The online racing simulator
Swine Flu
(478 posts, started )
Quote from DHRammstein :You guys don't get it, no offense, but come this FALL this could be serious. Right now, yes, you're right, it's not too serious. I really hope you people take this seriously, babies and the elderly may be in trouble in a few months, guess ya's don't care...

but also, come later this year, the drug companies will have had time to create more than enough vaccines and medication for us to get through relatively OK, so it's a moot point. Up until about June this year the companies focus on the regular flu vaccine, and after that they will be focusing on making enough swine flu vaccine which should arrive just in time for autumn
Quote from 5haz :Had a bit of a tantrum, as most of us do from time to time, still, a ban is a bit suprising, maybe something went on PM wise that we didn't see.

Guess that is the new trend, ban everything attitute.
Well, you don't know what happened 'behind the scenes', and if you give someone a big banhammer, it's natrual for them to want to flaunt it. :smash:

Anyway, the headlines on swine flu will dissapear pretty quickly as soon as something else comes along, probrably to do with Jade Goody.

I lmao'd a few days ago when somebody emailed into BBC news saying "We're all really scared, at school every time someone sneezes, there is major panic", sometimes I think the people writing in are just obviously taking the piss.
Quote from The Very End :What did he do?
Why is he banned?

Through PM's he was telling a moderator that he wasnt doing his job right.
And the human flu? Is it gone already so I can go partying on saturday?
Outside of Mexico there's been one reported, 19 inside Mexico AFAIK
And again, the one outside of Mexico was someone from inside of Mexico who left Mexico to be outside of Mexico for better help, but didn't make it.
I've got a sneezy runny nose, maybe I've got the swine flu
Me too, damn hay fever

I wonder how many people who have got hay fever for the first time in their life this year are shitting it thinking they have teh flue?
I get hay fever every year.. and I'm still shitting it! Nothing to do with the jalapeño and chili in the pizza..
#261 - STF
Since saturday i`m so very sick, runny nose, a little fever(38C/100F), head hurts badly, sweating, every muscle aches .. for the first time this year so bad, but it never crossed my mind that i may have contacted the swine flu .

And even if i`d get it.. somehow.. i`m strong enough to fight it down me thinks. If i`m not.. shiiiit , i`ll have to stop posting soon.
Id get yourself checked out then, as it sounds like there is a very very slim chance that it could be it, that is of course if this isnt a wind up, which on the face of how this thread has been recently, highly probable.
I already had what seemed like the flu a couple of months ago, it turned out to be a virus that was going round. Best to get yourself checked if you do have flu symptoms though.
Exactly, better to be safe than sorry. Even if you yourself arent really worried about possibly having it, you could well be infecting anybody you come into contact with if you do have it.
Just wash yer hands when you come back home every day and you'll be alright.

It's hand rails, on busses, stairs, trains that are covered in all kinds of crap.
Quote from STF :Since saturday i`m so very sick, runny nose, a little fever(38C/100F), head hurts badly, sweating, every muscle aches .. for the first time this year so bad, but it never crossed my mind that i may have contacted the swine flu .

And even if i`d get it.. somehow.. i`m strong enough to fight it down me thinks. If i`m not.. shiiiit , i`ll have to stop posting soon.

That seems like it dude, thats not a little fever. The stronger you are, the strongest it feels from what I know (Read Cytokine Storm on wiki).

Quote from 5haz :Just wash yer hands when you come back home every day and you'll be alright.

It's hand rails, on busses, stairs, trains that are covered in all kinds of crap.

Yeah my hands are smaller now... to much soap and water...
Quote from Blas89 :Yeah my hands are smaller now... to much soap and water...

Smaller? Are you sure that's soap? Sounds like battery acid to me.
LoL I was just joking xD
Flu related deaths are only in the developing countries. US only had like 1-3 but seriously the media bloated the news again making it feel like super flu. All those symptoms are from GUESS WHAT normal flu. And the media and those tarts at cdc stated that normal flu remedy also works go figure

EDIT: Isn't that like saying things and contradicting the same things a person said earlier?
Well as far as i know the swine flu is now officially called the H1N1 influenze virus. Im not too sure if thats just in Canada, but im sure its worldwide because of the pork farmers. I love my bacon, so i hope the pork farmers stay in buisness!
Quote from 1337sause :I love my bacon, so i hope the pork farmers stay in buisness!

I'll second that.
There's no problem with pork products, I ate pork today
And yeah its not swine flu anymore , WHO said it a few days ago.
Good to know im not the only one who loves their bacon!

There is nothing wrong with pork by the way. The name scares people because pigs are also known as swine and it was scaring people away from pork. The World Health Organization (WHO) says its safe to eat pork, but if people continue to be scared of it, they wont but any pork, and pig farmers will go out of buisness.
Quote from 1337sause :Good to know im not the only one who loves their bacon!

There is nothing wrong with pork by the way. The name scares people because pigs are also known as swine and it was scaring people away from pork. The World Health Organization (WHO) says its safe to eat pork, but if people continue to be scared of it, they wont but any pork, and pig farmers will go out of buisness.

To add to that, according to BBC radio 2, the reason why pork products are not affected is because the virus is killed at around 70-80 degrees c.
#275 - STF
@dan
If you`re asking am i making this up, no. What i said it`s true, but i don`t give it too much importance, since i`ve had worse over the years, and strangely besides the fever and all, i don`t feel so bad.

Sure, the head hurts, but it comes and goes. Muscles tend to hurt if i move alot, but they stop hurting if i keep doing movement.. like go for a drive, for a walk.. (it`s like after some enthusiastic gym practice after one month break, only that it`s not caused by any effort). It may be caused by some lack of sleep lately..
Right now i ain`t doing any movement so they don`t hurt at all lol.

Hell, i haven`t had a flu shot since 6-7 years ago.. and that was because i was almost forced to in school. That was also my first from what i can remember.

Meh, maybe you`re right, but what are the chances?

Swine Flu
(478 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG