The online racing simulator
Quote from David 96 :Are you joking?????

NO, sorry. Matter of taste. I think the author is open to critics. Everything can be improved.
Without critism this world would not be a good place to be...

When that is said, I enjoy the reflection, tho it might not be real, it looks great. And tbh, who cares if it looks that real, it's a game after all, and I going to use these reflections
Quote from Heiko1 :in the middle of the pic at the window of the FZ5 is there AA? cuz it loks a bit undetailed

Hmm,I didnt notice that before.Looks like the shadow cast by the roof,but its on the front guard aswell
Or it could be my ultra-low-res skin that i made a while back+cam angles

running Z10 with 8x AA & 16x AF
I have 3 installed versions of LFS...
(Z10,with high-res everything for vids & pics,with a little bug...see attached pic)
(Z original for hot laps)
(Z10 for on-line racing.......of coarse:tilt
Attached images
dfhgdfhfdhdh.jpg
Quote from Lynce :Not edited pics.

Here is mine in LFS Viewer and Scirocco:

/me is deliting blender because that looks like renderd! :jawdrop:
Amazing, very good job Lynce
cfg.txt > car shine 0.75
Attached images
enb2009_2_25_8_59_42.jpg
enb2009_2_25_8_58_20.jpg
enb2009_2_25_9_20_52.jpg
enb2009_2_25_9_8_34.jpg
Is it me or does it only work in Z and not in Z10?
Quote from G!NhO :Is it me or does it only work in Z and not in Z10?

It's working for me in Z10, and the reflections pack is just .dds (compressed images), so it should work in Z10 as well as older LFS patches too.
Are you copying the mod files to LFS\data\dds?
Yes, i also tried it in original Z patch and it did work there

strange
I'm glad seeing the people enjoy this addon.

A few words over incoming addon:

I'm working on improvement of this addon because this complement do not convince me enought. I'm looking photorealism and this is the base.

I can call "nice" addon but not realistic addon, because in some track this reflections do not convinced me.

In future, I will add two new addons.

One of them is going to be a Megapack. It is a joint work with a professional person. I say no more about it. I do not want to reveal the surprise.

Be ready soon and I hope you like it.

Patience, please.

Javier Ferreira.

Edit:

Current Addon._

The improvement (early test)._

Quote from Lynce :
The improvement (early test)._

uhmm Somebody please shoot me?

[opinion]
I don't like/really hate the blingbling Chromepaint looking reflections :P
I rather prefer the matte looking reflections on LFS database
[/opinion]

Still, very nice work you are doing for the LFS community

btw. Nice XR GT you've got there, can i have the mod? xD
It can look good with lower Car shine value.
Quote from Flame CZE :It can look good with lower Car shine value.

It's a very early test.

It needs more improvement. About 4 hours more. The final result can be absolute different than that pics.

Lynce, I think the LFS ambient does not match with such bright surfaces.

Do you know what I think? The main problem is that these cars are too poor modeled and the surfaces have only one degree of reflection.

They look like plastic toy cars (not due your work).

There are no changes between rubber, glass and painted steel reflections.

The lines betweens parts have no depth.

The contour around the windows and lights has no relief.

Those lines are too simple, the surfaces has one aspect, so... no matter what you do, they don't look real.

But at least this new one picture is a step forward. Keep working, who knows you make a miracle...
Very nice one Never tried this things before but have to say, it was worth it. Just one problem.. If you are using crossfire, remember to switch off your second GPU. Then its working fine.
I love the new update.
Quote from Speed Soro :Lynce, I think the LFS ambient does not match with such bright surfaces.

Do you know what I think? The main problem is that these cars are too poor modeled and the surfaces have only one degree of reflection.

They look like plastic toy cars (not due your work).

There are no changes between rubber, glass and painted steel reflections.

The lines betweens parts have no depth.

The contour around the windows and lights has no relief.

Those lines are too simple, the surfaces has one aspect, so... no matter what you do, they don't look real.

But at least this new one picture is a step forward. Keep working, who knows you make a miracle...

Really I liked your coment. And coments likes yours.

But I have hope for improve it. I'm not sure, but I think that I can.

Thanks, again, by the coments.
Still under test

looking good Lynce
You have added some clouds correct? Looks nice. Personaly I don't like the clouds on reflections much because sometimes they look outta place. But lately I've changed to cockpit driving so now those types of things aren't noticable now. (I used to drive sexy chase view) So now it won't matter to me, I guess.

Maybe a suggestion to make the reflection dimmer by default so then those angry (:tilt ppl don't complain about it and others wont need to change their Car Shine values.
Quote from JasonJ :You have added some clouds correct? Looks nice.

Maybe a suggestion to make the reflection dimmer by default so then those angry (:tilt ppl don't complain about it or need to change their Car Shine values.

Yes, I have put a cloud.

In some cases, not all, in real life there is much light that hits the car and can be very bright.

Difficult to calibrate the brightness. I still believe that each person adjust the brightness in the cfg.
Yeh, I know I know, and I know you know. Just observations. Keep up the good work, BTW I edited my post before you posted. Sorry.

Quote from Lynce :[snip]
In some cases, not all, in real life there is much light that hits the car and can be very bright.
Difficult to calibrate the brightness. [snip]

Yes very true, I think this is why the dynamic Bloom mod matches well with the reflections.
The improvement it's posible after some tests:

XR GT on plate, sorry, hahahahaha. ( On a previous post).
The backgrounds you add in the reflections make it look much more convincing. The reflections actually makes the wheels look almost like chrome. And the car looked like it just got dipped in lacquer (its a good thing.) I love the work but sadly, it looks out of place compared to the rest of LFS.

P.S. I wonder how it looks with a realistic level of car shine?
Looks crisp. Looking forward to the next release. Take your time, it's worth the wait.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG