The online racing simulator
Quote from Don :
You know you're a long time LFS player if u can remember...vari and kidcodea being actually friends

now that is a long lng time ago .

and your bike vids DoN
GTT had turbine tacho instead of boost pressure.

Car interior depended on chosen skin.

And priceless...

Woman driver model had own turning wheel animation
Haha, great thread I remember most of the stuff mentioned...

This is not that old, but I did some proposals for making the tracks better and this was a better Blackwood pitlane exit.

Edit: Haha, was that Racelife video that old? Brought back memories and now I feel like an old grump.
Attached images
Blackwood_pitexit.jpg
Quote from Yaamboo :Haha, great thread I remember most of the stuff mentioned...

This is not that old, but I did some proposals for making the tracks better and this was a better Blackwood pitlane exit.

I think I remember that!
... Hoffmann's GTi
Still waiting for the first person to claim having played this.
#157 - Woz
The community was small enough that the CRC meant something
Remember everything that is mentioned
Was racing the first demo`s of S1, before I bought it, was it 2002 or 2003? I know it tok at least 1 year before I joined the forum I belive.
As I hereby declare the next month the month of reserved posts, I'll reserve one right here:

reserved for me saying "... the XRT still being a demo car" in 1 or 2 years.
-
(geeman1) DELETED by geeman1
All I remember is that huge competition for the LFS logo all those years ago.
Oh boy this brings back memories, I remember everything mentioned in this thread. I have a bunch of old videos from the demo days and back when the XRT had 2 exhaust pipes and the FXO had the big wing n` side skirts. Ill try to find it and put up a list of them, Im sure I got some classics from way back when.

Dragging down the BL straight, doing 200+ and catching one of those drifters going the wrong way was always fun.
I actually like the S1 Blackwood more than the new 1, it looks really retro
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I actually like the S1 Blackwood more than the new 1, it looks really retro

I agree with you on that
I miss the trees =( !!
Not sure what version this was, but I remember "cheating" by using the grass (?) in the turn after the back straight in blackwood. I don't remember if there were concrete patches or what, but I remember being able to go very wide there even though it was considered cheap. It looks like I joined the race sim central forums in nov 02 - so whatever version live for speed was at that point i guess...
What are all these strange things you all speak of? :o
Like you don`t know you sneaky bastard ;p
Quote from ORION :tyre magnet anyone?

what about names like lefty and Devil 007

keyboard powah - yet another one

alien and bastard

I remember being in ZT Was a nice time, even when it was a short one
Best thread ever! I've just been getting back into LFS now my Momo and PC are fixed. So many memories.

I remember having massive arguements with people about the lack of camber arc, castor and sidewall deflection.

When the engines spun the wrong way!

When drifting was sooo much easier to do..

Comparing LFS to West Racing's 'Racing Legends'. I see they're going great lol

And I think best of all, when Logitech stuffed up a big order they made with Dick Smith Electronics in Australia resulting in MOMO racing wheels being sold for $88, 1/4 the usual price. Anyone else still have theirs? I still have both of mine, and I found out about the deal from this very forum
When the Xrt was a demo car ha ha ha pwnt. When Xrt wouldn't drift on hard track set. It does now. When Fxo looked like the FXR btw i played S1 for 10mins 3days ago.
The endless and neverending nights, which turned my life into nightmode until the end of highschool
Being amazed of guys who can pull 1:27 around the Blackwood with GTT and 2 weeks of improving my PB down to 1.28.48

And damm, all that S1 hotlapping, I remember battling You also DjGlass and also kel64

Also battles for several ranks with Osiris, biggie, Asmo
The tune of 303 Forever repeating in my head all day long

And off course the best League ever held , The Endurance League. Having lots of practice, at least 200 laps always with MacEST , Pallukka, lefty and sinbad and me always finishing 5th or worse after these 4 guys in the MRT season Finally got my 1st Endu win in the last GP of this season on Fe Black rev I think But not sure :P Where are hte archives?

And Victor, where are the longpromised archives of all S1 hotlaps!?

There are too many combos in S2 nowadays, I just cant decide what to drive It's sad, that I'm 19 now and I have to attend life, but as soon as S2 final is out, I promise, I'll make every goddamn hotlap there is

Edit: Shit, after posting I noticed how many smilies I put in this post, those times just bring a smile to Your face, dont they?
how mad did the XFG sound? lol beast!
p.s i had to download the old demo to see what all you guys ment lol, god, havnt things changed! keep up the good works guys!
I liked it when we were all waiting to drive the LX8 and still had hope of seeing the first screenshots of the S2 rallypack.
Ahahah the rally pack. Yeah, that was a good one.
I want the rally pack
Why was it just...scraped? As far as I know they had made some stuff, since they used some time on it, then they said they wasn`t working on it anymore and never more did we hear about it.

oh why, WHYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG