The online racing simulator
does this work with normal y servers?
Woohoo, AA/AF!!
I Get another error when i extract.
Error messenge is:
ERROR: Can not delete output file C:\Documents and Settings\Familien Teien\Deskop\lfs s2 her\LFS.exe
Thanks a lot Scawen, now it works !
Quote from garph :AA and AF settings don't seem to be working for me. No difference when the AA if OFF and when it's set to x4.

Tried restarting LFS and my PC.

Most likely global or application specific settings in your graphics drivers. You must make sure they are set to "application controlled" or whatever.

Quote from callmebob :does this work with normal y servers?

Yes, that is what "compatible" means. I would always make it very clear in the first post if it was not compatible.

Quote from aroX123 :I Get another error when i extract.
Error messenge is:
ERROR: Can not delete output file C:\Documents and Settings\Familien Teien\Deskop\lfs s2 her\LFS.exe

Maybe you forgot to exit LFS before installing the patch?
I've set AA=4x, AF=8x, GF7600GS, driver version 6.14.11.6375, WinXP 64.

The interior of the other XF GTi in multiplayer is all WHITE. My own looks normal.

[Edit] Not always. Can't reproduce. The track was FE, weather=day.
Quote from Scawen :
Maybe you forgot to exit LFS before installing the patch?

Yep, thats the problem xD
Thanks
Is anyone using this
169.28_forceware_winxp_32bit_international_beta
driver?

As I said in the Y13 topic, 'let program controlled' option just doesn't work for me.
Driver always seems to override settings. I don't know what to do. Made default settings - no changes.
Than made forced options with application controlled settings.

I started Counter Strike: Source. Made AA&AF changes, and they appeared correctly the time I set them.

So. Is it driver problem, or LFS not forcing correctly? Someone in same situation?
Quote from balee :Is anyone using this
169.28_forceware_winxp_32bit_international_beta
driver?

As I said in the Y13 topic, 'let program controlled' option just doesn't work for me.

Seems to be a known problem with some nVidia drivers:
Quote from word. :Forcing AA from the control panel is broken in all drivers after 169.13 and before 171.xx. This is common knowledge on guru3d forums.
That's why I'm using 174.20

Thank You Scawen I like this antialiasing
#36 - J.B.
I just did a quick AA/AF fraps benchmark with an mpr and setting 4x/8x gave me exactly the same frame rates when set in LFS as when set in the driver. So seems to be working fine on x1950 pro.
I can confirm these results, no performance difference between driver forced and ingame AA.
Hmm, I have some issues. It's a difference of 10 fps between driver and game AA and AF, and i think the quality of the driver settings is better. The driver is 174.20, the videocard is 8800gt. Here are the images:
Attached images
lfs1driver.JPG
lfs1game.JPG
Quote from Scawen :
Russian and Slovenian flags appear to be radioactive

?????????
wth does this mean
and @poster above:
im happy when i get 30 fps
#40 - Jakg
I'm a n00b - forgive me.

I've got an 8800GTX and 174.16 Xtreme-G drivers. ATM I have nHancer set to 16xAF and AA set to 16xQ Coverge Sample. I run at 1680*1050 (not that I think this makes any difference). Do I run LFS using nHancers settings, or would setting the AA / AF via LFS be better? Performance isn't an issue (CPU limited), i'm just after maximum quality.
I run a Radeon X1650 Pro, and none of the before mentioned problems, i'm still fiddling with the mip map setting tho.

But I wanted to ask, If this patch contained some more minor tweaks than the listed ones, I think the rev limiter is more hearable now, and the camera movement seems different.
Woohoo, in-game FSAA controls! Thanks Scawen!

Just had a quick test in XFG around Blackwood (my test version of LFS isn't unlocked) and the in-game FSAA controls work a treat. Superb - no more faffing around with the crappy nvidia control panel!

I was unable to notice any performance drop, FPS was maxed out at ~260 regardless of my graphical settings.

Still couldn't tell any difference between the AF settings though. Could anyone post some full-size screenies to show LFS with and without full AF? Mine looks fine, I'm not noticing textures blurring anywhere, so I'm just wondering whether mine is somehow fixed on or off.

Curiously, switching on 8×FSAA causes my gfx card fan to spin up. It's an 8800GT, which has a rather noisy cooler. Fortunately, I've got a Thermalright HR-03 GT waiting to go on it. I thought it odd though, as I was under the impression LFS was generally CPU-bound and didn't come close to even slightly taxing modern gfx cards. I guess the extra work of FSAA makes enough of a difference though to need more fan speed.
Quote from Jakg :I'm a n00b - forgive me.

I've got an 8800GTX and 174.16 Xtreme-G drivers. ATM I have nHancer set to 16xAF and AA set to 16xQ Coverge Sample. I run at 1680*1050 (not that I think this makes any difference). Do I run LFS using nHancers settings, or would setting the AA / AF via LFS be better? Performance isn't an issue (CPU limited), i'm just after maximum quality.

Does the 174.X drivers work with other Nvidia cards too? Just wonderin' because my 169.X drivers are pissing me off...
16xAA please
#45 - dev
I get a message saying: "Warning: Road tyres on rallycross track" when joining Westhill International (WE1) with any car...

1) Start LFS
2) Click single player
3) Load Westhill International REV (WE2)
4) When track loads, click "track" and change the track to WE1
5) Warning messages appear...

EDIT: When you normaly load WE1 without loading WE2 first, I don't egt this message. Tested on 2 PC's...
Quote from Riders Motion :Does the 174.X drivers work with other Nvidia cards too? Just wonderin' because my 169.X drivers are pissing me off...

Yep. Just installed 147.20 as suggested, and everything works fine.
Thanks Scawen for such an important update. Ignoring driver panels really makes gaming easier and smoother.
dev - that can happen if you spent a lot of time driving in the grass last time you played on the track (it fools the track type detection into thinking it's a rallycross track). Just do some clean laps and it shouldn't come back.
#48 - Jakg
#49 - dev
Quote from Bob Smith :dev - that can happen if you spent a lot of time driving in the grass last time you played on the track (it fools the track type detection into thinking it's a rallycross track). Just do some clean laps and it shouldn't come back.

I did a clean install 2 days ago, and I didn't drive Westhill since
cool! nice patch again... thx!
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG