The online racing simulator
Will there be an IRC channel this time around?
I agree with Jason, it's impossible in the ngt car to suddenly pull out of a corner....the entry line is so crucial so that you don't end up causing a pile up after the corner/chicane. I hope the gt1/gt2 cars will understand this and show some restraint, it is a long race after all.
Quote from jasonmatthews : Of course the NGT's should move over if possible, but I would think that it is the responsibility of the passing car to not even attempt it in the chicane's or corners.

that is what my quote should have meant. In the first year we had NGTs that totally sticked to their line and the faster cars had their problems to lap them
Quote from Makao :Few questions:
1. Are you going to warn about cutting or there will be penalty straight away and what kind of penalty? DT?
2. This shift+p rule if you can call it a rule is crazy, you should avoid that what happened on ALTERNATE 24 Hours of Aston GP, IMO you should make a clear statement about shift+p, penalty (for example +1 lap) or no penalty for shift+p. The second part of the question is how about timeouts? Are you going to penalize for that or not?
3. When are you going to send server password?

I think using MoE/IGTC/GTAL rules for timeouts would be good. I mean no penalty, only for intentional timeouts +1 lap. And +1 lap for every shift+p to avoid any unnecessary accusation about favoring one of the teams. Please consider this.

1. if we see someone cutting all the time, he will get 1 warning, if he doens't stop cutting he will be penalized.

2. on this track it is really easy to flip. that costs much time and you don't need to penalize that further. if you see someone flipping shortly before their swap/pit stop you can send in a protest, we will have a look if that was a flip on purpose. (intentional timeouts/shift+p(s)/flips etc will be penalized for sure.)

3. when the admin who can send passwords to all is back

timeouts won't be penalized (at first) but if there is a protest because you think that it might have been an intentional timeout that team might get a penalty later (if we think that it was an intentional timeout)
Quote from rcpilot :Will there be an IRC channel this time around?

the irc channel is in quakenet
#LFS-16h2010

but be a bit patient if you don't get an answer instantly
-
(commandermas) DELETED by commandermas
16h Raceserver Password is the same as the qualification password

servers are:

16h 2010 Server 1 by RM
16h 2010 Server 2 by RM
Which is?
i won't post it on the forum

every team should have got it. we will send an email again.

if you didn't get the email for the qualification, look in your spamfolder

if there is no email, send me a pm
Please mate resend the password ! I deleted the day after qualification !
Quote from commandermas :16h Raceserver Password is the same as the qualification password

servers are:

16h 2010 Server 1 by RM
16h 2010 Server 2 by RM

activated
Great mate.
About cutting: Since you can cut T1 to the extreme, will the idiots (if there is any, hopefully not) who goes straight over the grass in T1, full throttle, get a penalty without warning, if it is intentional? Would been a bit stupid imo, if you can go straight over there 3-4 times intentional :P
if there is anybody who tries that, he will get a stop and go instantly, because that is really really stupid.
ok, good
Quote from commandermas :
Quote from jasonmatthews :Of course the NGT's should move over if possible, but I would think that it is the responsibility of the passing car to not even attempt it in the chicane's or corners.

that is what my quote should have meant. In the first year we had NGTs that totally sticked to their line and the faster cars had their problems to lap them

Thanks for the clarification
Quote from Tomhah :About cutting: Since you can cut T1 to the extreme, will the idiots (if there is any, hopefully not) who goes straight over the grass in T1, full throttle, get a penalty without warning, if it is intentional? Would been a bit stupid imo, if you can go straight over there 3-4 times intentional :P

Awww man, you ruined my only chance to stay close to the field Why else would we have chosen FXR? ^^
I'm really sorry for the UFR i hitted.
Don't know if is the best place to put this.
It's definitely the worst place to put this in xD

But well good luck to everyone and have fun lolz
hmmm .. following LFS Remote on grid2 .. some drivers taking advantage of doing shift-p when they get into serious trouble with a heavy damage car (but still able to drive the car).
The way I read the rules it was not allowed to shift-P unless you were stuck in the gravel or laying on the roof?
Quote from sjoblom :hmmm .. following LFS Remote on grid2 .. some drivers taking advantage of doing shift-p when they get into serious trouble with a heavy damage car (but still able to drive the car).
The way I read the rules it was not allowed to shift-P unless you were stuck in the gravel or laying on the roof?

Protest them.
Quote from KaiqueBRA :I'm really sorry for the UFR i hitted.
Don't know if is the best place to put this.

Must've been me.

Oh well, lost only 30-40 seconds since it was at the very end of my stint... I was about to pit in a few laps anyway... Could've been worse
Remote of server 2 dead?
Mate the race was finished since 2 hours ago ...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG