The online racing simulator
Cleanup : Spam
(694 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Degats :This probably isn't a simple fix as the handbrake is needed on grids with a steep gradient - ie Blackwood - to stop the car rolling down the hill.
Disabling the button to activate the handbrake might work, but it - or a small push on the brake - does need to be there for the starts.

Removing the handbrake, and letting everyone brake at the start? i mean, irl nobody would use the handbrake at the start.. (i think)
Quote from Feffe85 :Removing the handbrake, and letting everyone brake at the start? i mean, irl nobody would use the handbrake at the start.. (i think)

There was a lengthy discussion about this when false starts were added to LFS (you can move before the race starts). The conclusion about the handbrake was that it might not be 100% realistic, but it's better gaming wise that the car doesn't start rolling without any user input if there happens to be an incline on the starting grid.
Quote from Degats :Many modern road cars (especially ones with wide tyres) actually can't have their steering lock increased, as the tyre is very close (if not rubbing against) the well on full lock.
The only car I know of that actually has a stock steering lock of ~45 degrees is the London TXII

We don't drive XRT with stock setups in lfs. The great thing about xrt, fz5, xrg etc is the fact that we can adjust the suspension fully etc so that they handle the way we want them to handle.

So what we drive now are not stock road cars suspension wise.. And this is not a suggestion to limit setup options.

Basically to be so f***ing fair and "its not like that in real road car", there are 2 ways to handle the situation:

1) return back bigger steering lock and add tracking settings too. Steering lock and tracking mods (spacers) are much cheaper in real life, than braking mods we can do in lfs, or suspension mods etc.

2) Disable every setup option from road cars in lfs. Leave tire pressures option and fuel fill option. That sure will make those cars very fun to drive, race, drift or whatever ..
Quote from Danny LFS : NVidia GeForce 9800 GT (hacked for better performance)

lolwat? Hacking is bad, you must know that. And there is no dual core Pentium IV.
Quote from kamkorPL :We don't drive XRT with stock setups in lfs. The great thing about xrt, fz5, xrg etc is the fact that we can adjust the suspension fully etc so that they handle the way we want them to handle.

So what we drive now are not stock road cars suspension wise.. And this is not a suggestion to limit setup options.

Basically to be so f***ing fair and "its not like that in real road car", there are 2 ways to handle the situation:

1) return back bigger steering lock and add tracking settings too. Steering lock and tracking mods (spacers) are much cheaper in real life, than braking mods we can do in lfs, or suspension mods etc.

2) Disable every setup option from road cars in lfs. Leave tire pressures option and fuel fill option. That sure will make those cars very fun to drive, race, drift or whatever ..

Can you take this discussion somewhere else, instead of on a test patch thread? Im sure scawen wants to be checking this thread for complaints of bugs, not you crying like a kid because the lock got reduced.
Quote from Shadowww :lolwat? Hacking is bad, you must know that. And there is no dual core Pentium IV.

Oh yeah?
you forgot the "/" mmmkay

so far so good Devs
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Can you take this discussion somewhere else, instead of on a test patch thread? Im sure scawen wants to be checking this thread for complaints of bugs, not you crying like a kid because the lock got reduced.

I really hope he want to be checking this thread for complaints of bugs. Because one of the dev only seeing one known issue(s) is just...
Quote from Scawen :
KNOWN ISSUES :

LX4 number plate goes through spare tyre

Scawen, Scawen, Scawen... Be more imaginative next time . Cheers, as always.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdi2-iNAP0g]Oh yeah?[url]

I meant hardware hacking
LOL Shadoww didn't know you could get a Dual core pentium LOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL
-
(Velociround) DELETED by Velociround : the purpose of this message was already achieved by pik_d
Why do you "respected members of the community" have to spam the thread that is specifically for the purpose of furthering the development of the sim? And at the same time there is whining about devs losing interest in this project etc.

Please don't reply to this.
Quote from Byku :That thing with the tyre and the rim on FXO is also present on my pc(Radeon HD4870).

I SWEAR TO CHRIST YOU PEOPLE ARE RETARDED. IT IS AN OLD KNOWN BUG. IT WAS ALSO POSTED PAGE 2 OF THIS THREAD, AS AN OLD KNOWN BUG. STOP POSTING ABOUT IT FFS

Quote from senn :IIRC thats just a gfx thing, not a test patch related bug. i'm pretty sure...

Quote from Bean0 :Try reading the thread first next time...it is mentioned on the 2nd page (depending on posts/page).

The bug has been known about for a while.

Clear enough?
Quote from geeman1 :it might not be 100% realistic, but it's better gaming wise that the car doesn't start rolling without any user input if there happens to be an incline on the starting grid.

I'd see no harm in adding an option to Controls so that a conscious user can disable the default handbrake override. That way LFS would cater both to the average user and to the realism freak^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H hardcore simmer
Fixed my isseu it happend in Z ptach to so it had o be something with my keyboard or pc

But i fixed it now I reinstalled my lfs since there seemed to be something wrong with the interaction between my keyboard and LFS somehow
Dont know if it is a Z13 bug or a general bug or a feature ^^
But you cant drive LX (especially the LX6) on BL2!
The clutch always overheating after ~6laps...

You can go from throttle as much as you want. There is nothing you can do...
The LX6 have so much traction on rally parts that the clutch slips...
This is really strange i think! No one build this "low clutch" in a car with this power! With LX4 its a little bit better, but not enough...

Try it! You will see!
Quote from SiL-X :Dont know if it is a Z13 bug or a general bug or a feature ^^
But you cant drive LX (especially the LX6) on BL2!
The clutch always overheating after ~6laps...

You can go from throttle as much as you want. There is nothing you can do...
The LX6 have so much traction on rally parts that the clutch slips...
This is really strange i think! No one build this "low clutch" in a car with this power! With LX4 its a little bit better, but not enough...

Try it! You will see!

I assume you are flatshifting, well don't do that just lift the throttle while shifting.
Well, I drove (badly ) 6 laps at BL2 and the clutch didn't heat one bit after the initial acceleration from a full stop.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Well, I drove (badly ) 6 laps at BL2 and the clutch didn't heat one bit after the initial acceleration from a full stop.

Same.

Also, unrelated to Z13 as there haven't been any changes to LX physics at all.
I dont do flatshifting! I said that i go from throttle...

It IS possible to drive, but if you´re do fullthrottle its too sensitive for a longer time.
I will upload a replay at a later time! Then you can see, that i´m carefully.
Quote from SiL-X :The clutch always overheating after ~6laps...

I guess you're using autoclutch, we had the same discussion already on one of our lx events, the guys with autoclutch on had lots of trouble to keep the clutch from melting, those with a manual clutch had no problems what so ever. So I guess you could call this a bug but the problem doesn't seem to be the clutch heat simulation.
If that's the case, it's down to two things imo:
- the auto-clutch is slow in returning from the max value that it causes slip. Solution is to use manual clutch, even a button (with a fast button rate)
- and most of all, the driven wheels locking under braking and the clutch kicking in, causing massive slip when it's reduced
I just took the LX6 around BL2 for about as long as I can stand (10 laps amazingly) and this is how it turned out. I use a gamepad and therefor auto-clutch is necessary. I also flat-shifted probably 4-5 times through the 10 laps but still, my clutch is absolutely fine.

I've never done this combo before and I have trouble with the LX6 on tarmac so I was definitely noobing it up, especially in the earlier laps.
Attached images
LFS 006 LX6 BL2.png
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Spam
(694 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG