The online racing simulator
Hi... i has test the patch.

In my old installation (PatchY) i has arround 200-300FPS with a 8800GT with FBM@Blackwood, in PatchY14 only 92.

If i put all efects from nvidia drivers, all at maxium, and the SoftTH to view in 3 monitors. In PatchY i has 67fps in PatchY14 56fps with all at maxium from LFS options

I don't see any advantage

PD: It is possible to do, that I can to use 3 monitors without using SoftTH? can you program this drivers natively in a new patch?

sorry my english

SoftTH link -> http://www.kegetys.net/SoftTH/
How i play -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOQFPJP3wpk
Quote from Flame CZE :When I set AA to 2x < 4x, strange things will appear on the screen. It didnt happen before. In patch Y i set AA to 4x (on my nvidia setup) and it worked normally.

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/8414/streu1.jpg

It seems like your card is overheating, since this is pretty clearly vertex corruption. Try downgrading to patch Y and forcing it in the CP to see if it goes away. My guess is it won't and it was just coincidence it started happening with Y14
Vista 64 bit
8GB (4x2)
8800GT

No problem
Quote from AndroidXP :It seems like your card is overheating, since this is pretty clearly vertex corruption. Try downgrading to patch Y and forcing it in the CP to see if it goes away. My guess is it won't and it was just coincidence it started happening with Y14

I have two folders in my PC - LFS Y13 and LFS Y14. Now I tried to set AA 4x in Y13 (via CP) and AA worked without problem. Then I set AA to let application choose and tried AA in Y14. The result was the same as in my previous post.

btw my graphics card wasn't overheaten - 46°C
Everything (AA/AF settings ingame) is working fine on my medieval system (XPproSP2, 1 gig RAM, P4 Prescott 3,2 MHz, 7600GT AGP, Forceware 94.24), and I've not noticed any loss in frame rates. Thanks a lot Scawen Keep up the good work!
Scawen, this is Russian flag in colours closer to real (ffffff 2861ac c52d2c)
Attached files
flag.zip - 440 B - 241 views
Hi
If I switch off haze effect my frame rate doubels from 40 to 80 fps even with a fresh Vista and Lfs Installation.
If I start Lfs with Haze effect off (40 Fps) and turn it on , I got 80 Fps again.

(Edit) No matter how many times i switch it back, it doesn't falls back to 40 Fps.

The haze effect still works normaly the whole time and i can switch it off and on .
AA and AF works fine by me.

My System

Sempron 3100
G-force 6800 169.25
Vista 32
MB K8N-E 1GByte
If i start the same Lfs installation with xp on the old harddrive i get 90-130 Fps , no changes with haze effect on or off .
So it seems to be a Vista or graphics driver problem .:arge:
No problems here...running an old nVidia GeForce FX 5500, and the AA and AF is working great with minimal FPS loss (not that I had many FPS to start with lol). Thanks Scawen.
can't output Japanese message when using script.
Can't output Japanese message when using script.

[test.lfs]
/rcm ^Jこんにちは
/rcm_all

run script.
/run test

However did not display Japanese rcm message...

Quote from highbridge :Can't output Japanese message when using script.

[test.lfs]
/rcm ^Jこんにちは
/rcm_all

run script.
/run test

However did not display Japanese rcm message...

Please can you attach the test.lfs script (text file) so I can try it in the debugger?

Was this using a dedicated host or full LFS host?

I would have expected it to work correctly, as long as the guests have a patched version and the text file is in the correct format.
Well...i just tested the Y14 and it works fine for AF.Then i cant compare driver settings and ingame settings for AA because it didnt work if activated by drivers.The question is...Is it normal that i have 75 fps with AA8x while i have about 200 with no AA?I know frames drop with those settings but i thought drop shouldn't be huge.The card is a 8600M GT(mobile card) and before you say it,activating AA on other games causes not such a huge drop in fps like in here.Maybe its just me...
Quote from Scawen :Please can you attach the test.lfs script (text file) so I can try it in the debugger?

Was this using a dedicated host or full LFS host?

I would have expected it to work correctly, as long as the guests have a patched version and the text file is in the correct format.

I attached test.lfs.

test.zip

And I use full version of LFS.
This problem is not happens on Y10.
Attached files
test.zip - 141 B - 237 views
Quote from IlGuercio :Well...i just tested the Y14 and it works fine for AF.Then i cant compare driver settings and ingame settings for AA because it didnt work if activated by drivers.The question is...Is it normal that i have 75 fps with AA8x while i have about 200 with no AA?I know frames drop with those settings but i thought drop shouldn't be huge.The card is a 8600M GT(mobile card) and before you say it,activating AA on other games causes not such a huge drop in fps like in here.Maybe its just me...

Unfortunately, it is normal to have a large drop in fps on a mid-range card like the 8600 when you activate AA.
Quote from highbridge :I attached test.lfs.

test.zip

And I use full version of LFS.
This problem is not happens on Y10.

Thanks - it was a bug in the script reading "invalid character" protection.

You will find it is fixed in the next test patch.
Quote from IlGuercio :Well...i just tested the Y14 and it works fine for AF.Then i cant compare driver settings and ingame settings for AA because it didnt work if activated by drivers.The question is...Is it normal that i have 75 fps with AA8x while i have about 200 with no AA?I know frames drop with those settings but i thought drop shouldn't be huge.The card is a 8600M GT(mobile card) and before you say it,activating AA on other games causes not such a huge drop in fps like in here.Maybe its just me...

Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Unfortunately, it is normal to have a large drop in fps on a mid-range card like the 8600 when you activate AA.

How about with 4xAA? I would have thought 4xAA was really enough!
i don´t know wether its my PC or LFS, but since i installed Y14 (maybe even in earlier versions, but i haven´t played LFS for a longer time and havent had this before) i get a crackling sound when i press and hold CTRL+SHIFT (actually i get this crackling sound when pressing and holding any modifier key), so i ask if anyone noticed the same problem, but as is said earlier its maybe my machine.
Quote from Scawen :How about with 4xAA? I would have thought 4xAA was really enough!

First of all,i never spoke to you directly...so because now i have the opportunity let me say that your work is really appreciated by me.
Now if i set AA4x i get about 40 more fps which is good.And i think it'll be enough for me with this video card.Given the fafct that lfs is much more cpu depending than gpu,i expected a minor impact on fps.Mine was just a reflection about 8xxx nvidia series which should be very competitive with filters activated,but probably its me requesting too much from this poor (yet overclocked) video card.Keep up the good work Scawen,now im looking forward for multicore support
Just a little hint at the default mip bias settings:
On my computers, everything looks very pixelated then, almost impossible to look at. Im always using -1.00 for all mip values, and AF to make it look sharp again.
As I've seen a lot lfs newbies complaining about the flickering road specially on south city, some more economic default value might be nice?

-4.0 for the road is really hardcore (feels like a 60Hz CRT )
Quote from ORION :Just a little hint at the default mip bias settings:
On my computers, everything looks very pixelated then, almost impossible to look at. Im always using -1.00 for all mip values, and AF to make it look sharp again.
As I've seen a lot lfs newbies complaining about the flickering road specially on south city, some more economic default value might be nice?

-4.0 for the road is really hardcore (feels like a 60Hz CRT )

Same for me...i had to put everything on the left in bias...losing something like 20 fps just for that.
Quote from Scawen :How about with 4xAA? I would have thought 4xAA was really enough!

anything below 8x supersampling looks nasty in lfs
i suppose its got something to do with the way theres a lot of high contrast poly edges at shallow angles on screen
Quote from Shotglass :anything below 8x supersampling looks nasty in lfs
i suppose its got something to do with the way theres a lot of high contrast poly edges at shallow angles on screen

So you are with me when i say i expected less drop in frames?
Could we just get an option(like in nVidia control pannel) that don't allow mip bias(clamp)?I'm glad to see that the devs are starting to care about the graphics
Quote from IlGuercio :So you are with me when i say i expected less drop in frames?

nope 8x requires some serious post processing
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG