The online racing simulator
Quote from Speed Soro :Maybe it needs 10 times more

all is fine it need nothing .. i dont want lfs being like grid ok .. all is fine .. keep improving important things u.u
Quote from Speed Soro :Maybe it needs 10 times more

Yeah, so it can take 10 times more usage from the processor for each of the 32 cars in the race, right?

Soro, stop complaining about the game in a thread that doesn't even talk about this. Let Lynce work. GTR Evolution, rFactor, iRacing and every single racing game (simulator or not) do not have collision detection between the car tyres and the car body.

If you want to tell Lynce how awesome his work is (indeed it is), do it. But don't do it while saying "your work is amazing, but I still think this game sucks, Eric could of have dones a thousand times more polygons on the carz! it looks like a 90's game1!!11! I'm not point textures!". This is pure trolling.

By the way, I suggest you don't try to correct Lynce's writing, because if you can't write properly it's just ridiculous trying to correct someone else, and your correction could be wrong. At least you did it right on your trial.

Quote from Speed Soro :[...]please, don't take what I say so basically, I'm comparing it with 90's games, but I'm not saying that it is exactly like it. Of course it is a little better, and the wheels are 3d today. Does anyone have a screenshot of the XFG from the first release to compare it with today's XFG?

Actually, i'm with velociround on this. After all, that's what the ImprovementSuggestions section is for.
You should go there if you want to complain about ''graphical improvements''.
And if graphics really matter that much to you, LFS clearly isn't the right game/sim for you either.
Quote from Velociround :Yeah, so it can take 10 times more usage from the processor for each of the 32 cars in the race, right?

wrong
FFS just STFU and post in the improvement suggestion if the graphics issue bother you this much! God...
Quote from Stiggie :Actually, i'm with velociround on this. After all, that's what the ImprovementSuggestions section is for.
You should go there if you want to complain about ''graphical improvements''.
And if graphics really matter that much for you, LFS clearly isn't the right game/sim for you either.

Who does read that forum? I know that Scawen doesnt. He said that in a interview once.

But, if graphics doesnt matter for you or Velociround, and anyone here, what are you doing in this thread?

Could you explain me your reason?

Hmm...

Textures dos matter, polygons don't?

"Hey, great work Lynce, we love you, you are the man! Your textures are great. Keep working, but we don't give shi* for the graphics to be honest"

Hmmm... is that your point???
From now on, I'll translate all of my answers to you to portuguese so you can understand better, because you don't seem to understand a single word of what I say. Or maybe you don't want to understand.
De agora em diante, eu vou traduzir todas as minhas respostas a você para português para que você possa entender melhor, pois você parece não entender uma palavra do que eu digo. Ou talvez você não queira entender.

Quote from Speed Soro :Who does read that forum? I know that Scawen doesnt. He said that in a interview once.

I don't care. I read that forum. Post your so called "suggestions" in there.
Eu não ligo. Eu leio aquele fórum. Coloque suas tão referidas "sugestões" lá.

Quote from Speed Soro :But, if graphics doesnt matter for you or Velociround, and anyone here, what are you doing in this thread?

Could you explain me your reason?

Could you quote a message I posted in which I said that?
Você seria capaz de citar uma mensagem onde eu tenha dito isso?

Quote from Speed Soro :Hmm...

Textures dos matter, polygons don't?

"Hey, great work Lynce, we love you, you are the man! Your textures are great. Keep working, but we don't give shi* for the graphics to be honest"

Hmmm... is that your point???

Don't you think it is plain ridiculous saying that to someone whose signature is all about LFS graphics improvements (ENBSeries - me)?
Você não acha que é completamente ridíduclo falar isso para alguém cuja assinatura se trata somente de melhoras gráficas para LFS (ENBSeries - para mim)?

Soro, try to understand this: Lynce can't change car polygons. Posting about this here won't change anything, it only pisses off people who are trying to follow Lynce messages and his great work on textures.
Soro, tente entender isso: O Lynce não pode mudar os polígonos dos carros. Colocar mensagens sobre isso aqui não vai mudar nada, e irrita as pessoas que estão tentando seguir as mensagens do Lynce e seu belo trabalho nas texturas.

So, if you could please stop trolling here and on other non-related threads and topics, I'd be grateful
Então, se você pudesse por favor parar de postar trolling aqui e em outros tópicos e assuntos não relacionados, eu ficarei agradecido
Here it goes again...
Quote from Nitrous13270 :Here it goes again...

I'm quiet. This guy insist in chasing me around the world. I think he is in love...
Velociround,

Just ignore him, he will get bored and STFU soon.
You know guys, whats really said ??

You both are messing up someone else his thread doing his upmost best to make a nice add on. Stop winning and watch what the man will release.

@ speed soro : If you dont like the graphics of this game then dont bother. You propably missing the point of LFS. Its a community rather then a game. On what game you can find so many online servers and have a pickup race ?. So the graphics are outdated ?. Yup they are, but should that be for a reason ?. Indeed they used this kinda of graphics so people with low spec machines could run LFS. That has been said many times before. Nothing to complain about you knew this when you got the game. Plain and Simple. If you dont like it leave.

Sorry Lynce for hijacking your thread.
Don't worry. Nothing happens.

The Megapack will be finished soon.

Under 85% now.
Discussing in this wonderful thread, I cant seem to keep up with you guys anymore cause I cba to read all of the sheize you guys wrote. Lynce, keep up the best work. They look wonderful, everything you made till now are very good indeed.

Remember, you can't argue about tastes of other people's. There just no point doing it.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Discussing in this wonderful thread, I cant seem to keep up with you guys anymore cause I cba to read all of the sheize you guys wrote. Lynce, keep up the best work. They look wonderful, everything you made till now are very good indeed.

Remember, you can't argue about tastes of other people's. There just no point doing it.

Dude, no one here is criticizing the work of Lynce, or his person.
Rather, everyone is posting praise for their effort, the result will bring obvious benefits to low graphic content of this game.
What is discussed here is around of my attitude to criticize harshly the poor graphics of this game in relation to current times. I could not resist to voice (perhaps a little rude, I apologize sincerely for that), about the picture that Lynce was posted to show the texture of the tire. A profile completely truncated by the low rate of polygons and a blatant interference between bodywork and tire that jump to the eyes. An observer passing through forum will certainly notice the poor quality of the modeling, and my criticism, I would insist, is relevant.
But I agree that here is definitely not the best place to do it, but not because the theme of the topic would not absorve it, but simply because the prevailing intolerance. Actually, I could say that it was going well until the entry of Mr. Velociround in the subject, trying to go through some sort of moderator, what he definitely is not, and that even if he was, there would be no need to carry as he did. He has the habit of following me from other forums, always acting with cynical (does anyone doubt his cynical attitude?), and attacks against my freedom of expression. So I make it clear that at no time I'm criticizing the work of Lynce, neither have considered him to be responsible for the low quality graphics of the game. I will continue watching the topic, waiting for the day on April 7 with mild anxiety

And Lynce, yes, sorry for rape your topic, that was not the intention. Good work.
I really agree on the point that lfs models are so low-poly which makes the game so ugly. Take the lights of UF1 for example.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :I really agree on the point that lfs models are so low-poly which makes the game so ugly. Take the lights of UF1 for example.

But have in mind that UF1 model hasn't been changed for ages - same like RB4 etc (and I also read that (IIRC) UF1 model was created by Scawen himself). The recently upgraded models, like XFG, XRG, are more "high poly".

Also LFS isn't a screenshot generator and the main purpose is to create the best simulation of racing experience.
Flame, we understand perfectly that physics is a fundamental part of the simulation, but a simulator can not be done just that. The graphics part is also important to give the game immersion. We all want better graphics always, there are those who can not lie about it. Priorities? Yes, primarily, the focus should be given to the physical. But the graphics should not be forgotten. Remember also that physics is done by Scawen and graphics by Eric, so different people working on different things. Thus the work of one, should not interfere in the work of another, so there is no harm because the development of physical attack when the graphics, as they may go in parallel.
I agree that more polygons will consume more processing, but this issue is resolved for GPU, not causing degradation of performance of the CPU if you have a good graphics card. I prefer an approach more in the style of the team's former ex-Blimey (http://www.slightlymadstudios.com/about/): We are a passionate team united with the single vision of creating the most detailed and authentic products, providing the most immersive and enjoyable gameplay experiences possible.
And I believe that Scawen and the rest of the team has this vision too, they just don't have the structure to do all in the same short time.
Quote from Speed Soro :[a lot of trolling]

You must race with cockpit view, not with i-want-to-see-mine-bling-bling-car view.
Quote from Shadowww :[a lot of trolling]...You must race with cockpit view, not with i-want-to-see-mine-bling-bling-car view.

Could you be more educated? I'm not here disrespecting anyone, ok?

If I'm a troll (and I'm not) try to demonstrated your superiority above me, if you can, and start acting like an adult, ok?

And yes, I use to drive or with cockpit view or without body view, depending on the car.

Cars like formulas, I use to play with cockpit view, because they are next to the ground and give good sense of speed. Cars like XFG, I prefer to drive without body, because I can get best sense of speed, better peripheral vision, and best visualization of the display.

Oh come on... can't you keep the conversation civilized? Please?
Quote from Speed Soro :Could you be more educated? I'm not here disrespecting anyone, ok?

Really?
Quote from Speed Soro :If I'm a troll (and I'm not) try to demonstrated your superiority above me, if you can, and start acting like an adult, ok?

You are, ok?
Quote from Speed Soro :And yes, I use to drive or with cockpit view or without body view, depending on the car.

That's very realistic, ok?
Quote from Speed Soro :Cars like XFG, I prefer to drive without body, because I can get best sense of speed, better peripheral vision, and best visualization of the display.

That's because you never drove car like XFG in real life.
Quote from Speed Soro :Oh come on... can't you keep the conversation civilized? Please?

I won't respond to your trolling any more, ok? Please?
Shadow, your trolling alot since you joined the S2 club xD. Give the guy a break, afterall he's quite longer here than you.
Quote from Flame CZE :
Also LFS isn't a screenshot generator

But in my humble opinion, I think I can improve the textures of this simulator. And, too, is posible improve the graphics and aesthetics the LFS improving the textures. Not too much but there a significant evidence of this improvement.

I do this work selflessly and use my skills to serve the community.

So if possible, please, I would like to see continue on the topic of this thread. Thank you very much.

Look at tyres and sidewall. This is an example. UNEDITED PICS:

Original LFS

Current LFS

Is posible that you don't believe that, but I encourage you to make a bet.

You will lose.

Cheers.
Quote from Stiggie :I agree. Actually, i liked them better in that first preview, where they were just grey.
However, i don't know if Lynce is going for realism with these ones. I think not.

I'm taking this back, amazing job! The tyre threads look amazing ánd real now, from that point of view.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG