The online racing simulator
Oh while you're at it, sorry for bothering you again, but i am also wondering at what point a lap is counted? At the end of sector 1 just like OLFSL?
outlaps won't count and the fast lap is counted, when its finished.
Sounds good, thx for the quick answer mate.
Quote from commandermas :@Humbleridderen: yeah thats slightly better, but i think, as this nearly means the same, everyone understands what we mean

It actually meant the complete opposite, i.e. that it is forbidden to join the server after the currently racing driver started his last lap before the stop.
hm ah yes after about 40 times of reading i see what you mean, but after another 20 minutes of thinking about that, it is NOT forbidden to join after, but it is allowed to join before, as far as i understand my english This is because the skindownload may least a while so the driverchange doesn't cost any time.
#56 - Aid
so there is 4 wheel on track rule (that means only tarmac and curbs - no wheel on grass) or standard rule 2 wheels inside white line?
2 wheels on track

just keep sure that you don't ram anything with your front and the lap won't be cutted. We have got a layout for that.
btw where to check, how much laps i can do more?
#59 - Aid
any chance of registering quali servers at lfs remote?
So...only fast laps count?
yes

you won't need remote for the qualservers, teammates are allowed to join.
okay,i can see my lapcount whit !pi
Quote from manneF1 :okay,i can see my lapcount whit !pi

check out tracker it shows how many laps you have completed
I see. Thanks
Got a few questions/observations of my own after going through the rules.

Should disconnects really be penalized with a lap deduction? There's a case for that when it's obviously advantageous to the team involved, but usually it's just a kick when someone's already down.

'Blue Flags have to be respected immediately after the first showing.' Is this really that strict? It's often the case later in a race this long that you have people extremely closely matched on pace lapping eachother, and they can throw a blue flag for several laps before really catching up.

And finally, is passing allowed under a yellow? You seem to indicate you frown on any tomfoolery under the yellow, but you don't say you can't pass.

I'm a stickler for my rules.
Quote from rcpilot :Got a few questions/observations of my own after going through the rules.

Should disconnects really be penalized with a lap deduction? There's a case for that when it's obviously advantageous to the team involved, but usually it's just a kick when someone's already down.

Usually, but if it wouldn't be penalized there would be teams, that could use it to make "faster" pitstops. One drivers joins because there is a driverchange coming. Oh the driver on track disconnects and immediately the new driver goes out with fresh tires and without a second of pitting.

Quote :
'Blue Flags have to be respected immediately after the first showing.' Is this really that strict? It's often the case later in a race this long that you have people extremely closely matched on pace lapping eachother, and they can throw a blue flag for several laps before really catching up.

They have to be respected. The driver who wants to pass should not have a problem while passing, like we had it in the first year, where NGTs sticked to there line when GT1s tried to overtake.

Blue flags can be ignored if you are in a higher class for sure

Quote :
And finally, is passing allowed under a yellow? You seem to indicate you frown on any tomfoolery under the yellow, but you don't say you can't pass.

I'm a stickler for my rules.

oh yeah the yellow thing. Thats quite annoying, because the yellow flag isn't shown in a defined area its shown to "sectors". So sometimes the driver in front gets yellow and the one behind him not. If you say it's not allowed then you have a really big problem, because one driver had yellow and the other not. (We had this situation in a race). So we decided to allow passing under yellow, but if there is a crash there will be a penalty for the driver who took too much risk.
NGTs should stick to their line though, so GTs can go around them without trouble, or pass on the straight.
agreed. cars stick to their line its the gt2 and gt1 responsibility to overtake without crashing.
Everytime the same discussion
hm i think i expressed it wrong. A nGT didn't just stick to his line but somehow tried to block the GT1, or it looked like that.
That would be indeed wrong
Quote from commandermas :Usually, but if it wouldn't be penalized there would be teams, that could use it to make "faster" pitstops. One drivers joins because there is a driverchange coming. Oh the driver on track disconnects and immediately the new driver goes out with fresh tires and without a second of pitting.

Yes, a few teams have gained from that in the past when no penalties were given and disconnects weren't reviewed. But, a lot of people are going to disconnect in the course of a 16h race with 80+ teams involved, and a vast majority of them will have their race hurt by it. Broadly giving everyone such a large penalty for a disconnect does far more harm to innocents and the overall ability to have a competitive race imo.

You don't even really have to devote admin resources to it, just make it a protestable penalty to gain from a disconnect and most competitors would be happy to cry foul.
Quote from commandermas :Usually, but if it wouldn't be penalized there would be teams, that could use it to make "faster" pitstops. One drivers joins because there is a driverchange coming. Oh the driver on track disconnects and immediately the new driver goes out with fresh tires and without a second of pitting.

I´ve to agree with rc pilot on this one. I´m not sure about all of the facts of an intentional DC, but you admins should try to find some better way then just add a +1 lap penalty to a team which possibly then will lose almost 2 laps (~200 secs.), in case they´d suffer a DC just just before the start finish line. The solution you present here doesn´t sound very elegant to me and might deserve a closer look at.

The questions to me (keeping the subject FXR/XRR engine damage out of it as here teams will make their own decisions anyways.. ) are:

1.What´s the maximum time a team could gain on a intentional DC?
Isn´t it something like refuel, tire change in- and outlap? A 30-40 secs all in all ?

If this is correct:

2.Any better way to eleminate this possible advantage?
How about:
Any DC´s before 1st split (which is at 30-35 secs. for all car classes at AS7r ) would mean SG penalty for the team, all other DC´s would NOT become punished as no time advantage could be gained on it? True?

@ Need to add something here: Admins don´t/can´t see where the DC has happened during the race. And drivers just can´t type " Pls. give us a DT" in the race chat. But teams/drivers will know and in case of a DC before 1st split, after their reconnect drive in the pits, stay there for 15 secs. and pick up their race again. Via tracker all DC´s will be easy to find after the race, the hopefully few DC´s are then to check by the admins after the race via replay.
I agree to rcpilot, but how to control if a DC was intended or not?
Quote from rcpilot :Yes, a few teams have gained from that in the past when no penalties were given and disconnects weren't reviewed. But, a lot of people are going to disconnect in the course of a 16h race with 80+ teams involved, and a vast majority of them will have their race hurt by it. Broadly giving everyone such a large penalty for a disconnect does far more harm to innocents and the overall ability to have a competitive race imo.

You don't even really have to devote admin resources to it, just make it a protestable penalty to gain from a disconnect and most competitors would be happy to cry foul.

A really good idea. We will have a try for that next year and if it works out, we'll stay with that rule.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG