The online racing simulator
Swine Flu
(478 posts, started )
Quote from MAD3.0LT :MHR depends on alot of things if ur doing intense cardio u take 200 then - ur age and thats a safe heart rate for cardio/fitness building allso geting ur heart rate to high can cause cardiac arrest.

when i first started doing cardio again my MHR was around 175bpm and thats 2k at 11kph but after a few weeks i was able to sit on 193bpm at 18kph for 6k's

No no no no no no no, you are so very, very wrong.

You CANNOT increase your maximum heart rate, your maximum heart rate is the rate that your heart can achieve, but cannot exceed.

Saying your MHR was 175bpm when you started shows you just how wrong the calculation was.

Your heart rate can never go "too high", you will reach your maximum, and thats it, of course, having your heart rate at your maximum for too long isn't a good idea, but you'd probably hit your lactating threshold and physically not be able to do anymore before your heart packs in, unless you are obese or extremely unfit.

Your MHR does decrease with age, but everyones MHR is personal to them, and the theoretical calcs are a waste of time for the majority.

I have lost count of the amount of people who use HR based training and never found out their true MHR, any HR based training based on theoreticals is pointless.
Well its spread to Canada already as well. 6 cases so far.
4 on the east coast, and 2 on the west coast.
News going apeshit now, at least here in Norway.
=/
Quote from The Very End :News going apeshit now, at least here in Norway.
=/

Is it bad?

Because i havnt heard anything in the news (our country)
Not sure, it seems like the standar thing trying to scare the shit out of you. Someone in Spania that had tested positive for the virus, and the Danish and Swedish people is beeing tested. If it comes to Norway I guess I take the medicine, just to be sure

When this is said, every person outside Mexico that has been infected has been infected "mild". Meaning there's only in Mexico people yet has died.
It was on the news yesterday, but i'm not exactly worried about it.
Looks like it hasn't hit europe yet, so untill i hear otherwise, i call it bs.
I hope it's not a serious as Bird-Flu - that pretty much made us extinct...
Quote from Crashgate3 :I hope it's not a serious as Bird-Flu - that pretty much made us extinct...

Seriously, made a big smile on my face
To be fair, the fact that this flu is able to be spread from person to person, rather than only from direct contact with an infected animal (a la avarian flu), makes it a little more concerning.
Ok now newspapers whent all out, since a man in Norway now are beeing tested after having the symptons. Jesus titfuk christ it's going to be a zoo filled with apes that goes apeshit if this is a match for the virus.

LMAO, how fun wouldn't it be if Norway got erased, who cares anyway?
Norway who?
- Soon to be forgotten -
Quote from The Very End :Ok now newspapers whent all out, since a man in Norway now are beeing tested after having the symptons. Jesus titfuk christ it's going to be a zoo filled with apes that goes apeshit if this is a match for the virus.

LMAO, how fun wouldn't it be if Norway got erased, who cares anyway?

Doesn't everyone in Norway live in igloos, or little shacks on distant rocks, so they'd never be able to get near each other to pass it on anyway?
No you are wrong.

After the rising danger of a rebellion by the pollar bears we had to move our igloo's to higher grounds. We do now live in tree igloo's 50feets above the ground. Every kid at age of 8 gets courses in how to defend themself, and at age of 10 we get our own specially official approved gun as a token of indipended of the polar bears that tries to extinct us. The SS polar bear corporation has for decades sent out manipulated pictures to fool the world to belive they are harmless beeings at the brink of exctinction, all have been fooled. Soon the polar bears will rise up and claim the world as their own.
I really, really want to move to Norway now.
He's been drinking.............again..............
Not much else to do there, eh?
The interesting thing about the dozens of deaths in Mexico is that all of the victims were under 45 years old; and were seemingly healthy beforehand. It's surprising that despite the many other cases that have popped up around the world, nobody else seems to be dying. Is there more to come...?
I've seen this kind of behavior in many forums, people saying that this swine flu is like the avian flu, this is nothing like the like of avian flu, let me do some basic explaining, the flu virus is called Influenza virus, this virus has a wide variety of sub-species, some affect humans, some aquatic birds, others horses, the problem is that swines can get infected with lots of sub-species of Influenza, now this is what scientists all over the world were afraid that would happen with avian flu, that a swine would get infected with both the human and the avian flu thus creating a new hybrid that would be able to do a lot of harm as the avian flu and spread between humans by air, and this is what has just happened in some sort of degree.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :The interesting thing about the dozens of deaths in Mexico is that all of the victims were under 45 years old; and were seemingly healthy beforehand. It's surprising that despite the many other cases that have popped up around the world, nobody else seems to be dying. Is there more to come...?

Yep. It's in fact very similar to the Spanish flu, which struck the same demographic.

FYI the Spanish flu was also a variant of the pig flu.
Like I have been saying from the very beginning of the thread.

This strain of flu is NOTHING like avarian flu, simply because with avarian flu you need DIRECT contact with an infected bird, this strain of swine flu is transmited by person to person contact, which makes it all the more of a concern, and which is why is has spread so quickly.

I read that there are some specific geographical reasons (not sure what they are though) why people have died in Mexico, also, the deaths aren't from flu, they are from pnemonia that people develop while having this flu.
Quote from Gnomie :

What is the label on the Y axis here? Specific deaths per what? Per 100,000, or 1,000,000 or something else?
Well my uni is damn mute, they didn't put any announcement on their web page, they didn't send us an email... Nothing, damn thing...

And to people making jokes, well just don't do it ... You should see whats going on in México city, it looks like Racoon City, movie kind, its LONELY like... lonely.

Lets all go have a cup of tea, and wait for this to aaalllll blow over.

Swine Flu
(478 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG