The online racing simulator
That 10GB doesn't include the future DLC.... Eeek! My old 40GB PS3 was running out of space. Thank God I have a 120GB now.
You can open it up and put any 5400/7200rpm 2.5 inch SATA HD in it anyway, up 750GB I think
I knew that, but the disc reader went kaput.
Ok, just watched some videos comparing noises of DFGT and Momo, and i gotta say that it seems quiter.... so i guess i'll buy it, i've found it for less then 70 euros.. the only problem is switching from those perfect flappy pedals on Momo, to 'that'..
The DFGT is quieter than the Driving force. The G25 is slightly quieter than the DFGT, but not by much, but the G27 is the best here due to the new gears

Some new tibits - translated, so reads a bit funny

http://psnow.es/index.php/avances/articulo/2526/
Quote :To top it off , on PSN ! had the opportunity to obtain two unknown data so far. The first, damage cars are not kept in every race , so there will not be repaired . The other data is relative to the slipstream , a problem recognized by the whole community Gran Turismo around the world. We have learned that the slipstream of GT5 Prologue has absolutely nothing to do with that we will see GT5. For the real game , the effect of the hole will be identical to that experienced in reality. We may choose to exaggerate the effect by creating options for courses online, but we can confirm that the tow has been redesigned and will offer behavior in line with reality.

http://blog.de.playstation.com ... etails-zu-gran-turismo-5/

Quote :Will there be weather effects ?

Yes, it is both weather effects such as rain, as well as provide different times of day.

Will there be a LAN - mode?
The answer was hesitant at first , but a LAN mode was not confirmed, but not be totally excluded .

If rain is in, then I assume it's something they've only recently, or are still currently, implementing into the game, right?

There has been quite a bit of gameplay footage, with new features such as day to night transitions, but I have yet to see any rain. I am interested to see how GT5 does the rain. The rain looks pretty realistic in WIP shots of Codies F1 2010, and with Kaz being a so-called 'perfectionist', it will be exciting to see how good/realistic the rain and other weather effects look visually and how they will affect the driving.
In one of the videos from Gamescom, there are wet tyres in the tyre options

and you can see it in the track maker screens on the mid right - clouds with water drops
http://www.gran-turismo.com/c/ ... /images/9668/photo05a.jpg

They haven't revealed everything yet. Might see more at TGS in a few weeks time

Oh yeah - 1 thing that caught my eye in one of the above articles
Quote :Another point worth mentioning as a novelty, is the inclusion of karts, which are also proposed as Yamauchi as the ideal way to start for both beginners and for people who want to achieve total mastery of the game. We have seen up to 32 karts competing in a race. Physics has been recreated exclusively for these cars , and was a key factor in development , both for its importance as involved a detailed study of it. Out of curiosity, I will say that the karts were designed to GT6But then the team decided to include them in Gran Turismo 5.

Well I've never seen it being actually used, that's what I was saying. Not doubting your source or anything, just interested to see it while driving and how it stacks up to Codies wet weather and rain.
Ferrari on 24 Hour Nurb course, Pro mode, but with preset aids on.

Watch the AI Corvette ZR1 overtake the player at 3:19, and then oversteer on it's own and smoke up the tyres
A first for a GT game!
http://www.vandal.net/video/13 ... -norschfield-vandal-tv-gc
You know, I'm really starting to think you just registered here so you can spam this thread when every new pic/vid or info comes out...

You dont have to post everything...
Quote from DevilDare :You know, I'm really starting to think you just registered here so you can spam this thread when every new pic/vid or info comes out...

The fact he is posting everything he discovers is because it is usefull to those of us that actually "give a shit". People like you posting your useless and totally unnecessary bullshit ruin threads like this and inevitably ending in totally pointless arguments.
Quote from DevilDare :You know, I'm really starting to think you just registered here so you can spam this thread when every new pic/vid or info comes out...

What the hell are you talking about? Some people are actually intrested in every new info that comes out, don't be jelaous if you broke your last piggy bank for an xbox
Quote from 91mason91 :The fact he is posting everything he discovers is because it is usefull to those of us that actually "give a shit". People like you posting your useless and totally unnecessary bullshit ruin threads like this and inevitably ending in totally pointless arguments.

YOur bullshit ruins threads talking about his bullshit!
Yeah, if you are interested in this, you will find all the info yourself as soon as it hits the internet... When I'm interested in something I actually follow it, and not rely on others...

And jealous? 360 is fine and running as new. (Although Microsoft can still suck my balls. Raising "Live" subscription prices...) And if I really feel like playing GT5, I'll just get a PS3. Not a huge problem...

Quote from 91mason91 :The fact he is posting everything he discovers is because it is usefull to those of us that actually "give a shit". People like you posting your useless and totally unnecessary bullshit ruin threads like this and inevitably ending in totally pointless arguments.

Someone got butt-hurt from another thread. Its ok. You can cry on my shoulder.
Quote from Boris Lozac :What the hell are you talking about? Some people are actually intrested in every new info that comes out, don't be jelaous if you broke your last piggy bank for an xbox

Yeah... So true... I'm broke anyways, even without an XBOX and its marvelous FM3, nor do I have a PS3. This is why LFS needs to come out with its new patch; to keep the poor me, entertained.

Just another excuse for me to bitch and complain so that I can get my hands on Scirocco
im fine with coolj, i like that he care and put everything down.

wtf? Have you even watched the video? That is a really nice find of him, and it´s nice that he did post it.
Lol, so much frustration in this thread.
I am very grateful to CoolColJ for keeping this thread updated frequently with new bits of info, rumoured or confirmed. It saves me from having to make trips onto GTPlanet I don't know what you're complaining about really DevilDare. What did you expect? It's a thread about a game that is so eagerly anticipated and has been for such a long time. Part of the reason for a forum is to spread a word around and share info. The same thing happened in the Forza thread before the game was released, just not by only one person, but quite a few people chipping in with bits of information. I don't remember seeing you complaining then.

Thanks again CoolColJ

Just pre-ordered from Amazon! Looking forward to November 3rd
yay gills! you me and coolj will camp outside your house waiting for it!
To be honest I probably won't be playing as often as I did when I was younger with the original GT and GT3 on the PS2, because whenever I am racing it is usually on iRacing. By the time GT5 is released iRacing will have a lot more like the Williams F1 car and maybe Spa, which means I'll probably be on iRacing a lot! Still look forward to less serious racing on GT5 though, with so many cars and detailed tracks etc
Pre-ordered the GT5 Signature Edition!

Now I need a PS3...
Quote from Equinox :
Now I need a PS3...

Me too (despite some earlier comments by myself ).

Only question is when to buy?

Anyone got any advice on whether now is a good time to buy, which, and where from?
There's probably going to be a bundle. I'll get that.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG