The online racing simulator
Quote from Jakg :iirc it's probably "designed" for cards like the 9600/9800's, but I run it simply because the 169.xx drivers suck.

Driver download (XtremeG version - IMO it's better):
XP - http://www.tweakforce.com/modu ... op=viewdownload&cid=7
Vista - http://www.tweakforce.com/modu ... op=viewdownload&cid=5

Thanks Jack, I had downloaded ForceWare 174.53 a few minutes ago (not installed yet) but I'll try those.

Edit: add my new Msn

drift-syndicated@hotmail.com

I stopped using the other because of kids laughing at the word 'hentai' when connecting.
#52 - Jakg
God I hate nVidia sometimes. I only downloaded the 174.16's a few days ago!

Meh, for once i'll admit my PC is faster than I need it to be so i'll leave it.
WAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Now my computer is running graphics in 4bit! I must have deleted something I shouldn't. Anyone help?
#54 - Jakg
Have you tried setting it manually to the right resolution?

I'd try uninstalling all the nVidia drivers, then rebooting, then installing them again. If that didn't work i'd crack out Driver Cleaner.
hm doesnt work on my end and the filtering still resets itself to bilinear all the time
but then again im running those crappy 169ers... is there anything newer for a 78gtx on xp64?
Quote from Jakg :Have you tried setting it manually to the right resolution?

I'd try uninstalling all the nVidia drivers, then rebooting, then installing them again. If that didn't work i'd crack out Driver Cleaner.

Ooooooooo

I resinstalled, and figured out that when they ask you if you want to open Xtreme-G, it's not an option. It won't complete installation if you don't do it. Problem fixed.
#57 - Jakg
Quote from Shotglass :hm doesnt work on my end and the filtering still resets itself to bilinear all the time
but then again im running those crappy 169ers... is there anything newer for a 78gtx on xp64?

http://drivers.softpedia.com/g ... are-xp64-17116-Beta.shtml

Quick Google (probably get newer ones if you look harder)

Those are probably the US ones - no idea if that makes a difference with a (I presume) German copy of XP.

EDIT - http://www.tweakforce.com/modu ... mp;d_op=getit&lid=132 - XtremeG versions
i dont think there are any german versions of xp64... i for one have never seen any
so thx

odd searching for them just a few days ago turned up nothing
Running a 8800GTX - Ran LFS with Patch Y 14 earlier this eveing no isses - was running great on the triple head - I flicked on V Sync to run the machine comfortably with 60 frames. Every thing is running full - all siders to the right - every thing maxed (as per normal)

Saw JAks post about updating drivers and thought why not - not a problem.

Updated to drivers noted by Jak - 174.16

Went back into game - its started no probs - half way round the track of a single player game -I pressed paused and went into settings and turned off V Sync - wanted to check frame rate capabilities.

Thought ahh I am running nhancer - I set it in there - so alt-tabbed and turned of v sync in nhancer. Went back into LFS - and on alt tabbing back in - the game crashed - and now -"Cannnot initialize graphics".

Ive turned of fnhancer, and the nvidia control panel - after reseting v sync in nhancer - and this version of LFS now wont work.

I have a back up copy on another HD - so updated that to y14 - but it has no skins or settings in.

This version works - but if I go to choose any AA or AF other than the default - the game crashes. it will run ok with default.

Can anyone reproduce or similar issues?

I will leave both installations as they are (for referal purposes) - and will install another fresh version onto another HD.
Quote from Jakg :http://drivers.softpedia.com/g ... are-xp64-17116-Beta.shtml

Quick Google (probably get newer ones if you look harder)

Those are probably the US ones - no idea if that makes a difference with a (I presume) German copy of XP.

EDIT - http://www.tweakforce.com/modu ... mp;d_op=getit&lid=132 - XtremeG versions

hm first one wont unpack second one works fine and at least gave me back the max prerender setting i was missing ever sinc eht crappy new control panel... sadly i still cant force monitor refrsh rates

with the 174.16 drivers now i can enable the aa in lfs just fine
af however still resets to bilinear every time i start lfs or change driver filtering settings despite the 16x button most certainly being the selected one

Quote from Widdowmaker :...

try deleting/renaming the card_cfg and cfg in yout lfs root dir
Quote from Stefani24 :?????????
wth does this mean
and @poster above:
im happy when i get 30 fps

The colours are too bright, while in reality they aren't like the brightest red and blue. I wanted to send to Scawen a new version, but lost myself in AF tests and forgot.
Quote from detail :I've set AA=4x, AF=8x, GF7600GS, driver version 6.14.11.6375, WinXP 64.

The interior of the other XF GTi in multiplayer is all WHITE. My own looks normal.

[Edit] Not always. Can't reproduce. The track was FE, weather=day.

I've had this problem even before patch Y, so its another issue somewhere. Happens on random cars at random sessions, haven't found a way of reproducing it yet.

PS. Nice one on the AA/AF, Scawen
hmmm...,if i enable AA the screen goes out of place,its too big and doesent fit
Quote from dev :I get a message saying: "Warning: Road tyres on rallycross track"

Yep, same for me and it happens even with patch Y.
It happens when you select a car/setup while the track is still loading (any track).

Something else now:
I can't paste any of the asian languages into the chat text input box. I only get question marks but sometimes some random character is taken into account.

Example with Japanese text:
I open Commands_Japanese.txt with Notepad and I copy the first line after the title (screenshot 1)
I open the text input box in LFS, I select Japanese and I paste the text (screenshot 2)
Only one character is shown, but I'm not even sure it's the correct one.
Attached images
Y14-Japanese1.png
Y14-Japanese2.png
Thank-you this works very well. AF now works (was broken for me in Y13). In game AA option is brilliant!
Great job!!! And can u pleas translate OPTIONS/DISPLAY/INTERFACE menu?
I have an issue with welcome texts. Diacritic characters of European languages show like cyrillic, because the text is written in single-byte characters. Host owners see their welcome.txt in their codepage (French, Italian, Swedish), but my local LFS takes that text as cp1251 and Cyrillic. I see "piщ" instead of "più", "fцr" instead of "für" and so on. Other users must also have the same problem.

BTW, what happens if someone makes a multibyte welcome.txt?

IMO, it´s better to detect codepage (or decode unicode txt) and tag the welcome message on host.
Quote from Lotesdelere :Yep, same for me and it happens even with patch Y.
It happens when you select a car/setup while the track is still loading (any track).

I've wanted to fix this bug for years, and have never been able to work it out.

I still can't reproduce it - please can you describe exactly how to do this? For example how can you load a car while the track is loading? LFS doesn't allow me to join the race while a track is loading...

Quote from Lotesdelere :Something else now:
I can't paste any of the asian languages into the chat text input box. I only get question marks but sometimes some random character is taken into account.

Example with Japanese text:
I open Commands_Japanese.txt with Notepad and I copy the first line after the title (screenshot 1)
I open the text input box in LFS, I select Japanese and I paste the text (screenshot 2)
Only one character is shown, but I'm not even sure it's the correct one.

Did you set Japanese as the "language to match the language version of the non-unicode programs you want to use" ? As LFS is non-unicode you need to do this. There are side effects, e.g. every backslash in Windows will then be a Yen sign, but at least you can enter Japanese characters into LFS.

See attached image.
Attached images
non_unicode.gif
Quote from Scawen :I still can't reproduce it - please can you describe exactly how to do this? For example how can you load a car while the track is loading? LFS doesn't allow me to join the race while a track is loading...

Easiest way I found was to load a road car (I used the race about) then load WE1 - then load WE1R - every time I switch from WE1 to WE1R it gives that error no matter what setup I have (default or one of my own).
Quote from xaotik :Easiest way I found was to load a road car (I used the race about) then load WE1 - then load WE1R - every time I switch from WE1 to WE1R it gives that error no matter what setup I have (default or one of my own).

I tried that, but with XRT. I got no errors...?
Quote from xaotik :Easiest way I found was to load a road car (I used the race about) then load WE1 - then load WE1R - every time I switch from WE1 to WE1R it gives that error no matter what setup I have (default or one of my own).

Heh, it's not that easy!

Somehow your computer is behaving differently from others. That's how this bug is, it just appears on someone's computer, they can reproduce it for a while, then it goes. It sounds like an uninitialised data type of bug but I can't count the number of times I have been through that code and I can't see any problem with it...

Please could you attach a zip of your path rubber files WE1.trs and WE1R.trs (from your data\knw folder) and we'll see if we can reproduce the bug with your Westhill path rubber files. Though I have a vague memory I've tried this before and it didn't reproduce the bug on another computer.
Might be a bit of a stupid question but why don't you just use a flag somewhere in the track files instead of analysing the rubber path files? Seems to me like it would be a much simpler and more error proof method.
Quote from Shotglass :Might be a bit of a stupid question but why don't you just use a flag somewhere in the track files instead of analysing the rubber path files? Seems to me like it would be a much simpler and more error proof method.

+1 i also wonder this...
I don't think it analyses the path rubber. But people always report that if you drive on the grass too much, this happens... although this is usually denied. The code is supposed to analyse something that never changes on anyone's computer. But apparently, something does change. There's no point putting an editor switch into LFS when it can quite simply work out for itself if a track is rallycross or not.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG