The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
I'd reckon the fourbanger would be at leat half the weight of the 'big block' which would mean less kg per hp, equalling more fun
Attached images
Image077.jpg
Quote from Blackknight555 :This is my Vn commodore not much too look at,but it sounds great.
Just had a 3inch cat-back exhaust put under it with sweet set extractors!! cost me heaps...high comp heads an sum other stuff:shhh:
pushin out 145 to 150kws now.will be getting a fat boby kit soon,will add more pics then.

hope sum1 likes "my ride" lol

VN commodores just scream "BOGGGGGGGAAAAAAAANNNNNNN" to me.
Also..my lawnmower makes more HP than that.
Quote from Shotglass :if you need a turbo or supercharger to get 250hp from a four banger you might as well drive an american v8... not much of a difference in terms of efficiency

Don't hit boost and it'll be fine.
Quote from Klutch :

Don't hit boost and it'll be fine.

the problem with that is youre always on boost, superchargers are driven straight off the engine (if ive remembered that correctly!)
superchargers are, turbochargers however, not
yep! missed the "or turbo" bit in shotglass' post thought he was on about supers only.
I prefer rotary engines, especially the RX7. 1.3 what is the equivilant to a 2.6 or something, cant remember exactly.
Wouldn't mind this Dragon Performance tuned RX7. Bloody big turbo on it.
http://file041b.bebo.com/0/lar ... 022049296a8031116826l.jpg

That must not be road legal, would they allow that on the road with how much has been cut off the arch, or wouldn't it matter very much?
nice, not as nice as a bridgeported n/a 12A
nothing beats the RB26 from the 787b, maniacal engine
Rotary's are slightly cool, but they cost too much to repair, and they are extremely unreliable of old, I don't think Mazda today are any better, one thing is for sure, the 787B was a screaming, demonic, piece of noise. All that noise....
Quote from robt :the problem with that is youre always on boost, superchargers are driven straight off the engine (if ive remembered that correctly!)

Cant remember the names of them, but theres two type of supercharges. One works similiar to that of a turbo, as in the more revs you have the higher the boost.

And the other one is just on boost permanenetly
Quote from sam93 :I prefer rotary engines, especially the RX7. 1.3 what is the equivilant to a 2.6 or something, cant remember exactly.
Wouldn't mind this Dragon Performance tuned RX7. Bloody big turbo on it.
http://file041b.bebo.com/0/lar ... 022049296a8031116826l.jpg

That must not be road legal, would they allow that on the road with how much has been cut off the arch, or wouldn't it matter very much?

The way it sits now, it wouldn't be legal.
If they made up a plate or something to cover it, sure.

Quote from Osco :nice, not as nice as a bridgeported n/a 12A
nothing beats the RB26 from the 787b, maniacal engine

Rb26? what?

Quote from BlueFlame :Rotary's are slightly cool, but they cost too much to repair, and they are extremely unreliable of old, I don't think Mazda today are any better, one thing is for sure, the 787B was a screaming, demonic, piece of noise. All that noise....

Too much to repair? Not if you do most of it yourself, and rotarys are very simple engines.
Unreliable? no...treat it with respect and it will last.
What's the point of having a turbo/super charger if you're always going to stay off boost?
Quote from pb32000 :What's the point of having a turbo/super charger if you're always going to stay off boost?

City driving?
Don't need a turbo to stop, start, stop, start constantly..it'd just waste fuel.

Only reason as to why you would ever really want to hit boost is if you're on a bit of a spirited drive, or you want to over-take someone.
Quote from Klutch :Cant remember the names of them, but theres two type of supercharges. One works similiar to that of a turbo, as in the more revs you have the higher the boost.

And the other one is just on boost permanenetly

The way it sits now, it wouldn't be legal.
If they made up a plate or something to cover it, sure.

Rb26? what?

Too much to repair? Not if you do most of it yourself, and rotarys are very simple engines.

I see I forgot a letter, the RB26B engine, n/a 4-rotor wankel engine
There isn't any "RB" in it. RB26 is an engine that came in a skyline, and its also a piston engine..

Its just "26b"
we both fail, apparantly it's the R26B

For engine codes I mainly trust the relevanti wiki page, but I'm sure you know all these by heart
Quote from Klutch :

The first Rotary engines to be used on production cars were in the Ro-80 and these did have reliability issues, although very technically advanced cars in their era.
Quote from BlueFlame :The first Rotary engines to be used on production cars were in the Ro-80 and these did have reliability issues, although very technically advanced cars in their era.

Except how many people are driving these cars these days?
Very little.

Your typical 12a/13b engines out of the rx7 are very reliable when looked after.
Quote from Klutch :Except how many people are driving these cars these days?
Very little.

Your typical 12a/13b engines out of the rx7 are very reliable when looked after.

And do you own a Mazda Rx7?
Quote from Klutch :City driving?
Don't need a turbo to stop, start, stop, start constantly..it'd just waste fuel.

Only reason as to why you would ever really want to hit boost is if you're on a bit of a spirited drive, or you want to over-take someone.

My friend's turbo miata makes 260rwhp @ 12lbs and he gets as good fuel economy now as he did before putting the turbo on, assuming he's driving gently obviously And you don't always need to be in boost. You can quite happily drive around town gently without going past 0lbs. Sure if you start driving aggressively the fuel economy suffers, but otherwise it's really pretty good.
Quote from BlueFlame :And do you own a Mazda Rx7?

Nope, plenty of friends do.
Quote from Michael Denham :My friend's turbo miata makes 260rwhp @ 12lbs and he gets as good fuel economy now as he did before putting the turbo on, assuming he's driving gently obviously And you don't always need to be in boost. You can quite happily drive around town gently without going past 0lbs. Sure if you start driving aggressively the fuel economy suffers, but otherwise it's really pretty good.

Yeah..my brothers makes 286rwhp at 14psi in a toyota soarer.

Good on fuel until you step on the loud pedal.
What size engine is the soarer? My friend's miata is a 1.8... I have a friend with a 1.6 turbo'd as well but he's running less boost and making nowhere near the power. Someone else I know is doing rods and pistons and throwing a larger turbo on his 1.8 and aiming for 350rwhp once he's all done!

10ltr per 100km, which isn't bad for a 6cyl turbo sportscar that weighs 1.8tons lol.

only simple bolt ons though...FMIC, exhaust, air intake, ECU plus tune.
Quote from Klutch :Nope, plenty of friends do.

Yeah..my brothers makes 286rwhp at 14psi in a toyota soarer.

Good on fuel until you step on the loud pedal.

So if you don't own one yourself you can't comment about it. I guess you have been in an Rx7 that broke down, that's just a guess.
Quote from BlueFlame :So if you don't own one yourself you can't comment about it. I guess you have been in an Rx7 that broke down, that's just a guess.

If i don't own one myself i can't comment?
As i said..i have plenty of friends that own rotors, and aslong as you look after them properly there shouldn't be any problems.
A friend of mine has had more trouble with the electrics mucking up in his FC than with his actual motor.

No, i've never been in a rx7 that broke down..., and i don't see how that has anything to do with it..

All it comes down to is how the motor is treated, you can't mistreat them like piston engines.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG