The online racing simulator
Swine Flu
(478 posts, started )
i've just been diagnosed as having the blody thing. luckily doesnt seem to be to bad and am escaoping the tamiflu treatment but have been given a shoping list of treatments to get, apparently you treat each sympton seperately so its pain killers, cough mixture, nasal spray etc etc.

good news is once the symptons are gone, your clear go back to work without worrying about infecting anyone
Have fun at home tinvek!
Sister just had it, now my mum has it... I'm next
Quote from DSElement :Sister just had it, now my mum has it... I'm next

look on bright side, they say it's only really dangerous for one in three........... ah i can see a problem
Why so many british cases? What's wrong with you people, you really have to travel to every neverland on your holidays? You're all over the place... Now i'm going to Zakhintos (Greek island) which is known to be "british" island.. and now i have like 50 % chance of getting that bloody thing. Not to mention your attitude when you're on Holidays, is it really that booring in UK so you're like let off the chain when on holidays?
The UK isn't that boring, listening to you however, is.
Quote from shaun463 :I was showing symptoms but I just had a normal flu (lucky me!).

I don't think they are that different, tbh.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Why so many british cases? What's wrong with you people, you really have to travel to every neverland on your holidays? You're all over the place... Now i'm going to Zakhintos (Greek island) which is known to be "british" island.. and now i have like 50 % chance of getting that bloody thing. Not to mention your attitude when you're on Holidays, is it really that booring in UK so you're like let off the chain when on holidays?

They're not any different at home tbh.
Quote from tinvek :look on bright side, they say it's only really dangerous for one in three........... ah i can see a problem

This means there's a 100% chance I'm going to die...
Quote from DSElement :This means there's a 100% chance I'm going to die...

And if you don't it means Swine Flu is 100% bullshit.
Quote from BlueFlame :And if you don't it means Swine Flu is 100% bullshit.

shouldn't that be pigshit ?
Quote from BlueFlame :And if you don't it means Swine Flu is 100% bullshit.

When you have it! You'll shit brix!
god damit, swine flu has come to finland now also..
Quote from Blas89 :When you have it! You'll shit brix!

No, if I had it, I wouldn't know, because I'm not going to the doctors or hospitals about something stupid just to get infected with a hooping cough.
Pig Cold only really seems to get ya if you have a weakened immune system, so if you're perfectly healthy there is no cause for concern.

It looks a bit pathetic relative to other kinds of flu. It would be interesting to see the stats for weekly cases/deaths from other kinds of flu which don't make the news.
Quote from 5haz :Pig Cold only really seems to get ya if you have a weakened immune system, so if you're perfectly healthy there is no cause for concern.

seems about right, i've certainly felt worse in the past. biggest pain is this business about staying off work till the cough / sneezing / runny nose pass... i know it sounds odd but i'd prefer to be in work if i felt up to it
Quote from tinvek :seems about right, i've certainly felt worse in the past. biggest pain is this business about staying off work till the cough / sneezing / runny nose pass... i know it sounds odd but i'd prefer to be in work if i felt up to it

It sounds perfectly normal to me, when you don't have a job you end up wandering the week days with nothing to do, it's really annoying.
#443 - Zay
luckily,school is out,so its not going to progress as welll
Small bump lol..

Well, i heven't been to the docs or anything yet, but i personally feel like total shite ATM, waaaay worse than any cold or chest infection that i have ever had, i have been sweating my head off today, feel totally drained like i havent slept for days, all of me aches, and my nose and throat are on fire, not sure if i have a temperature or not, but if i breath on my own hand it feels really hot.

But, my appetite isn't affected, as i just ate 4x sausages and a pretty much full fryer full of chips with loads of gravy for my tea, although not surprisingly, i am feeling slightly bloated now!

Is this significant cause to be worried?? as i stayed at work because there was a lot to be getting on with, despite feeling progressively wosre throughout the day.

I just kept having loads of hot drinks, cough sweets and painkillers which got me through, so its not as if i am half dead cant get out of bed kind of ill, i can still do my job, just maybe a little more sluggishly and with a lack of enthusiasm compared to usual, so maybe it is just a really bad cold.

I know that if i take notice of the signs plastered all over the walls at work then i should probably stay home and hide for a week with some nice tamiflu tablets, but i really can't afford to lose at least 3 days money TBH, because where i work, if you aint there, you don't get paid, and statutory sick pay rate is just so i think i'll take my chances for the moment, that is unless i get to the point where i cant move.
think the most shocking thing to come out of the media's reports of Swine Flu is what the Daily Mail pulled a couple of weeks back, reporting that a 'previously healthy 6-year old girl died of Swine Flu after being misdiagnosed with tonsilitus'. Only later in the week did the coroners report conclude that she hadn't died of Swine Flu, but septic shock as a result of.....tonsilitus. The Daily Mail didn't see fit to widely report this, shovelling it back to paragraph 20 of the third page of their report on swine flu that day.
Quote from mookie427 :think the most shocking thing to come out of the media's reports of Swine Flu is what the Daily Mail pulled a couple of weeks back, reporting that a 'previously healthy 6-year old girl died of Swine Flu after being misdiagnosed with tonsilitus'. Only later in the week did the coroners report conclude that she hadn't died of Swine Flu, but septic shock as a result of.....tonsilitus. The Daily Mail didn't see fit to widely report this, shovelling it back to paragraph 20 of the third page of their report on swine flu that day.

this is the same daily mail that in the last month has reported that coffee can cause cancer and that coffee can cure cancer !!
Quote from tinvek :this is the same daily mail that in the last month has reported that coffee can cause cancer and that coffee can cure cancer !!

LOL that's unbiased reporting for you.
#450 - STF
Bump. Clickety.

Watch it, judge it. "Wake up" and discuss. Truth or tale?

Swine Flu
(478 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG