The online racing simulator

Poll : What do you want of the following :

Both
XRT only
FXO only
Neither of the ones above, please post a comment and describe why / giving a suggestion
Maybe laaate at the night, but I am very busy, going to an work interveiw, band pratice and training, but maybe late, like 00.00 or something

Ser is up, and options enabled, so knock 'yerself out!
i could get a dedicated host up for you guys?
hey nice maybe i´ll join can someone pm me when it will start and on what server?

see ya
-
(KiRmelius) DELETED by KiRmelius
-
(KiRmelius) DELETED by KiRmelius
The server is dedicated, so just join it and have fun
I don't have time to come today sadly, but the servers are up for you to grab
sup guys im on the server waiting for more to come

dont leave me alone
here's a replay of a possible hacker on the server, by the name of 'baxeg' - I can see no way that he got past me but he still 'won'. The lag is very suspect too
Attached files
hack^q.mpr - 218.7 KB - 141 views
ay i´ve seen this but i dont think he´s a hacker..
you just couldn´t see him because he had very big lags
He haz vewy big lagz
Definitely a lag issue - he's got ahead of all of you on his PC, but because of his incredible lag it looks to everyone else as if he's behind you all.
thing is though, he didn't pass me at the start. I got a clean start and pulled away, no one passed me the entire race and the lag did something odd to his game
Quote from mookie427 :thing is though, he didn't pass me at the start. I got a clean start and pulled away, no one passed me the entire race and the lag did something odd to his game

I wonder...
Is this a situation for lerts and his unrivalled physics mind?
Quote from Jon606 :
I wonder...
Is this a situation for lerts and his unrivalled physics mind?

Quote from The Very End :

:ices_rofl

Back onto the subject at hand, and with people saying "A DD League would be a good idea", I have made up a list of 12 fixtures for a DD League. I tried to get every environment in (apart from Westhill because it's too loooooooooooooooooooong for one of these) but here's what I've got so far. It would be a weekly league, with a possible break in the middle of one or two weeks. Plus, if everyone used the correct names and skins, it would make it more like DD.

So here's what I've got so far. If you don't like some of the things on it, or the order of it, then just tell me; I'm up for suggestions to change them.

Round 1: Kyoto Oval
Round 2: South City Classic
Round 3: Fern Bay Club Reversed with the "Hillclimb" layout that's sometimes on the server (the one which gives you wallrides and super air-time)
Round 4: Blackwood GP with my "Thrillz & Spillz" layout (or possibly its online alternative)
Round 5: Aston Cadet
Round 6: South City Long with my "Back Home" layout

[Possible break of say, a week or two]

Round 7: Unsure as of yet, but will either be Fern Bay Green with the "Warzone" layout that's on the server, or Fern Bay Rallycross Green.
Round 8: Blackwood Rallycross with Gekkibi's "Destruction Derby 2" layout
Round 9: Aston Club
Round 10 (Last round to score points in): Kyoto Oval with the "DD Oval" layout that's on the server
Round 11 (League decider): Autocross Skid Pad "Elimination Extravanganza"
Round 12 (Celebrating the end of season; not strictly a real round but who cares): Autocross Soccer Championship with Takumi_project.d's "Soccer Pitch" layout

After counting up how many unique race numbers of skins there would be after both packs would be completed (yes, I did this :schwitz it came out at 24, which is good because you can divide that up into things like 8s, 6s, 12s, etc.

I also decided to limit the number of drivers in the league to 24 as well, because of the two Rallycross tracks being involved, and if we have 24, then the end of season Soccer Championship can have 4 teams of 6!

EDIT: After the last points scoring round, there would be an unofficial champion based on the final standings. The real champion would be decided after the Extravaganza.

The "Elimination Extravaganza" decider would probably be like this:
  1. The league table would be split into 4 groups of 6 at the start of the season.
  2. At the end of Round 10, these groups would be "locked", i.e. unable to change.
  3. The first and last groups would be combined together, as would the middle two.
  4. These two groups of 12 would then have two separate Demolition Derbies until six are left in each group.
  5. Then there would be a Demolition Derby of these 12, and the last driver running would be the League Champion!
These locked groups would also be the teams for the soccer tournament.

I hope you consider this, because I think with the right people behind it, it could become one of the best "alternative" cliques in LFS.
Sounds like a good plan But I want more hehe, why not take 32? 32 can be split into two or more, like 32=16+16=8*4 etc etc, a number that can be put into various of set ups etc.

Also nice if you could privide download link to the laouts, so I can put them on server I can provide Ky1,SO1 and Fe1R layout, Fe6 too btw, have layouts that are suitable for those tracks.

Tho I see the part of 24 cars on rally cross tracks, but then we rather should have a 10 min qualify, to determind in those races witch 8 drivers that were too slow to enter the race itself.

Also, at end of season we need the final shodown, where we put the upper half (16), top drivers in a clash at Skid Pad (au2) . Rules are simple, be the last man with a driveable car.

I am open for idea's and suggestion on how we are going to do this. Imo every race should be 2 laps, but each race is 3 races. Meaning that the race will be raced 3 times. The scores are counted for every race, but I rather want short and many races, than few long ones in such a league, where the aim is to creat maximum entertainment on shortest possible time and still to be called a somewhat a race
Oh my, this is getting very serious

I gotta go back on this server sometime, I need to wreckz0r!11!/!1!. Besides, it's fun.
I'd join.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Oh my, this is getting very serious

I gotta go back on this server sometime, I need to wreckz0r!11!/!1!. Besides, it's fun.

Same here, come online tomorrow, I'll be online some then
Quote from The Very End :Sounds like a good plan But I want more hehe, why not take 32? 32 can be split into two or more, like 32=16+16=8*4 etc etc, a number that can be put into various of set ups etc.

Also nice if you could privide download link to the laouts, so I can put them on server I can provide Ky1,SO1 and Fe1R layout, Fe6 too btw, have layouts that are suitable for those tracks.

Tho I see the part of 24 cars on rally cross tracks, but then we rather should have a 10 min qualify, to determind in those races witch 8 drivers that were too slow to enter the race itself.

Also, at end of season we need the final shodown, where we put the upper half (16), top drivers in a clash at Skid Pad (au2) . Rules are simple, be the last man with a driveable car.

I am open for idea's and suggestion on how we are going to do this. Imo every race should be 2 laps, but each race is 3 races. Meaning that the race will be raced 3 times. The scores are counted for every race, but I rather want short and many races, than few long ones in such a league, where the aim is to creat maximum entertainment on shortest possible time and still to be called a somewhat a race

Some good points raised there TVE.
Let me just give my responses to them by each paragraph:

Paragraph 1: Well, the reason for doing that is because of the online limits on the Rallycross tracks of 24. Also, with 29 DD skins being available, then if we had 32, then it would mean some skins would be used more than once.

Paragraph 2: I was thinking of the tracks that I haven't put a specific layout next to just to have a standard DD layout like you've done with SO1 and KY1. The BL1 & SO4 ones can be found in my signature, plus the DD2 layout for BL2 is somewhere in either this thread on the DD1 Skins thread.

Paragraph 3: Wouldn't that just be against the concept of DD though? Pick up and play racing is really what it is, and introducing an element of qualifying to it isn't needed.

Paragraph 4: Really just the same idea as I said, but wouldn't that mean that not everyone's involved? What would the bottom sixteen have to fight for?

Paragraph 5: How about alter the number of laps, like in DD? So, shorter tracks like Fern Bay Club and Rallycross Green have a bigger number of tracks over the longer ones like Blackwood GP and South City Long.

As with TVE, I'm open to any suggestions and ideas as well.
Yeah, I see the points regarding the skins, fine, let's keep it on 24

I aswell see the point of longer races..hmmm, not sure how long, but if we aim for 5 minutes races aprox?

Need a discussion from others se we know what the mayority likes.
qualifying isn't needed for a DD, not fussed about skins, or laps, or anything, just want to crash
Actually, if we are going to have a league, on the [noobs] server I will set the foot down and say that you all will use the skins
I think that is essencial for a league like this.
Quote from The Very End :Actually, if we are going to have a league, on the [noobs] server I will set the foot down and say that you all will use the skins
I think that is essencial for a league like this.

And make sure people use the same skins for all the events surely?

Shotgun #88
Quote from J@tko :And make sure people use the same skins for all the events surely?

Shotgun #88

...and the names and all - make it like the most realistic thing evarrrrrr.
When will the league be? I would like to join
Hehe
#40 is allredy mine Jon, you make a list, and update it as soon people know what number they want xD And on that way we can know if there are enough people interested in this thing.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG