all stink!
Quote from Dac :It's a public forum which means people are entitled to post. And if you weren't making such a fool out of yourself maybe you wouldn't be in this situation.

Also, how about tidying up your spelling and grammar but more importantly your attitude cause they all stink!

Mission accomplished!
Quote from bully2100 :
rfactor uses the old f12001 engine? gtr1/2? tweaked? can play a bit of it, but still dont feel like im driving a car. looks ok, and plenty of mods, most of which im either not interest in, or a rubbish :-)

Better compared to lfs' elastic physics.
Scavier has done lot of job, when you look at the all this stuff, people just seems forgeting all, when they´re whineing updates all the time, look at the facts and think about it. There are three guys makeing this game, it´s a miracle that they made this far for competing whit iracing and Rfactor.

Scavier, you´re making awesome job. Keep it up. Dont mind these idiots whose whineing for updates.

/lock
This thread from Tyre Physics Progress Report is becoming Witch sim is better?
Quote from manneF1 :Scavier has done lot of job, when you look at the all this stuff, people just seems forgeting all, when they´re whineing updates all the time, look at the facts and think about it. There are three guys makeing this game, it´s a miracle that they made this far for competing whit iracing and Rfactor.

Scavier, you´re making awesome job. Keep it up. Dont mind these idiots whose whineing for updates.

/lock

We sure are looking to the facts, but the fact is that usually Scavier has released ~2 bigger updates in a year (until 2007) and now here hasnt been an "bigger" update after patch Y (Z really counts?). You havent been long enough here to understand the "veterans" pains, but heck, neither have i.

I'd like to hear soon from the dev team, this waiting is dropping my motivation towards this sim slowly and slowly.
Quote from yeager :Because nearly every problem with people on this forum waiting and complaining is down to communication. LFS is a fantastic game and i've gotten WAY more fun for the money than any other software.

However the developers really do a poor job of communicating their work to the user community. Why report no progress? Simply because people are waiting and a few words of assurance that things are still under way but no dates yet to report goes a long, long way.

There is so much frustration on this forum simply because nobody really knows what and when things will happen. A simple few lines every month, giving just a little insight into what is going on, would ease tension a great deal. Especially when updates are over a year late.

I don't think communicating the progress (or the lack of it) would do any good. Why are most people frustrated? Because updates have been promised, even a release date was communicated for the upcoming contents, and - not so much later - it turned out that the release will be delayed. For whatever reasons. People are now puzzled, how can the delay be that long? After all, iirc developers put up a release date a month or so before the original estimated date, and that has passed more than a year ago. That is, you have to admit, disappointing. Even if there are a lot of other extra stuff that has been, and will be done in addition to the original plan.

I, for one, don't care, because I play LFS only occasionally, and can't even remember the last time I went online, but will try the new patches whenever they come out.

As a software developer myself, I know how this stuff works, and I am surprised that, after all these years, Scawen and co. can still work on it. That alone, is a big achievement I think. And I wouldn't be surprised if, after being at it that long, many other things in life became more important than developing this single piece of software (no matter how much they like doing it), like family and so on. That, and the ever increasing complexity of the software slow down the development. You can always bump into a problem that you think you can solve in two days and then turns out to be two weeks. There will always be people who can't accept these facts and start to moan about the lack of progress here in the forums. Developing a software with this complexity is a huge task, and if only one person is doing it, it takes a lot of time.

Progress reports don't speed up the development - if there is no customer or, even better, co-developers to provide some pressure (which can help productivity to some degree, but can be counter-productive as well) - and don't make impatient people calm down either, so they're really pointless, unless the developer feels like writing one. Regular progress reports can help keep up the interest but, not for very long. More than a year, imho, is very long.

There always will be moaners, no matter how good or bad the communication is. Even if the patch comes out, there will be people saying: "that's what we've been waiting for this long? that's sh!t, try 'xyz' they're doing this and that so much better!" People who are bored, can't be satisfied, and grow angry over time, and there is nothing you or anybody can do to change that. Except for themselves: they need to find something else to do to cure the boredom.
#266 - Dac
Quote from Vertic :I don't think communicating the progress (or the lack of it) would do any good. Why are most people frustrated? Because updates have been promised, even a release date was communicated for the upcoming contents, and - not so much later - it turned out that the release will be delayed. For whatever reasons. People are now puzzled, how can the delay be that long? After all, iirc developers put up a release date a month or so before the original estimated date, and that has passed more than a year ago. That is, you have to admit, disappointing. Even if there are a lot of other extra stuff that has been, and will be done in addition to the original plan.

I, for one, don't care, because I play LFS only occasionally, and can't even remember the last time I went online, but will try the new patches whenever they come out.

As a software developer myself, I know how this stuff works, and I am surprised that, after all these years, Scawen and co. can still work on it. That alone, is a big achievement I think. And I wouldn't be surprised if, after being at it that long, many other things in life became more important than developing this single piece of software (no matter how much they like doing it), like family and so on. That, and the ever increasing complexity of the software slow down the development. You can always bump into a problem that you think you can solve in two days and then turns out to be two weeks. There will always be people who can't accept these facts and start to moan about the lack of progress here in the forums. Developing a software with this complexity is a huge task, and if only one person is doing it, it takes a lot of time.

Progress reports don't speed up the development - if there is no customer or, even better, co-developers to provide some pressure (which can help productivity to some degree, but can be counter-productive as well) - and don't make impatient people calm down either, so they're really pointless, unless the developer feels like writing one. Regular progress reports can help keep up the interest but, not for very long. More than a year, imho, is very long.

There always will be moaners, no matter how good or bad the communication is. Even if the patch comes out, there will be people saying: "that's what we've been waiting for this long? that's sh!t, try 'xyz' they're doing this and that so much better!" People who are bored, can't be satisfied, and grow angry over time, and there is nothing you or anybody can do to change that. Except for themselves: they need to find something else to do to cure the boredom.

What we, are, bothered about, is, not just, the fact that, they have been promised, but the lack of content, which hasn't been updated since 2007.
Quote from J03130 :Who says i know nothing about racing?????? u know shit about me and what i do sooooooooo......ye. xD

Hmm, no I don't know anything about you other than what you say on this forum.... and I can't help but picture you as your avatar the way you communicate... Seriously, read your quote above and look at your avatar - they match!

Quote from oldnavy :This thread from Tyre Physics Progress Report is becoming Witch sim is better?

Clearly a broom sim would be ideal.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Hmm, no I don't know anything about you other than what you say on this forum.... and I can't help but picture you as your avatar the way you communicate... Seriously, read your quote above and look at your avatar - they match!

Clearly a broom sim would be ideal.

lol obviously it's not me xD
Quote from Dac :What we, are, bothered about, is, not just, the fact that, they have been promised, but the lack of content, which hasn't been updated since 2007.

yeah I can't use punctuation correctly, sorry for that, I'm not a native speaker and I rarely write english.

But I agree, that is too long. Most people would like to see progress much more often, even if the steps are smaller and the released stuff is not perfect. But that is up to Scawen and co. to decide, after all it's their own product, they do it how they feel it suits them. And let's not forget that when people payed for the licence, there were no promises for updates, so basically any update you get is a gift. If you say you would be even willing to pay for the updates, I don't think that would help either, for the reasons I wrote in my previous post.
Quote from manneF1 :Scavier has done lot of job, when you look at the all this stuff, people just seems forgeting all, when they´re whineing updates all the time, look at the facts and think about it. There are three guys makeing this game, it´s a miracle that they made this far for competing whit iracing and Rfactor.

/lock

Well I do appreciate the work they have done so far, but with that alpha tag it shows that LFS is not complete, therefore I expect additional content, even if you have to pay for it (e.g. S3). If the devs were to remove the Alpha tag, I would not expect more content because I will know it is a full game. Simples!

If the devs want to continue developing the alpha game, I would expect the progress made to be slightly faster. If that is too hard, they can write a paragraph, or even just a couple of sentances to show how development is going on the game (PR.) It doesn't have to include release dates, just what they have been working on.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Well I do appreciate the work they have done so far, but with that alpha tag it shows that LFS is not complete, therefore I expect additional content, even if you have to pay for it (e.g. S3). If the devs were to remove the Alpha tag, I would not expect more content because I will know it is a full game. Simples!

If the devs want to continue developing the alpha game, I would expect the progress made to be slightly faster. If that is too hard, they can write a paragraph, or even just a couple of sentances to show how development is going on the game (PR.) It doesn't have to include release dates, just what they have been working on.

Scawed said the Alpha tag will be removed with 0.6A. But after Alpha, there is Beta so yeah
#272 - Dac
Quote from Vertic : yeah I can't use punctuation correctly, sorry for that, I'm not a native speaker and I rarely write english.

But I agree, that is too long. Most people would like to see progress much more often, even if the steps are smaller and the released stuff is not perfect. But that is up to Scawen and co. to decide, after all it's their own product, they do it how they feel it suits them. And let's not forget that when people payed for the licence, there were no promises for updates, so basically any update you get is a gift. If you say you would be even willing to pay for the updates, I don't think that would help either, for the reasons I wrote in my previous post.

Scawen and co have developed a very good product with a large user base, so it's only natural that they want it too continue. It's like building a very good car and then deciding not making spare parts and accessories for it.

The problem we have is that we know there is enough money in LFS for it too become a lot more, but the developers refusal to employ more coders is always going to hinder progress and make it second best. Without updates LFS will go downhill because the competitors are competing, and the majority wont stick around to play a dinosaur like they will the bigger sims.
Quote from kimd41 :Scawed said the Alpha tag will be removed with 0.6A. But after Alpha, there is Beta so yeah

The alpha tag is already removed for your info
Quote from Flame CZE :The alpha tag is already removed for your info

Lol, I just noticed that now.

BUT, there is still the VWS, tyre physics and S3 to come. Stuff they have annouced but haven't released yet. Whenever the time comes, they can release that stuff and I wouldn't be expecting much more.... other than more languages.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Lol, I just noticed that now.

BUT, there is still the VWS, tyre physics and S3 to come. Stuff they have annouced but haven't released yet. Whenever the time comes, they can release that stuff and I wouldn't be expecting much more.... other than more languages.

iirc, S3 is coming out starting with Rockingham and the VWS and a Unknown car , I dont see why people should be moaning, If they dont like it then go play the game or leave, or shuttt uppp :P
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG