The online racing simulator
I still remembers LFSL (now its OLFSL). Shot 1 is FienDi (Sami) right behind me. Shot is taken at 14/2 2004.

Shot 2 is from the 19/2 2005. Was great to race in the dLadder series. A lot of fun, but not all got their prices from dE
Attached images
Shot.jpg
dLadder1.jpg
Quote from Richard Torp :I still remembers LFSL (now its OLFSL). Shot 1 is FienDi (Sami) right behind me. Shot is taken at 14/2 2004.

Shot 2 is from the 19/2 2005. Was great to race in the dLadder series. A lot of fun, but not all got their prices from dE

Ahh, teh memories
Just found a results list from LFSL- only 6 on the servers at the time.

It`s from june 2003.
Attached images
LFSL1.jpg
LFSL2.jpg
Does anyone (from Germany) remember the "special" LFS version from Ocrana/Fujitsu Siemens containing special default skins? I still have them in my skin folder. It was the one i spend my demo time on (ok was not that early(2004-2005?))
Attached images
XFG_FSC_11.jpg
XRT_fsc_69.jpg
FO8_FSC.jpg
Milk in First, Boomerang Rapido and AfriCola teams.
Actually having the time to race . . . .
Being in GURU . . .
Getting the 3 vouches needed to get into the (original) CRC!
Quote from ACCAkut :Does anyone (from Germany) remember the "special" LFS version from Ocrana/Fujitsu Siemens containing special default skins? I still have them in my skin folder. It was the one i spend my demo time on (ok was not that early(2004-2005?))

Late 2005 it was. I was still at Ocrana at that time..

http://www.gamestar.de/news/ve ... ana_racing_challenge.html

Edit: here is the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RFxtSOVdYU

It infact started in august 2005...
The first place for me was to find out LFS at the Racing Legends forum. Shortly after that I also posted at this very old thread at RSC. Kind of nostalgic to read what everyone thought of LFS when it was first discovered:

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=39373
"I'm impressed, and that is from someone who considers GPL/Nascar 2002 is tops. I haven't been this high on a game since GPL."

Below's the thread where I first found out about LFS
18.08.2002: A user of the West Racing forum finds the demo test 0.04k on the internet and spreads the word about LFS:

I remember when skins were mirrored on the car... so you could make one side of the car and the other side was just a mirror (like the Japanse drift cars have in real).
Dewushka....anyone remember her?
probably the fastest female driver in LFS evah
Think she was a mouser as well? c`mon fordi...u prolly remember...
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Quote from NorwegianViper :Dewushka....anyone remember her?
probably the fastest female driver in LFS evah
Think she was a mouser as well? c`mon fordi...u prolly remember...

Ah yes, I remember getting owned by Dewushka (translates as little girl?)
Quote from ussbeethoven :I'm not sure because of the Ocrana tag, but are they public now? I like the XFG skin and would like to use it.

They came free to use for every user, like the standart LFS skins. But they are not uploaded yet I think
Quote from RudiTurbo :Argh, the meeting ws in the same city where I live now!
Please, let's repeat it

With S3..
Quote from aaltomar :The first place for me was to find out LFS at the Racing Legends forum. Shortly after that I also posted at this very old thread at RSC. Kind of nostalgic to read what everyone thought of LFS when it was first discovered:

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=39373
"I'm impressed, and that is from someone who considers GPL/Nascar 2002 is tops. I haven't been this high on a game since GPL."

Below's the thread where I first found out about LFS
18.08.2002: A user of the West Racing forum finds the demo test 0.04k on the internet and spreads the word about LFS:

I was in that thread commenting with my usual bad spelling and grammer

I'm a little better now, but a few years ago I had the linguistic prowess of a diseased squirrel.
Bump, but i hope a good one

See people like GRTFH, Vykos, Rudi, JeeP, MacEst etc actually race

The legendary bumpdrafting in races: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... oe6Gg&feature=related

And the Racing Challenge, which was my first offline LFS competition. Ah hell, we are old :P

Remember I allways liked to bump people if I needed to catch up someone in the front. Cheap trick yes, fun - YES!!!
the racing was pretty funny @ the high level in LFS. w/ the xfg or gti, it looked something like nascar. w/ all the bumpdrafting
Yeah Good old times.. Wish they never changed Blackwood, old was by far a more fun experience, even if it did not look or feel like a normal racetrack. WHY DID THEY REMOVE THE TREES?!?!
Ah, i almost forgot:
odd button sounds
2 setups (at least the very first versions i have seen)
tyres blowing smoke out like hell
the utterly stupid looking muscle-man player models
..when your pc didnt have the oomph to run it !!

I put off buying a license for 2 years as my ancient pc could only handle 3 cars at a time .. I was so impressed by the driving model tho when S2 came out I splashed out on the hardware to run it (a 500MHz pIII - woooo)
Still loving it too !!
If you could remember the FXO had a cool bodykit back then. But since they released the FXR, they had to make the FXO look more subtle.
Hehe I remember XRT with 2 exhausts :P
I remember racing on patch Q for a year and a half, also on a PC incapable of running it (1.4GHz P4 / Radeon VE / 256 MB RAM, anyone?) .

And after that, I remember the excitement when some of us Germans found the S patch (yes, the one that first included the BF1) like three hours early because the dudes at 4players had uploaded it to their FTP server and only changed the file name to end in .zi instead of .zip (I still find myself regularly checking the FTP for this practice prior to releases of LFS patches )

Am I qualified to call myself a long time player nao?
you're a long time lfs player when you can remember Angels of Darkness, BlackMan ran that team

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG