The online racing simulator
Quote :Russian and Slovenian flags appear to be radioactive

please explanation!?
Quote from primmy :please explanation!?

imo the colours seem to be too light or saturated. The colours are wrong, they say
#153 - xt
i think its bug
on last lap leading car stopped to pit and same moment it get stop-go penality.

--mybe it will help--
must to pit - yes
2 cars
2 laps
lan server
track blackwood gp
smoothness 12 packets
loosing car had penality for speeding in pits (30 seconds)
leading car had penality for late pit in (30 seconds)
leading car pit speed was less than 60
both cars was formula bmw
There might be a leak somewhere or maybe its my aged PC but with p14, my FPS has been cut in half even when I force LFS into my old settings (AA, AF off, set everything as it was and elliminated new features). I also get MUCH more moire as well as aliasing.
I'll try to figure out what's causing it and post back.
I'm having graphical problems since I used this patch. After some time running the game (like 10 mins) it's like random flat coloured triangles spawn from the horizon totally messing the image up and then my computer crashes. Is it possible that my old gfx card is dying and it has nothing to do with the game? I haven't changed any gfx options at all nor activated AA or AF in-game, but I think it has started happening since I installed Y14, though it could be a coincidence
Quote from MaKaKaZo :Is it possible that my old gfx card is dying and it has nothing to do with the game?

Yes. Very likely, actually.
Quote from AndroidXP :Yes. Very likely, actually.

I didn't want to hear the truth

The good thing is that eventually I'll have to update either the gfx card or the whole computer and I'll be able to switch AA and AF on
AA still doesn't work under WINDOWS VISTA X32

Plz help me!!!!
I have a problem with Vista 64bit and as far as I can tell my friend with his 32bit Vista has the same problem.

So here it is: We do experience a huge FPS drop when the game runs in a window that fills the whole screen. When the window is resized to about 75% the FPS goes up by about 50-75%. If explorer.exe is shutdown the FPS goes up even 50% more in the windowed mode and about 25% in the fullscreen mode.
I can not remember to have these problems before. It also is a bit of a problem since i run a dual monitor configuration. Hope this helps.

T.J.
Do you have Aero activated? If yes, that's your answer. It takes a good chunk of graphics processing power, so either turn that off or don't play in windowed mode.
Quote from CTito :AA still doesn't work under WINDOWS VISTA X32

Plz help me!!!!

I use Vista Home Basic X32 and works fine
#162 - dev
Quote from Töki (HUN) :I use Vista Home Basic X32 and works fine

I used to use Vista Ultimate x32 and it worked fine
Quote from AndroidXP :Do you have Aero activated? If yes, that's your answer. It takes a good chunk of graphics processing power, so either turn that off or don't play in windowed mode.

I get that too, and I'm running XP... Mouse input is incredibly lagging, the FPS drop to diashow and my car suddenly has no skin... But as this isn't testpatch-related, I'll shut up now (unless Scawen decides to track this)...
Thanks scawen <3 Trying it right now
E: Stunning! Great work LFS just went one step up of it graphics
Quote from bbman :I get that too, and I'm running XP... Mouse input is incredibly lagging, the FPS drop to diashow and my car suddenly has no skin... But as this isn't testpatch-related, I'll shut up now (unless Scawen decides to track this)...

/off topic

this is more driver related, my old ati was running on some ancient driver and never had a problem until I upgraded to a newer combination
Since installing Patch Y14 my computer has completely frozen up twice.. No indication of it happening..Just freezes..28.5 FPS though..

Thats with all AA and AF settings to highest..Maybe I should uninstall Patch Y14 and use regular Y.
Did you try to set the AA and AFto 2x? Maybe your graphic card can't show such a high quality
My lfs crashes kinda much now and i have no idea why..
It never before..
It's like frozen picture and sound going over and over again.
Did you use AA/AF before it was implemented in LFS? If not, then it's probably your GFX card that can't handle the additional load and overheats.
Quote from AndroidXP :Do you have Aero activated? If yes, that's your answer. It takes a good chunk of graphics processing power, so either turn that off or don't play in windowed mode.

I actually have deactivated aero, but I can play in window mode if the window is no larger than 75% of the screen. If the window is bigger than about 75% the FPS drops very much. I do not have any icons on my desktop either.
Quote from T.J. :...

Do you get the same problem if you disable your second monitor?
Quote from wien :Do you get the same problem if you disable your second monitor?

I do get the same problem if I run the game in a maximized window on a single monitor. When I use two monitors I must use maximized window and not fullscreen to see the desktop and run the game in the same time.

On a earlier patch I could run the game on one screen and use the desktop and IE+WMP on the other with about 90-100FPS in 1680*1050 resolution. Now I am down to about 30-40 without AA/AF and with AA/AF enabled I have about 20-25FPS
Quote from T.J. :Now I am down to about 30-40 without AA/AF and with AA/AF enabled I have about 20-25FPS

I really doubt this is caused by the test patch to be honest. Do you get the same problem in plain patch Y? If so, the test patch at least isn't to blame, and you should open a new thread in Technical Assistance instead. We can continue on there if that's the case.
Quote from Whiskey :Did you try to set the AA and AFto 2x? Maybe your graphic card can't show such a high quality

I'll probably have to shut both AA and AF off..Not like it made it look any diffrent, Still the same crappy looking game its been for however many years its been out for.
Quote from GruntOfAction :Still the same crappy looking game its been for however many years its been out for.

Do grow up.
-
(Gabkicks) DELETED by Gabkicks
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG