The online racing simulator
Cleanup : Spam
(694 posts, closed, started )
Quote from dev :I get a message saying: "Warning: Road tyres on rallycross track" when joining Westhill International (WE1) with any car...

1) Start LFS
2) Click single player
3) Load Westhill International REV (WE2)
4) When track loads, click "track" and change the track to WE1
5) Warning messages appear...

EDIT: When you normaly load WE1 without loading WE2 first, I don't egt this message. Tested on 2 PC's...

Diddnt know that there was an WE2.
#2 - dev
Quote from Stefani24 :Diddnt know that there was an WE2.

Oh, you know what I meant It was late, and I was tired :P
What it means? Car of AI player jump on fence in Kyoto1. I have not replay, but i have screenshot on http://www.rapidshare.ru/617973 to download wait 0.5minute and click "Щелкните здесь для скачивания файла (ссылка активна 12 часов) "
how did you get kyoto?
that made no sense...
Quote from mickyc30 :that made no sense...

Why?
Don't think about it (that cracker's site was closed)
what crackers site? ok now im really confused! i think ill just got to bed now... night everybody
Umm, yes, they were more visible earlier, but i don't know what's with all these unrelevant "improvements" anyway...
Quote from Boris Lozac :Umm, yes, they were more visible earlier, but i don't know what's with all these unrelevant "improvements" anyway...

Not relevant to what?

I noticed the black line around the mirrors could vary, could be 2 pixels on the left and 3 on the right or whatever. To me it's a bug, so I fixed that and also realised the pixel examination for that could be used to improve the drop shadows on text - which now looks much cleaner. While examining the screen at pixel level I noticed the last two remaining non-antialiased things on the screen - the start lights and the steering gauge. It is unprofessional to leave two pixelated and ugly things sticking out when everything else is antialiased.

I'm trying to finish S2 and these are unfinished things. Please, don't complain when I spend a couple of hours making the interface look better. A couple of hours here and there do not delay the "important things" you are waiting for like parts breaking off which will take weeks. It's silly to grumble about small improvements that I just do as I come across them while cleaning up the code and fixing bugs in a compatible patch.

Whether the start lights should be a plain circle or a texture, is a valid comment but calling them unrelevant has no place here.
Quote from Scawen :...

Dont listen them. You are doing absolutely good work and even the smallest improvement shows that LFS is in development. I like when patch is coming, because then i can enjoy and i like to live up-to-date.
Stay cool,Scawen.
I love LFS and when i could be a Girl,i want to marry with u xD
Quote from Scawen :Not relevant to what?

Sorry, didn't mean to bash your work AT ALL, as you are doing an absolutely amazing job, i'm just slightly dissapointed with the content part of LFS (eric's work). As i understood, he's still photographing the GTR interiors, and i kinda expected them finished back in 2006 you know.. not to mention what would new track meant for LFS community, just can't understand why those GTR interiors are taking that long, not to mention the other cars which by the sound of it, haven't been worked at, at all.... and then you see a changed texture to the virtual start lights (which, majority of people doesn't even use ) so i felt slightly dissapointed, sorry about that, i know YOU are doing the best you can..
Quote from Scawen :Not relevant to what?

It is unprofessional to leave two pixelated and ugly things sticking out when everything else is antialiased.

I'm trying to finish S2 and these are unfinished things. Please, don't complain when I spend a couple of hours making the interface look better. A couple of hours here and there do not delay the "important things" you are waiting for like parts breaking off which will take weeks. It's silly to grumble about small improvements that I just do as I come across them while cleaning up the code and fixing bugs in a compatible patch.

Understandably, in order for S2 to be finished, all this has to be taken care of. But please answer me this: with parts breaking off the car, like front wings etc - is it going to affect downforce? Is the deformation of the front in GTR cars gonna affect downforce or handling? The parts that fall off, are they gonna be able to puncture tires? If yes - great - happy coding. On the other hand, if it's gonna be there just to look pretty and to satisfy people who are into having acidents and crashing most of the time - then it is "unrelevant". The more urgent things should be stuff that actually affect the race like engine temperatures, brake temperatures, traction chaning off the ideal line, maybe wet conditions/dynamic weather and other things that lesser games like "GTR2" have for years now.

I appreciate that you don't want to code something if it's not going to be perfect, cause objectivley - most of the things in LFS are many levels better than in other games - but just to let you know: old LFS drivers, who have been with it from the start are quiting, losing motivation and the will to believe that "next patch is gonna bring something meaningfull". Y patch did bring many improvements, but most of the things basically stayed the same. Furthermore, I am aware that when a game is this far into development, it takes more coding to make small improvements than it took in the past to make huge leaps forward. But try to keep it in prospective with the upcoming patches. Everyone who's driving left me at "aw" when I was starting out - have quit now. Community has always been loyal to you, maybe even to the extent that there are too many "yes man" around who drool at every patch, but think about the old guys - if it weren't for them and their driving, LFS wouldn't be what it is today and I (many others too I guess) wouldn't have aspired to get better at it.
Quote from Scawen :So... maybe it's just the documentation that needs changing? Is it in fact COMMA and FULL STOP on ALL keyboards?

it should be considering those are the unshifted functions of those keys on the us layout

some stupid english speaking convention to refer to them as < and > because they look so much like arrows
Quote from Shotglass :some stupid english speaking convention to refer to them as < and > because they look so much like arrows

The second half of your sentence demonstrates why the first part is not true. It's not at all stupid. The < and > symbols are a lot bigger and more visible than , and . so it makes good sense to name the keys < and > when you are referring to something that goes left and right. It's good to name things in an intuitive way, not stupid!

It seems a lot more stupid to me that the German keyboard designers decided to move the < and > keys for no good reason, along with several other randomly swapped keys. I've tried writing emails on a German keyboard - It's very frustrating!

Quote from Whiskey :To Scawen:

Maybe you want to check this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout

Thanks, that looks like a useful reference.
Quote from Scawen :The second half of your sentence demonstrates why the first part is not true. It's not at all stupid. The < and > symbols are a lot bigger and more visible than , and . so it makes good sense to name the keys < and > when you are referring to something that goes left and right. It's good to name things in an intuitive way, not stupid!

ill stick with stupid
as you see it causes no end of confusion all around the world (judging by a quick look at wiki at least half of the worlds layouts cram those hardly used symbols (with the possible exception of people who like to include everything and their grandmother) in the bottom left)
in the same way no one would call "3" on a us layout "@" even though he probably will use the key for @ a lot more and type numbers on the numblock

Quote :It seems a lot more stupid to me that the German keyboard designers decided to move the < and > keys for no good reason, along with several other randomly swapped keys.

theres 2 good reasons
1) need to accomodate 3 extra letter keys (goes for a lot of aother language specific layouts as well)
2) seems much more reasonable to shift "." with ":" and "," with ";" to me

Quote :I've tried writing emails on a German keyboard - It's very frustrating!

tell me about it have zou ever trzed tzping english on a us kezboard after 20 zears of using german ones?
Quote from Shotglass :tell me about it have zou ever trzed tzping english on a us kezboard after 20 zears of using german ones?

I', using both english qnd french keyboqrds qnd I hqve no ideq zhqt you're tqlking qbout
Just lay it to the ß, ö, ä, ü key. Should be no problem for all
You mean the ç key?
First!!!

Yay

Thanks scawen :P <3 ^^
No, i looked over but thought it would be a greater effect without if i did it prolly would have looked something like this ":gnasher:"
#23 - wien
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :No, i looked over but thought it would be a greater effect without if i did it prolly would have looked something like this ":gnasher:"

You really are a pathetic little man, you know that? The sense of entitlement you're displaying here is beyond ridiculous. You actually manage sit here and get pissy because the devs aren't able to work at your desired speed? How small of a person are you?
I really think your overreacting here, this game is still a business, they gave a deadline, it was not met, still has not been met, alot of people are getting tired and frustrated.
this z10 patch has been here for a long time... are the known bugs that hard to fix? i thought it might just take a week or so b4 the nxt patch woulda came out. apparently not. oh and ive got a request for u developers, can you stop the cars from flying wen hitting certain objects?
This thread is closed

(694 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG