The online racing simulator
Swine Flu
(478 posts, started )
Quote from chanoman315 :Some european goverments arent allowing tourists or busiess man from europe to return, sadly europe has te flu too so doesbt matter if you lock mexico

as long as the people in the affected countries are vigilant it will go some way to stamping it out. Then we deal with Mexico
Mexico city is beeing locked down now
I get a flu vaccine because I have asthma. My whole arm puffed up because of it this year instead of how it normally just bleeds and heals!
I think I've never washed my hands so bad in my life , "15 seconds with a lot of soap and water, don't touch your eyes, nose or mouth without washing your hands..."
Is it lethal?
Quote from G!NhO :Is it lethal?

How can 150+ people have died if it wasn't lethal?

EDIT: Oh wait - fatal != deadly...?

English confuses me
I don't know, haven't read the article.
Latest news tells the amounts of infected people in Mexico are aprox 2500. Still, the number of deaths that has been confirmed due to Swine Flu has been down adjusted to 7.
So, basically this flu seems to be as any other flu in regard of death ratio. New with it is as people say, that it's transfered from human to human and very agressive. Other than that I don't think there should be any need to take this as a world thread. Sure, it's dangerous by all means, but so far 7 out of 2500 (aprox) has died from it, while the others has gotten a normal, but hard flu.
The danger is that it's not the flu that will kill you, but the complications resulting from it such as pneumonia. Also those most at risk in Mexico seem to be from the slums and areas were health care is at its lowest. Those lucky enough to be in the a nation with a decent heath care structure really have little to worry about.

I only caught a bit of this on the radio last night, but the last time this variant did the rounds back in the 1980’s there was a case found in Fort Dixon in the states, as a result the whole Fort was tested and out of the 500+ stationed there, only 8 were ill due to the Flu, the rest had either caught it and developed the antibodies to it or already had the antibodies and had combated the virus.

At the end of the day if you catch it, and it’s a likely case that you will, treat it like any other Flu; don’t go into work, stay indoors, put on the Band of Brothers box set that you got for Christmas 5 years ago and get a decent supply of “Mackies Flu survival kit”*. Under no circumstances should you rely on BBC new 24, sky news or any newspapers to give balanced information.

Remember it could be worse……it could be a pandemic of the dreaded Man-Flu

*Kit must include chicken soup, paracetomels, at least 3x 2Ltr bottles of Irn-Bru (if no Irn-Bru, Lucozade is a decent alternative), a box set of action/weepy movies (delete according to sex/preference)
Best advice ever

I think that's the best way is to let the boy "fix" itself. If we take medicine for everything we eventually break down our own immune defence, it needs to be challenged and tested every now and then, if it's given the easy way it will shut down eventually

So, if you get it, enjoy your time home. Flu is shit, it hurts and can be dangerous if you go against the advices to take it easy. So, be home, watch movies, sleep a lot, drink alot, eat alot and you'll be fine.
(of course I am not saying this works for everyone, but I advice people to not take medicine unless you really feel your body is going to give up on ya).
Was looking around the web today, and apart from the usual OTT panic measures being taken…for example Arnold Schwarzenegger (sp?) who declared a state of emergency, yet says do not be alarmed…I saw an absolute classic on the BBC ‘Your Say’ in where a vegetarian was gloating how they would be immune from the Swine Flue has they haven’t eaten pork for over 10 years….… I’m not a malice man, but I do hope he gets the sniffles now, just so he can take a good hard look at himself.

The best though has come from a mate of mine who said this morning

“I really hope there's some big story that's about to break, because this is getting ridiculous. I sneezed this morning and thought to myself "heh, I wonder if I have swine flu.... maybe I do". I wanted to punch myself in the face for being so f******g stupid.”

Another was from a lassie at work, who has gone a bit quite recently. I asked out of politeness, and a shallow attempt to gain kudos and a phone number, what was wrong…..her reply

yeah its just you were in Airdrie on Saturday, so y'know

Sweet Jesus
First death outside Mexico reported, now it gets interesting...........
I just got an email here at work, addressed to all employees... saying that all business trips to mexico are cancelled for the next two weeks.
Quote from jibber :I just got an email here at work, addressed to all employees... saying that all business trips to mexico are cancelled for the next two weeks.

LMAO, no shit sherlock!!!!.

What happens after two weeks?, we will all be dead by then?
Quote from danowat :LMAO, no shit sherlock!!!!.

What happens after two weeks?, we will all be dead by then?

If you consult the federal office of public health in switzerland, they will tell you it's still ok to travel to mexico. Maybe not the smartest thing, but they say you can still go there.
I just had a big LOL at the news here.

Said in a deep forboding voice.

"While here in the UK, the number of people confirmed with swine flu has reached.............5" LMFAO
Swine flu? Just take some Oinkment!
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Swine flu? Just take some Oinkment!

I've just been on the phone to the NHS Helpline to find out what sort, but all I'm getting is crackling.
Worth mention the one that died outside Mexigo was a child at age of 2. Sad as it is, it seems to be pretty similar to the flu's. Even if young people gets sick it's still the kids and old that are in most danger.

Swine Flu
(478 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG