The online racing simulator
Swine Flu
(478 posts, started )
Quote from Crashgate3 :I hope it's not a serious as Bird-Flu - that pretty much made us extinct...

Lmao.....
Quote from Blas89 :Well my uni is damn mute, they didn't put any announcement on their web page, they didn't send us an email... Nothing, damn thing...

And to people making jokes, well just don't do it ... You should see whats going on in México city, it looks like Racoon City, movie kind, its LONELY like... lonely.

I have heard that Mexico City (the largest city in the world) is pretty much empty.

Is it an enforced thing?, or are they just recommending people stay at home?, are the military on the streets?
Quote from amp88 :What is the label on the Y axis here? Specific deaths per what? Per 100,000, or 1,000,000 or something else?

I don't know, but for this discussion it doesn't really matter. The point is that early observations indicate that the current flu outbreak shows pretty much the same tendency: a disproportionately high peak for young adults compared to normal flus.
Quote from danowat :I have heard that Mexico City (the largest city in the world) is pretty much empty.

Is it an enforced thing?, or are they just recommending people stay at home?, are the military on the streets?

Well everything is closed, Movie theaters, Zoo's, Museums, Parks... etc. Church is not working at all, the few football matches that took part on the weekend were played without people in the stadium (WITH PLAYERS!!, OKAY MR. MP3 ASTRA?... xD)... There were no people at tv shows...

It's not an enforced thing I guess, but no one's coming out...
Quote from Blas89 :Well everything is closed, Movie theaters, Zoo's, Museums, Parks... etc. Church is not working at all, the few football matches that took part on the weekend were played without people in the stadium (WITH PLAYERS!!, OKAY MR. MP3 ASTRA?... xD)... There were no people at tv shows...

It's not an enforced thing I guess, but no one's coming out...

I feel for you all over there, best stay inside and stay safe I guess.

At least we have information and advances in medical science on our side this time round.
Would people just learn to masturbate and leave the poor animals alone. First it was monkeys, then cows, followed by chickens and now this crap.
No school in México (The whole country), from tomorrow until may 6th.
As far as I know, people aren't dying directly from the flu, but from pneumonia caused by the flu. Im not going to worry about getting the swine flu, because I don't worry about getting human flu. I think governments, even in countries which don't have any suspected or confirmed cases should have a plan, ready to impliment if the flu reaches their country.

I think though that the main problem (as usual) is the press. Its great that they are rasing awareness, but I have seen local headlines such as "Killer Virus", which is just blowing it completely out of proportion. Yes, a few people have died, and im sorry to hear that, but it doesn't mean that the virus is 'killer'.
Quote from danowat :I have heard that Mexico City (the largest city in the world) is pretty much empty.

well since its small for 15million people i think there should be that kind of stuff, now the federal govrrment said that no classes in the whole country till 6 of may
Wow the news are basically talking only aboot this, it's getting rather annoying. We allegedly have like 30 cases in the whole country, but only 6 so far have been confirmed. In a 30 million people country, I don't really understand the problem. I think it's just one of those things that mostly kills already weakened people. For instance, young, old and already sick or sickness prone people might be at risk, but for a healthy person, there's probably no problem. Just like normal flu, which by the way kills about 500,000 people yearly (source CNN).

OooOoo!

/page claim!
Quote from dan12s :lucky person!
Apparently we are gunna get it here (i think thats what they said on the news)
Dan

omfrg i'm liek gonna die and shizz ahhhhh help meeeeeee anhhhhhhhhhhh
If the world was run by some of the people in this thread, we'd all have Swine Flu within a matter of weeks
By all accounts, it's a right pig of a cold.

I'll get my coat.
Quote from The Very End : Jesus titfuk christ it's going to be a zoo filled with apes that goes apeshit.

Im nearly crying at that, funny as fook! TVE wins this thread for the humour
You guys are actually underestimating (under-estimating?) the flu. Really. The H1N1 (the swine variation) is in fact a lot worse than the aviary flu. It can be transmitted through the air, while the other one required direct contact with an ill animal. That alone makes it very dangerous, especially in highly populated cities.

Also, for the people comparing it to regular flu, some relevant data:
the mortality rate for regular flu is 0.5%. The swine flu kills 6% of the infected people. That's quite high for an illness so easily transmitted.

Not trying to scare people here though more like adding stuff to the discussion
Quote from viluglio :It can be transmitted through the air, while the other one required direct contact with an ill animal. That alone makes it very dangerous, especially in highly populated cities.

regular flu is transmitted through the air. There was a health official guy from the UK on the BBC earlier this afternoon who basically stated that this flu is no more transmittable than regular flu and the media have whipped up a frenzy about swine flu being some sort of massive disaster

Quote :
Also, for the people comparing it to regular flu, some relevant data:
the mortality rate for regular flu is 0.5%. The swine flu kills 6% of the infected people. That's quite high for an illness so easily transmitted.

this swine flu is a new mutation of the flu virus, and all the people who have died did so by contracting pneumonia as a result of the flu. About 80% of the people who have died so far lived in the slums in Mexico and so had no proper access to healthcare. Basically, as long as you have access to adequate healthcare you'll be fine, no need to worry
WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE! ARGH! :scared:
#69 - 5haz
Swine Flu is this season's Bird Flu, the absolute must have fashion.
my teachers gave me permission to wear a military gas mask to school... lol
Ppl will run around like this ...
Flu isn't airborne, it requires contact with infected matter, i.e. someone sneezing on you, or something you later touch.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE! ARGH! :scared:

The question is only, when?

Quote from danowat :Flu isn't airborne, it requires contact with infected matter, i.e. someone sneezing on you, or something you later touch.

Yeah, you have to physically gets other's.. erhm fluid of what you would call it in your nose or mouth channels. Also, with close contact, like handshaking with people that got the flu you can get infected too.

Swine Flu
(478 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG