The online racing simulator
#76 - col
remember names like MATH, Annanguerra(sp?), FRED(who just appeared as if by magic), Jeep, Grrrl (grrrr).... and many more ?

remember when Macest appeared on the scene ?

remember having to set the ARBs the opposite to what they would be IRL ?

remember the 'Elite' servers where you'd better be able to run the time in the server name, or look mighty silly ?

remember when bump drafting in the XFG on blackwood straight was acceptable and the majority could do it without incident ?

remember having to lift off in gear changes to avoid engine damage (what goes around comes around hehe) ?

Remember when nobody looked down on demo users - because thats all there was?

remember driving right on the left of the blackwood straight with two wheels in the dirt to get a fast lap.

Remember when Scawen made the cars skinable ?

remember the original CRC when it really had a purpose and really worked and wasn't always empty

remwmber the first thread asking for the nordschleife ?
Quote from Vykos69 :If join date < S1 release date

(tristan, sry, you're nuskool :P )

Yup. I'm just a baby in LFS terms. I'm still jealous of the 'older' people, who knew about LFS before me. It's not like I wasn't into racing games or anything (though I was still quite scared of forums).
not that i have any place in this thread, but i've been a long-time sim racer, and am a huge LFS fan... i just wanted to let you guys know that i appreciate the history lesson and have thoroughly enjoyed this thread
Quote from Fordman :Sim Socks - Remember them

Did anybody actually receive a pair HAHAHAHA

Yep, there were a few of us! Still wear mine occasionally.

Remember driving up here? You had a nice view of the track.
Attached images
Blackwood Skybox.JPG
Sim-Sox.jpg
I remember the first time I started some pre S1 version and it BSODed Windows, then I avoided LFS like plague for a while. Besides, the older versions ran really badly on my Radeon 8500 (like mentioned), the versions that had solid black windows.

Some time later hardware shader supprt (??? not sure) was added, which boosted performance big time.

Oh, I remember XRG+3 pro AI+3 laps Blackwood for quick earning of credits. And XRT was called GTT with the 6 gears. Engines made popping sounds if over-revved. The second-last corner on Blackwood (downhill right) had a much larger tarmac run-off area on the left. Someone tweaked track width to zero to make a motorcycle.

I only bought S2 this year, but had been playing demo for quite a long time before...
Quote from morcs :I remember a racer who was a bit of a wildcard recording himself singing Buddy Holly by Weezer, who was that?

Edit: rich_uk?

Yes it was me. I had the chipmunk effect on my soundcard and thaught everyone else heard it like that too . that was really back in the day. Also my paper trousers i made and my headstand.

I remember mainly cedje devro who was an alien of outnumbered proportions (if only he was consistant).:hypnotize:

Also the llast tunnel bit of bl1 where it was all concrete on the left of the track (No gravel traps pffft).

And Mr.X's 30 minute video of lfs including drag racing, loud sound systems and racing incidents (link anyone?):bowdown:

alot of these fast racers are still around but just not on the forums. Try the official irc channel (#Liveforspeed on irc.gamesurge.net) were all friendly!. :tempted:

it's been a wonderful time racing lfs and i found it from pc gamer in july 2002.

Rich Village idiot 2004-Present.
I remember stumbling across the thread at RSC in August 2002 about a new sim. Lots of people were impressed with it, and I decided to give it a go. Graphics were simple but clean, menus were nice and simple which was good, and then the physics... I had a blast in the XFG around blackwood, some good lift-off oversteer neutralized with some throttle. And that was the start of something great Five and a bit years later and here we are today!
Quote from rich uk :

And Mr.X's 30 minute video of lfs including drag racing, loud sound systems and racing incidents (link anyone?):bowdown:

THE ZONE? Think that was it's name...remember it anyway
tyre magnet anyone?

what about names like lefty and Devil 007

keyboard powah - yet another one

alien and bastard
Anyone got a pic of the Driver's Emporium Stecki Mobile?
I'd have to say that whole Kevo incident, and then all the photoshopped images made for some serious laughs.

Remember when everyone who raced blackwood GTI in S1 was like a big family and everyone knew each other, lol.

And then this, one of the longest and most controversial threads on LFS News, lmao.

http://www.lfsnews.net/default ... =shownews&news_id=312

AUSSIE, he was a character.
#91 - senn
Quote from _Rob_ :THE ZONE? Think that was it's name...remember it anyway

I still have this on my old PC, i'm going to try post it on YouTube, but i can't promise anything

edit: 165mb and almost 30minutes, not happening, unless someone wants me to Skype them a copy so they can upload it

edit - just watched it and remembered something else - modding ur car up then doing helis/donuts so fast the physics engine freaked out and put u on ur nose LOL
Quote from senn :I still have this on my old PC, i'm going to try post it on YouTube, but i can't promise anything

edit: 165mb and almost 30minutes, not happening, unless someone wants me to Skype them a copy so they can upload it

edit - just watched it and remembered something else - modding ur car up then doing helis/donuts so fast the physics engine freaked out and put u on ur nose LOL

I remember that, was part of my vid "Insane" at the end
4 years goes too quick
My memories .. SCCC and team400 Got so much help and support good laughs and GREAT racing.

No why did I get ban threads... because you knew why.

Maybe I need new glasses without a rose tint, but I don't care ....happy days
#94 - Gunn
Haven't read the whole thread....

Twin exhaust on XRT (GTT ) Bring it back dammit!
RAW files for skin textures.
No upper suspension limit caused big wheelies over the hump at BLR.
If you parked next to the entrance of the RallyX part of BL and reset your car you would be flung so high in the air that the track below looked like a Minty wrapper.
You could hammer through the pits at BLR and get airborne on the hump at the pit exit.
Quote from WGooden :Remember when everyone who raced blackwood GTI in S1 was like a big family and everyone knew each other, lol.
AUSSIE, he was a character.

When you can remember when WGooden thought that someone driving 1 sec off wr pace was fast but then within a few weeks was faster than that

AUSSIE - "Your on LFS and your not on TS! Get on TS now you git!"
i remember the sound of the XRT in S1....at the moment i think it sounded meaner than any of these current soundpacks...
You know your a long time LFS player when you remember racing online and there was not a single drifter.

Oh how I wish Elite76 and I never made that video.
So you're the n00b who brought drifting into LFS?
i miss the hole in the ground near the blackwood start next to the barrier where you could drive into it and it would make you do flips. and the burn out area to the left just after the finish
What I remember from the earliest LFS was that the tachometer and speedometer had triangles instead of lines. Ah those were the days...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG