The online racing simulator
I remember when I could play LFS Online with a dial-up connection.

And when you could roll your car over a million times and it stays in mint condition... so funny!

And also, the XRT in S1 was much harder to drive than the one in S2 0.5X.
Wow... Can't believe I remember my log-in info. Just happened to remember LFS after playing some Forza 3 on Xbox 360. Nothing compares to LFS... I wish I had good PC and time to get back into it. Just other day I had to throw away my MS Sidewinder FF wheel, no longer powered up.

I remember...
-RSC
-Started drifting in the DEMO days, then started hottlapping
-Being in racing team ART
-First time S1 came out
-Making Blackwood track guide for XR and XF (Which I found online! http://www.nemanja.com/2006/02 ... -racing-tutorijal-xf-gti/)
-Being so excited about finally getting a autox feature
-Physics change in S1, made us couple seconds slower.

Best of all.. I remember the great fellows I raced with almost every day for hours.. I doubt anyone would remember me, but I still remember some names I currently see around here.

Good day to all
Quote from Whiskey :^^ LOL, there was already a Scirocco in the old days (2nd picture, nineth driver)

He's actually a moderator.
Quote from Matrixi :(Finns)

Long time player if you can remember when only visa was supported and you sent money to Batterypark who at the time handled delivering S1 licenses for visaless players.

This is pretty much my first memories of LFS.
Chasing for a 1:31 at BL1/XFG. I think I ended up with a 1:31.6x (WR was low 1:31.5x if I remember), before the new physics came.
there i am
I'll remember having a great time in LFS, and talking to hundered's maybe thousands of people without ever having to say a word.

I remember the team400 server and waiting on teamspeak for someone to say ' join now' because it was so busy.

I remember a member posting about a broken collar bone caused by a mountain bike accident....LOL

I remember being able to shred your tyres in the xrr in one lap by locking them up for one or two corners, drove smoother because of it.

I started on dial up 56k as well ,I'm now on the adsl equvilent of 512k and my line can still throw hissy fit

Not bad for £24
Quote from zeugnimod :He's actually a moderator.

I'm discovering things that should still be hiden? Who knows hahaha
I remember the simple negative value handbrake setups. Now that made races interesting. :P

Also, there were some good tweak servers back in the .01 days. Since people quickly got bored of what we had.

Fun times!

Quote from JaBerXSpeed :Wow... Can't believe I remember my log-in info.

Dude! Long time!
You know you're a long time LFS player if u can remember...
beeing satisfied with its content.
Quote from Micha :You know you're a long time LFS player if u can remember...
beeing satisfied with its content.

The way people bang on about it, at times you'd have to wonder if they ever were satisfied with the content.
  • The max number of connections being increased from 6 to 8
  • An endurance league season consisting out of 10 races in the MRT :o
  • Hotlapping until two minutes before the endurance league qualification deadline to get one grid higher, only to find out six other people had uploaded a faster time as well...
  • Loosing three places in the last chicane at blackwood after successfully defending your position for eight laps.
Quote from atledreier :I think it's amazing that those old versions even WORK on a modern computer. Even then Scawen's coding skills were evident. And yes, I've been around since some of the very early public stuff. The first public, was that 'k'?

Hey Atle is G.U.R.U still around, I remember getting up at 3 am to meet with you guys online in S1 many yrs ago
Shanny
Quote from Whiskey : I'm discovering things that should still be hiden? Who knows hahaha

He actually was already a mod at RSC, I think. I guess he became inactive but still kept his status.
Quote from JJ72 :how come no one mention: Andre's original LFS league?

I think LFS is the first racing game where there's a league when it's still in demo stage?

I just saw this earlier today and got into digging some archives built up in past years - had to post this image from past.

If you've seen this before you must have been here for a long time

P.s. ...and sorry about some "parsing" I had to do - some images had vanished during the ages.....
- remember that the cars had adjustable track width
- the old keyboard steering system
- the Boomerang Rapido vs Afri Cola nightrace
Quote from ShannonN :Hey Atle is G.U.R.U still around, I remember getting up at 3 am to meet with you guys online in S1 many yrs ago
Shanny

I remember ShannonN.

And I remember Atledreier, whom was named "Maverick" at the time.

I remember GURU, of which I was a member for a short period.

I remember Gimpster from GURU of whom was the 2nd person to give me significant help in LFS. He helped me in learning to drive RWD in LFS. The first to help was Mach1 whom helped me with setting up LFS on my first evenings in the servers of S1 demo (month or 2 before the S2 demo release.)

I remember my on-server name as being "Lousy" and running training sessions with GURU when Atledreier (Maverick) told me I needed to change my name because I wasn't so lousy any more .

I remember trying to listen to Atledreier and Gimpster during those training/practice sessions in GURU on Ventrillo and not understanding anything they said because I was on 56k.
I remember great races because there were only a few people (0.2-0.3). People with the best internet connection opened the servers in their own computers. At first I used the mouse, then I got a crappy wheel.

Edit: People were also much nicer back then.
You know you're a long time LFS player if u can remember... An Update.
Quote from mrodgers : The first to help was Mach1 whom helped me with setting up LFS on my first evenings in the servers of S1 demo (month or 2 before the S2 demo release.)

MACH1 was the nicest person I've ever met in LFS. We had loads of fun on 'Rhein Main Racer' with him, Trev, the older [noobs] members, [+]top etc etc. The best times I've ever had in this game were those times.
I played the demo in August 2002 (proof) but I did not have a wheel then and i could not get used to steering with the mouse. Coming from NFS games I wanted keyboard controls.

Too bad I forgot about the game to rediscover it years later.
Quote from Vykos69 :- RSC
- Skins were made easier to put on cars and selectable ingame.
- The MacEst-SpecialAid-PC-4-XMas 03
- some of those stories hidden in those pics attached
- Henk and his written comments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8BQOEESxjw

It goes on:

-ACR promotion (link) http://jump.fm/NWRJE
-LFS World ladder
-Ocrana wallpaper
-UXRL league 2007
Attached images
lfs ladder.JPG
wallpaper.jpg
a_30.jpg
#250 - och
The sound was nice and crisp instead of muted.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG