The online racing simulator
Swine Flu
(478 posts, started )
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Oh no, it's been out of the media and off the forums for a few weeks, must bring it back!1!11one!1

Huh? My post shows new news of it in the media. I often check my local news online and saw that so I thought I would post it because it is relevant to this thread. So sorry if you do not approve.
Which is my point. Can't just forget about it can they.. you obv got out on the wrong side of bed again.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Which is my point. Can't just forget about it can they.. you obv got out on the wrong side of bed again.

No, not at all, it's just that your post seemed to be accusing me of bringing back all the swine flu business rather than the media. Wasn't really very clear. I apologise for jumping to conclusions if you didn't mean me.

To be fair, it is just the local news, and as local news goes it is quite big news, so you can't really blame the media for turning attention towards it since the Swine Flu is globally recognised and has now been confirmed in Kent. You can't really blame them for reporting it.
Aids is globally recognised, I don't see them reporting every new outbreak of that in Skegness, do you? Besides, normal flu probably kills more people EVERY DAY than this Swine Flu has done since it was discovered..

It's not "news", it's just mongering and racism, bollocks and prejudice, gossip and crap that's legally allowed to be sold to the masses.
Just lol S14.
Guessing you don't read British Newspapers much then?
Guess you don't read Mexicans newspapers either, it's the same everywhere. See, here we have this drug stuff problems, the media talks about that everyday, every minute, month, year... It's a part of it, when something new comes out, the media will try to talk about it all the time because thats their bussiness, it's the way they make money, they want it as much as you and me want it.

Just don't rage about stuff like that, it's not worth it. We all know that AIDS, flu, even donkeys kill people, but meh thats too common now.

Well, I'm just saying.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Guessing you don't read British Newspapers much then?

I have said before it was just -> LOCAL NEWS <- !!!!!!

If something like this hits a very small area then the people in that community are going to want to know about it. All I was doing was contributing the news to this thread because that is what this thread is bloody well for!
What you do not know cannot hurt you.

Quote from Blas89 :Guess you don't read Mexicans newspapers either, it's the same everywhere. See, here we have this drug stuff problems, the media talks about that everyday, every minute, month, year... It's a part of it, when something new comes out, the media will try to talk about it all the time because thats their bussiness, it's the way they make money, they want it as much as you and me want it.

Just don't rage about stuff like that, it's not worth it. We all know that AIDS, flu, even donkeys kill people, but meh thats too common now.

Well, I'm just saying.

Yes mate I know what you're saying. I just it when a (frankly, let's face it, very few have died) minor outbreak of piggy sniffles is turned into a worldwide media frenzy... and then JUST as it's been out of the news for a few weeks, some blasted newspaper brings it back up.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :What you do not know cannot hurt you.

Yes mate I know what you're saying. I just it when a (frankly, let's face it, very few have died) minor outbreak of piggy sniffles is turned into a worldwide media frenzy... and then JUST as it's been out of the news for a few weeks, some blasted newspaper brings it back up.

Once again, it was simply in the local news because the first case of Swine Flu in the area has been found and confirmed. What is the point in having this thread if you can't even post swine flu related things in it.
You can, but then again, so am I! works both ways. If swine flu came to Berkshire I wouldn't even raise an eyebrow because it doesn'ttt matttterrrr
Exactly, it doesn't matter. So stop making such a fuss.

And sure, it works both ways, but atleast I am contributing something relevant to the thread rather than just moaning.
I contributed to the thread. I mentioned swine flu, I don't think anyone gives more of a shit that Swine Flu arrived in Kent than they do that I hate the media for promoting such scare-mongering.
There is still quite a huge difference to be honest. I came here to post something related to the thread discussion, you came here looking for an argument. You are going to deny it of course. Oh well.
Gills4Life, Thank you for your post, I am very glad you posted it, having 2 young children at school, its always good to have local info.

S14 Please, try to count to 10 slowly before you post in such a pugnatious way, just because you believe you are right doesn't always mean you are, and arguing for the sake of it, just bloats up the forum and makes you look less mature than you probably are.

SD.
Kay I'll count to 10 dave srry.

Excuse me but when I get a gobful from mister mighty mouth on MSN it sort of puts you off for a few hours.. just a bee in my bonnet which has since been squished.

And honestly I don't always think I'm right. I just argue with "certain" people because certain people deserve it. Obv if it was you or someone else I'd try to be more considerate.
I get called "mister mighty mouth" even though I was the one who deleted you off of my msn list because you would not stop bickering with me or calling me names or just making accusations that are not even close to the truth. Calling me names or this new one, mister mighty mouth, just because I do not always agree with your opinion, is really really pathetic.

Back on topic:
No worries Dave, it's just news related to the thread! It still took me by surprise because last time I heard of Swine Flu it was all the way up in Scotland and now weeks later it's right on my (and your) doorstep!
well ur the one that messages him first cause ive been round his house when you've done it
-
(Sandisck) DELETED by Sandisck : old
Stop dragging your MSN kiddy arguements onto the forum. :rolleyes:
Quote from zeugnimod :Stop dragging your MSN kiddy arguements onto the forum. :rolleyes:

Agreed, it's just hard not to retaliate to someone who is spreading bs around the forum.

I think Swine Flu could potentially be quite dangerous. It has been said that more people haved died of normal flu. Well yeah, of course, Swine Flu did not even exist until a couple of months ago. I am not very worried about it. I just think that it COULD be a real problem if we are not careful about it.
-
(Sandisck) DELETED by Sandisck : old
@Sandisck: 7 days IIRC...

Thats the real issue, mutation, cientist don't know how it is going to mutate, when, where or why. If you read about the 1918 influenza (I read almost all the Wikipedia article) you'll notice that the second spike (graphics subject) was bigger because it mutated somewhere on France, so... we don't know anything yet, it could disappear but we can't be sure
Quote from Blas89 :@Sandisck: 7 days IIRC...

Thats the real issue, mutation, cientist don't know how it is going to mutate, when, where or why. If you read about the 1918 influenza (I read almost all the Wikipedia article) you'll notice that the second spike (graphics subject) was bigger because it mutated somewhere on France, so... we don't know anything yet, it could disappear but we can't be sure

Blasted French!
Swine flu still very much alive then, and in Kent? Eeek lets hope it dosen't get across the river.

And S14, doood, why you going round making enemies with everyone suddenly?
Well, Swine Flu arrived to Estonia too,about a week and a half back,or so.Luckly, very few people are infected.I'm not.
Swine flue has been reported in Norway, but not many that are affected by it. Media has also stopped writing about it when they realized that it was just an ordinary flu.

Swine Flu
(478 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG