The online racing simulator
@Scawen : Great news. Thx for all of that and looking forward to it. Sounds promising.

Just one question: before LFS is out of Alpha state, will it have another tyre physics update?
The problem about longitudinal grip seems to be still present. It would solve problems about locked differentials and heavy wheel spinning being fast and perhabs other things.

Or would that be more a thing to correct in Beta Stage as tweaking?

Continue the good work
Quote from Riders Motion :XRT improvements - anything to please us drifters!

Well, you can be a bit *cough* cranky *cough* at times... *cough*Patch Y release*cough*, so I hope it works to your advantage
Quote from JO53PHS :Well, you can be a bit *cough* cranky *cough* at times... *cough*Patch Y release*cough*, so I hope it works to your advantage

Well atleast we dont have any extra baggage...demo'ers
All storm servers customers can update their servers to the latest incompatible test patch via the control panel if they wish
Quote from JO53PHS :Well, you can be a bit *cough* cranky *cough* at times... *cough*Patch Y release*cough*, so I hope it works to your advantage

To be honest, Patch Y made me learn a lot about setups. I could no longer use locked diff with -2 rear camber and 50 psi. I learned to make stable and really, really quick setups and I my skills really improved with this patch. So Patch Z really cant be a bad thing.
so Break off wings instead of bending that mean bits falling of the car yet dev?
WOHOOOO! :bannana_g:smash3d:

HURRYYYY! I cant wait..
Quote from faster111 :so Break off wings instead of bending that mean bits falling of the car yet dev?

From what i gather in Scawens post its falling off wings (i would guess for now it would just be wings) in the works but wont be in this patch (or Z) But is simply one of those things that needs to be done before S2 can release its Alpha tag.
oh ye oh ye so cool oh ye.
Quote from faster111 :so Break off wings instead of bending that mean bits falling of the car yet dev?

Read his post again. He never said they were included in THIS patch, but will be included in a FUTURE patch (ie, not now).

[edit] Double Beaten.
Thanks Scawen
Well TBO balancing is pretty bad actually so it will be really really cool to make XRT and RB4 better (cause I love RB4 ) and nicer to drive
great news scawen, switting hands now

let me ask a question: how many hours do you spend on lfs in a week?
Quote from Sir moi 407 : Will the wings fall on the track? And then it will be like Bananas in Mario Kart

Bananas randomly falling off banana tree by the/on track would be a + to realism!
Good news..

Just a note about wings falling off. I would much prefer to see partial to full loss of aero downforce due to damage to wings before the ability of the wing to actually fall off, (unless this would be part of the physics changes needed to allow wings falling off to be modelled).
#91 - Vitr
thank you
#92 - wien
I would assume a wing that has fallen off would stop producing downforce.
EVERYBODY SAY!!!!!

HORRAYYYY YEAAHHH
Woot for patch Y30!!!!!!
HORRAYYYY YEAAHHH
Please keep in mind guys, patch Z wont contain any of these improvements:

- Improve collision physics
- Break off wings instead of bending
- Finish and release Westhill updates
- Improve track shadow rendering
- RB4 / UF1 / UFR interiors

I guess its still a long way to go!
Another 6 month at least I guess.
Quote from Scawen : Patch Z which will look very much like today's test patch and should be released next week.
Scawen

Woop woop. Thank you scawen woop woop. Is it going to be s2 beta or s2 final after patch Z?

It was a great idea to release compatible test patches.
Speaking of FZ updates.. Don't mean to open a can of worms, but couldn't the FZ5's exhaust end pipes be updated to be a bit more realistic?
Quote from RIP2004 :Just one question: before LFS is out of Alpha state, will it have another tyre physics update?
The problem about longitudinal grip seems to be still present. It would solve problems about locked differentials and heavy wheel spinning being fast and perhabs other things.

Very good question.
Scawen, could you put a comment about that, please?
Quote from wien :I would assume a wing that has fallen off would stop producing downforce.

So would I, it would be very odd otherwise... just as odd as having deformed wings but no affect on down force as is currently the case !

What I meant was, given that the modelling of the wings actually falling off is some way a way. I would much rather the devs just updated the physics modelling to approximately match the graphics aero damage that currently already exsits in the game on single seaters. I would much rather see that now, than wait for it to be implemented with what I believe is essentially a graphical improvement, (ie the wing actually detatching). It doesn't have to be accurate aero modelling just a rough approximation of loss relative to the kind of damage incurred. eg half bent front wing = 50% loss of down force etc. Just that in itself would be a huge step forward in realism for the single seaters IMHO.
Some screenies:
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
oh spoiler warning needed!!!!!!!!!!1
This thread is closed