The online racing simulator
Swine Flu
(478 posts, started )
Quote from 5haz :Swine flu still very much alive then, and in Kent? Eeek lets hope it dosen't get across the river.

If I manage to contract it, I shall deliver it to you personally to your door.
Quote from bunder9999 :i really wish work (a hospital) would stop calling it swine flu... it's H1N1. the WHO said so.

Quote from Gills4life :If I manage to contract it, I shall deliver it to you personally to your door.

Funny that, because a crazy black guy with a large afro just knocked on my door, he was selling DVDs though.

Meh, you changed yer avatar.
I would be far more fearful if Tim-nice-but-dim knocked on my door!
Amazing how the forum goes so off the op's subject, but I guess this is the ;off topic' section so...

Pie!
LilNukka
No longer welcome

Pies are unwelcome here!
Correct me if im wrong, but has'nt it only killed people in countrys that dont have such a strong national health service? For example, theres a fair few case's in the uk (3 in my hometown redditch) and yet no-one has died yet. One person that contracted it got interviewed by my local newspaper, to which she said "it feels no different to when i got normal flew. I've been given some medicine and i feel fine!".

I think its just countrys that dont have such a great health service are the one's that have people dying from this. As for me, i could'nt give 2 shit's about this "pandemic" (or so the media call it) and it has'nt worried me at all. The only time i'll get worried is if the virus get's advanced and does'nt react to treatment. If that happens, then im doing a lock-in on my house, and anyone who comes near my house is going to get a face full of my B425 rifle.
A fifth person in Kent is thought to have contracted swine flu – on the day a global swine flu pandemic was declared.
The sufferer is believed to come from east Kent, and is thought to have travelled in infected areas.
The news comes as The World Health Organisation raised the alert to pandemic level for the first time in 41 years.
A total of 27,000 people world-wide now have the H1N1 virus, but fewer than one per cent have died from it.
Here in the UK, 822 people have had or are suffering from the virus, in Kent five people have fallen ill with it – it is believed the most recent sufferer is someone from the east of the county.
Although a pandemic may sound alarming, Declan O’Neill, the assistant director of public health in West Kent says we shouldn’t be worried: "This is a technical statement issued by the WHO as to what the spread of this illness is in the world. It does not mean that it is any more virulent or nasty or causing more deaths, it just means it has spread technically beyond the first region."

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111!1!!1!!
Quote from Gil07 :WE'RE ALL GONNA DIEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111!1!!1!!

Try and do it quietly though!
Bring it on, I say.
Quote from Gil07 :WE'RE ALL GONNA DIEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111!1!!1!!

Yesh.
There's a ship floating about with infected people on... Loads.. And some of the passengers already left, so it's spreading.

I think this disease got a bit underrated tbh.
by the time of winter we all have this flu
A few kids from my school have been tested for swine flu, but no positive results yet. A school very near me, and one I almost went to, Ripon Grammar, has just reopened after someone caught swine flu and the school had to close for a few days.
There have been 2 deaths in Scotland due to Swine flu, a mother who had given just given birth and the baby.

Obviously it's tragic, but shows that it's nothing more than a slightly worse strain of the normal Flu, and if you are in the 'at danger' category then extra precaution would be advised. Also I hearing now that doctors are no longer testing for Swine flu, but just straight out diagnosing it straight away (at least in Scotland)
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Also I hearing now that doctors are no longer testing for Swine flu, but just straight out diagnosing it straight away (at least in Scotland)

I heard that too while listening to the radio. Apparently it is because so many people are now open to this disease(?) and they do not have enough equipment to test every single person.
#395 - Zay
do u guys know its now being considered an apendemic by the who(world health organization)??? Im cool with that though cuz schools might close
Someone at my college got swine flu, seems like its pretty safe so long as you get on the medication early.
me dad now thinks he has swine flu.....they're now advising anyone with symptoms even remotely like flu to take days off
*Calls work and tell 'em that I might got Swine Flu and most likely will be gone for a month*

Plot revealed!

Swine Flu
(478 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG