The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Well... it only had 2 gears so...
Dad's car - ALPINA B10 V8. Done a couple of track days in it and despite it being a bit too heavy and soft for that sort of thing, we've managed to put some more exotic machinery to shame which is always nice. Absolutely brilliant mile muncher.

Goes pretty well on Autobahns too
Attached images
B10Hill.jpg
B10Fast.jpg
Quote from robt :33-40mpg usually

If I found a correctly working 'miles per (uk) gallon' -> 'liter per 100km' converter, I can't quite believe your 80s Ford Capri only guzzles 7 liter on a 100km? please correct me if I'm wrong

Quote from Klutch :That doesn't prove anything?

believe me, back then in 1987, myself being 19 years old, it just proved everything!
Quote from rediske :If I found a correctly working 'miles per (uk) gallon' -> 'liter per 100km' converter, I can't quite believe your 80s Ford Capri only guzzles 7 liter on a 100km? please correct me if I'm wrong

According to my converter (google), that's only 6 liter per 100 km, I don't really believe that either, double that and I believe you.

How many miles do you do on a tank?
more 7.5 a km i think.
MY girlfriends car does about 6.9-7.1 and thats 45-50mpg.
Dont know how much i do to a tank, got no fuel guage so have to fill it up every 300miles just incase... motorway runs its good on fuel. ill probbaly fill up tomorrow, the MPOG wont be good though as ive driven round town a lot. ill let you know how much though. On a run 300miles would take about 33-36 litres at about 85mph.
I actually write down the miles ive covered and how much i fill up by each time i go to the petrol station. maybe i can get a photo of the paper to prove it.
Y'know what is good? A fuel guage.
Well, its failed me this time round 30.4mpg!
Though it has been running a bit rough (needs new points i think) and its a lot of round town driving which guzzles the fuel. I dont think the 2 or 3 gallons of water trapped in the soundproofing helps either
my machine
4 zylinders
60 HP

:P
Attached images
DSC00496.JPG
DSC00497.JPG
20 days 'till my test.

Can. Not. Wait.
Mine's on Wednesday! This could be my last Friday as a non-driver!
Got mine on the 10th December... fingers crossed.
Got mine in 2006
beginning 2008 :P
oh shit we r goin offtpic,btw i got it in 2002 O.O cant believe how years fly
More pictures, teh winter looks:

Guess which one is on use?
lol. love the snow shots. my mum used to have a sierra in the same blue as youre other one (guessing its a 1.6?) loved that car, was rather quick as well (my dad fitted a rather punchy webber carb to replace the silly VV carb that came with it)
Quote from robt :lol. love the snow shots. my mum used to have a sierra in the same blue as youre other one (guessing its a 1.6?) loved that car, was rather quick as well (my dad fitted a rather punchy webber carb to replace the silly VV carb that came with it)

Yes, it's a 1.6, the one I used to drive before getting plates on this 2.0 one.

Tho I can't see how someone could describe car like that as quick, even with a better carb.
The car is so slow that I have to write like this:
SSSSSSLLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWW
to actually describe how slow it is.

Quote from Takumi_lfs :Sierra?

lol you win.
well the 1.6 went faster then the 1.8 we had after that!
On another note, Hopefully im going to get paid (hopefully quite a bit) for a job i just done for someone rebuilding their company website, should pay for me to get the fuel injection fitted
Quote from robt :well the 1.6 went faster then the 1.8 we had after that!
On another note, Hopefully im going to get paid (hopefully quite a bit) for a job i just done for someone rebuilding their company website, should pay for me to get the fuel injection fitted

Well, for what I know the 1.8 is a very slow car too.
Tho I have never driven 1.8 version and I don't know anything about the CVH versions, was the 1.6 or 1.8 both Pinto versions? If not maybe the CVH version has different performance than Pinto, dunno...

Of course it is also possible that the 1.6 was in a good shape and then after that the 1.8 weren't. For what I know a 1.8 at least should perform a bit better than 1.6.

lol dunno. I don't even know why I'm speculating this.

Are you still considering the horrible stock Ford EEC-IV or are saving for something better?
RWD Sierra + Snow = ...

... (Or a large accident)
Quote from Minimaxman :RWD Sierra + Snow = ...

... (Or a large accident)

Nah, for a large accident you need:

RWD Sierra + Snow + Inept Driver = Large accident.

Quote from BigPeBe :Well, for what I know the 1.8 is a very slow car too.
Tho I have never driven 1.8 version and I don't know anything about the CVH versions, was the 1.6 or 1.8 both Pinto versions? If not maybe the CVH version has different performance than Pinto, dunno...

Of course it is also possible that the 1.6 was in a good shape and then after that the 1.8 weren't. For what I know a 1.8 at least should perform a bit better than 1.6.

lol dunno. I don't even know why I'm speculating this.

Are you still considering the horrible stock Ford EEC-IV or are saving for something better?

1.8 came in both pinto and CVH, depends what year, think 88/89 was the changeover for most.
Gonna have to stick with the EEC-IV for the moment. maybe if i get some spare money ill swap, maybe sell my brand new electronic distributer to fund an EDIS system too. Fancy a genuine motorcraft Electronic distributor for your sierra? Never been used!
Quote from robt :Fancy a genuine motorcraft Electronic distributor for your sierra? Never been used!

I already have a working one. Like also the rest of the EEC-IV. That's the reason I keep mocking it, I hate it!

Are those EFi parts costly around there? Because over here I'm pretty sure you can get almost a full EEC-IV system for Pinto with around 100e, with intake manifold! Not as new of course, but in good shape. Everybody just wants to get rid of them, I myself have 3 ECUs I don't need, used to have whole wiring with injectors and I have a big box with full of other stuff, like distributors, MAF's TPS's etc... I actually got all that stuff for a cup of coffee.
Got the inlet manifold, eec-iv, 2 distributors (1 new 1 used), 4 coils, a full wiring loom, 2 fuel pumps (both genuine bosch, 1 used 1 brand new like the distributor), hmm, what else, fully reconditioned EFi head with about 500miles or less wear on it. and a few other bits, its a good 2 or 3 boxes worth. all for about 300e i think. which isnt bad considering its a fully recon cylinder head.
You not changed over to EDIS yet? Also, if you have unleaded EFi cylinder heads over there youre sitting on a large invesment they go for quite a bit round here in the old ford circles.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG