The online racing simulator
Thanks for the update Scawen, glad everything is still progressing
I am not fussed about hotlaps going out of sync, but obvioulsy don't want to be refused entry to non test patch servers.......
I think Jack pretty much summed it up for me!

Hurrah Go Scavier!
#29 - JJ72
I have a feeling that we can see a new config on westhill, which mean some new roads created.........of else, what's there to update???
Quote from danowat :I take it it's still compatible with the current non-test patch?

Nope. If any of the cars handle differently as a result of a new test patch, then it will be incompatible.
Quote from danowat :I take it it's still compatible with the current non-test patch?

With the physics changes I wouldnt think so... Just do a separate install
#32 - arco
Good news, although I'm not looking forward to loosing most of the hotlaps. A lot of hard work went into them, but if it's needed, so be it.
Quote from Gil07 :With the physics changes I wouldnt think so... Just do a separate install

Thats what I would assume, but Scawen made no mention of it being an incompatible patch (apart from hotlaps)

Quote from Scawen : so we took the opportunity to move (and lower) the centre of gravity of all the GTR cars and the XRT and RB4 to improve handling and hopefully improve class balancing. The XRT and RB4 have also had some small improvements to the rear suspension that make them nicer to drive

To me it sounds incompatible, being that the center of gravity on the GTR's has been changed. But i have been before, and could quite easily be wrong.
Sounds Great Scawen!

Thanks looking forward to see how the car feels with new physics
Keep up the great work
Quote from franky500 :To me it sounds incompatible, being that the center of gravity on the GTR's has been changed. But i have been before, and could quite easily be wrong.

It does SOUND it, but I would prefer to hear it from the horses mouth
calling scawen a horse? :P

I dont know any more than anybody else here. So im just speculating that it will be incompatible based on that information.

Quite looking forward to it though, General Fixes + interiors
Great news!
Quote from danowat :It does SOUND it, but I would prefer to hear it from the horses mouth

Being that the cars have changed, it's incompatible.
Danowat - it has to be incompatible. Because if you join a non test patch server with a car thats different then you'd just get OOS'd straight away. There isn't really a way Scawen can or should make it compatible.
Ok, the horse's mouth thing is just an expression

I'll just do a seperate install then
When should we expect this patch to be public?
Quote from scoobyrbac :When should we expect this patch to be public?

Quote from Scawen : planned for release today

No exact times.. just today, which is when a few more bits of compiling / lines of code are done at a guess.
Quote from franky500 :No exact times.. just today, which is when a few more bits of compiling / lines of code are done at a guess.

Will we be able to host server's or will only the master server be allowed to?
i'm sure Scawen will release a Dedi host along with it as always.
#48 - JJ72
I'll try to past time with RF's historic touring car mod
Thanks
Hi,
I never commented on your work before guys so let me say now that I congratulate you all on everything that has been done so far - it's truly amazing work
Also, good luck with everything that lies ahead - I wish all the best

One thing:
Quote from Scawen :... Today's test patch will include updated interiors for the XF and XR (GTR and road) cars... ... When Patch Z is released, the existing hotlaps for eight of the cars (XFG / UFR / XFR / XRT / RB4 / XRR / FXR / FZR) will need to be deleted...

Doesn't XRG belong on this list too?
Christmas come earlier this Year :monkey:

Thx much Scawen
This thread is closed

Today's Test Patch - XF and XR Interiors
(251 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG