The online racing simulator
did we say how much we love you scavier keep it up
Quote from Technique :I just noticed the windshield tint or whatever it's called. Very nicely detailed

Indeed, it's very similar to how GT5p looks
Great updates XF and XR interiors now look a lot more realistic and surely add up to the immersion factor.

So RB4 interior is going to be updated on the way to beta - does it mean that exterior will be updated too?, as it is very angular and low poly now (it's still on S1 level). Also, LXs would greatly benefit from some additional detail -not only interior, but front suspension arms, dampers with springs, headlights...

Quote from RIP2004 :
Just one question: before LFS is out of Alpha state, will it have another tyre physics update?
The problem about longitudinal grip seems to be still present. It would solve problems about locked differentials and heavy wheel spinning being fast and perhabs other things.

don't want to sound impatient, but would also like to hear Scawen's opinion/plans regarding this
- Break off wings instead of bending

I wonder how this would be implemented. So they would be removed from the car and change its characteristics? But what would happen to the debris? Would it just lay around on the track, be removed in some way and possibly affect other cars in the meantime(tire rupture etc)? That seems like a huge leap forward, but methinks it also would be alot of work to implement. Though it would open up the way to a vastly more realistic damage system.

Since if it would just disappear it might be a bit immersion braking, but that indeed might be the way to go for now.
Can anyone explain me Brake off wings?
Wings that break off rather than deform.

i.e. when you rear-end someone, the wing falls off your BF1 rather than just deforming.
#132 - Don
wings falling off
CZ: (proste ze se ti muze urvat kridlo)
Quote from Don :wings falling off
CZ: (proste ze se ti muze urvat kridlo)

wow so that will be very nice, thanks for explanation
When added
Quote from Scawen :

And if a AI brakes it of, i hope he pits at once and not driving around without wings
Quote from aroX123 :When added

And if a AI brakes it of, i hope he pits at once and not driving around without wings

If it's anything like Forza2, I hope you have to suffer without it.
Yes, I don't think that pit crews happen to carry around spare bodywork for every car, except possibly the BF1...

It would be fairly pointless if you could repair it in the pits with no consequences, at least a big time penalty

EDIT: The thread should be retitled too at this stage
Mr Scawen! i just would like to ask about the future patches,are you guys planning to do bolt hole on rims and working tail lights? i think with these 2 the game would be defenetly more awseomness
Quote from Technique :I just noticed the windshield tint or whatever it's called. Very nicely detailed

Dot matrix, it is called.
Is there any way to reduce the shine on the rims? There ought to be a slider for it next to the ones for their color.
hmmm I wonder how far does the dot matrix goes in texture mapping....surely if it covers the whole windscreen instead of just the border it would be possible to create dirts on windscreen effect, or window stickers.
So they have most of the physics done, so are they working on some of the "eye candy" now?
Cockpits are looking great, thanks guys

The only thing I'm really not liking is the inability to move the XRG mirror up higher. Having it stuck in the middle of the window like that is really off-putting
Quote from Scawen :

Will the wings disappear or will they get knocked around?
Hmmm, now we have some decent rim shine, wouldn't mind those wheel everyone puts on the FZR in renders with the chrome rim, that would be sweet Unfortunately for me i deleted my old LFS which was from V and decided to have a fresh start apart from skin/setups what a stupid mistake that was, was too big for the recycle bin so deleted in completely and now can't remeber my wheel settings, well i can but doesn't feel the same
Bravo Scawen!Awesome work!
Quote from scoobyrbac :Will the wings disappear or will they get knocked around?

I was just going to ask that, it would be more real life it is around..
Great news!

Quote from Scawen :- Improve track shadow rendering

Scawen please when you'll be playing with shadows, make them darker under cars or some sort of multiply. Cars still looks like flying when in shadow.
Attached images
lfs_y30_shadow_under_car.jpg
Quote from danowat :I am not fussed about hotlaps going out of sync, but obvioulsy don't want to be refused entry to non test patch servers.......

Then don't install the testpatch, or make an other copy of your LFS install.

Testpatch of today looks great. I wunder what naming will be used after Patch Z
Quote from marzman :Testpatch of today looks great. I wunder what naming will be used after Patch Z

Patch ß?
Quote from marzman : Testpatch of today looks great. I wunder what naming will be used after Patch Z

Could be patch ZA.
This thread is closed

Today's Test Patch - XF and XR Interiors
(251 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG