The online racing simulator
Swine Flu
(478 posts, started )
Quote from The Very End :Worth mention the one that died outside Mexigo was a child at age of 2. Sad as it is, it seems to be pretty similar to the flu's. Even if young people gets sick it's still the kids and old that are in most danger.

exactly. Sad as it is that people die from this lets not forget regular flu kills thousands every year
Quote from The Very End :Worth mention the one that died outside Mexigo was a child at age of 2. Sad as it is, it seems to be pretty similar to the flu's. Even if young people gets sick it's still the kids and old that are in most danger.

Just goes to show the misinformation thats around.

It turns out the 2 year old was transported across the border from Mexico to get treatment.
Quote from danowat :Just goes to show the misinformation thats around.

It turns out the 2 year old was transported across the border from Mexico to get treatment.

So it was from or in Mexico? I knew Mexico was not a wealthy country, but are they really that piss poor? I mean, it seems they are basically ****ed down there now... sorry language but when everyone else manages, why does Mexico horrible fails in this?
Do they lack medicine? Hygiene? Both? What?
Without any disrespect to any Mexicans (and I know there are a few on here), in terms of national health service it could be considered a third world nation.

Also, many of the cities and very tightly packed, with a lot of people, also polution is very high too.
LoL We ARE a third world country, theres no doubt of that, if anyone feels bad because you said that, well, their brain is so closed...
There's a reason they say "don't drink the water in Mexico" you know...

Mexico has a lack of medical personnel, medical facilities (hospitals, clinics) and a lack of drugs. It also has a few very crowded population centres, so it's very susceptible to a contagious disease spreading.
Quote from amp88 :There's a reason they say "don't drink the water in Mexico" you know...

The reason for that is not because the water is "dirty". It's because the "western stomache" isn't used to the stuff that's in there (bacteria i suppose). It's the same with ice cream, raw meat, etc. But it's not because something would be wrong with the food.

It's the same if you visit other countries like Thailand for example.

Has nothing to do with hygene.
The water thing is bullshit in my opinion, I've never got sick because of the water and Oh Boy I've drank water on some ranchs where it is taken out from the RIVER, raw water... Problem is your weak stomach and inmune system, as jibber says.

I know people from other countries that havent got sick because of the water
Its because their water isn't pumped full of crap like our water is.
6. epic swine flu 417844 April 29, 2009

High scores for pandemicII...classic
I wonder how long the media in this country will continue propagating the 'we're all gonna die from killer flu' line of reporting. Yes, 5 people have now contracted the swine flu (more than doubled OMG), and the WHO's pandemic threat level rose 'dramatically' from 3 to 4, but the 5 in this country that have been infected all recently returned from Mexico, or were in close contact to people who had returned and are all displaying mild symptoms of flu. As long as people have access to adequate healthcare and they don't fall into the 'high-risk' category for normal flu (elderly/infirm and the very young) they will not be killed by it.There is no way (at then moment) to catch this flu unless you have been to Mexico and unluckily got it, or have been in close proximity to someone who has been exposed to it. The way the media in this country jumps on a scare story like this is actually scary in itself. All we need to do is contain those that test positive for it, let Mexico do it's own thing to combat the spread (seems like they;re doing a pretty good job at the moment) and we shouldn't be scared by the ever-paranoid media reporting yet another end of the world scenario
Quote from jibber :The reason for that is not because the water is "dirty". It's because the "western stomache" isn't used to the stuff that's in there (bacteria i suppose). It's the same with ice cream, raw meat, etc. But it's not because something would be wrong with the food.

It's the same if you visit other countries like Thailand for example.

Has nothing to do with hygene.

It was obviously meant as a sarcastic comment.
Quote from amp88 :It was obviously meant as a sarcastic comment.

My sarcasm detector was malfunctioning...
Meh, level 5 of 6 in the emergency scale.
Quote from amp88 :There's a reason they say "don't drink the water in Mexico" you know...

Mexico has a lack of medical personnel, medical facilities (hospitals, clinics) and a lack of drugs. It also has a few very crowded population centres, so it's very susceptible to a contagious disease spreading.

PUBLIC Medical shit, private ones in big cities are some of the best of latinamerica
I have swine flu atm, or it might be man flu. Both are as bad as each other
Viva la Mehico.

AIDS kills more than this but it's not on the news every ****ing day. Flu in old grannies probably kills more every day but again, not on news.

I hate media.
New symptoms unveiled!
Attached images
swineflu.jpg
#146 - Zay
Quote from jibber :If you consult the federal office of public health in switzerland, they will tell you it's still ok to travel to mexico. Maybe not the smartest thing, but they say you can still go there.

ya no,there saying only go if u absolutely NEED to,like something majorly important.and im freaked cuz the first cases r comin into ontario can where i live
#147 - Zay
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Viva la Mehico.

AIDS kills more than this but it's not on the news every ****ing day. Flu in old grannies probably kills more every day but again, not on news.

I hate media.

lol nice
Quote from mookie427 :I wonder how long the media in this country will continue propagating the 'we're all gonna die from killer flu' line of reporting. Yes, 5 people have now contracted the swine flu (more than doubled OMG), and the WHO's pandemic threat level rose 'dramatically' from 3 to 4, but the 5 in this country that have been infected all recently returned from Mexico, or were in close contact to people who had returned and are all displaying mild symptoms of flu. As long as people have access to adequate healthcare and they don't fall into the 'high-risk' category for normal flu (elderly/infirm and the very young) they will not be killed by it.There is no way (at then moment) to catch this flu unless you have been to Mexico and unluckily got it, or have been in close proximity to someone who has been exposed to it. The way the media in this country jumps on a scare story like this is actually scary in itself. All we need to do is contain those that test positive for it, let Mexico do it's own thing to combat the spread (seems like they;re doing a pretty good job at the moment) and we shouldn't be scared by the ever-paranoid media reporting yet another end of the world scenario

eh...it's spread all over the world now. ever continent has several cases, so it isn't just a mexican problem.

Secondary swine flu may not be as lethal as SARS, but flu mutates, and nobody knows how lethal it will be, maybe in the end only a few hundred people will die, but there's also a worst case scenario that would kill millions.

I don't think it is over reacting, first you better be safe and sorry, second if you have studied the pattern of a epidemic, if a few cases emerged locallly, and the carrier has been travelling freely within the community for two or three days, you already have over a thousand potential carrier, and it just multiplies.

It's not the media, the media doesn't make up the alert levels, and if you think the Mexicans are doing a good job, then why does it now spread all over the world? The original carrier has been misdiagnosed as suffering from a cold and they have missed the key initial period of containment.
Btw, what are the symptoms for swine flu?

Also, i think that i saw few posts here where people say that 5+ have died. Anyways, i was in lfs and my tv next to my monitor - the news told me that only few people have died, 2 year old and somekinda other what wasnt described that much or something.
Your right there, outside Mexico there is only one confirmed dead by the Swine flu. Was a 2 year old kid.
Symptoms are pain in the body generally, headpain and caughting. From what I understand it's BIG pains. not ordinary flu pains we're talking about. So if you get it it's probally going to be some of the most painfull things you have encountered.

Most people that thinks they have gotten Swine flu probally just has ordinary flu, or other things that seems to be the same. Body pains everyone has from time to time, regardless if you are sick or not. You shal not go around trying to feel pain in your body, when you are sick it will hurt like hell and not to be mistaken.

Swine Flu
(478 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG