The online racing simulator
Quote from felplacerad :You know you're a long time LFS player if you ...

... Have skins like these lying around:

nah nah, the REALLY old ZT skin looks like THAT:

[EDIT]
remember Dewushka, prolly the first girl in LFS?
And fast as hell with mouse
Attached images
ZT_karre_alt.jpg
Quote from Damo74 :"predictive steering"!!! made it "easy" for us back-then keyboard drivers. I think that was dumped at about Patch G or H or something,

It was actaully after patch E it was dumped. (Cant believe i know that)

1. LFS-Files ---- Was shut-down(?) at the release of S2, They said they were "improving it to suite s2" But it never re-opened.

2. Team BAR (Demo Drag team).

3. Version 0.1 :o (Anyone got a download link for LFS 0.1E ? I wanna try some keyboard drifting again...)
Quote from mathew4445 :
3. Version 0.1 :o (Anyone got a download link for LFS 0.1E ? I wanna try some keyboard drifting again...)

E5 was the last version with the original steering compensation. But it is not possible to unlock that version, so you'll have to be content with Blackwood only.
Quote from Gunn :E5 was the last version with the original steering compensation. But it is not possible to unlock that version, so you'll have to be content with Blackwood only.

What do you expect me to drift... ? the RB4?

XRT Ftw. So... Do you have a link? (I did say AFTER patch E)

4. Waiting for 2weeks before my S1 disk arrived ( I STILL HAVE IT! Mint condition! )

5. The "bank robbery" and "Night racing" videos on the LFS S1 Disk,
Quote from mathew4445 :What do you expect me to drift... ? the RB4?

Sure. Why not?

The reason I mentioned the unlock thing is because some old versions can be unlocked thanks to some work done by The Angry Angel. But IIRC E was too far back in the development of things and the unlocking method was different back then.

Try this link.

Here is the thread about unlocking some of the old versions.
Quote from Gunn :Sure. Why not?

The reason I mentioned the unlock thing is because some old versions can be unlocked thanks to some work done by The Angry Angel. But IIRC E was too far back in the development of things and the unlocking method was different back then.

Try this link.

Here is the thread about unlocking some of the old versions.

EDIT: Nevermind i found it. Look Here To get some old LFS versions.

EDIT2: Patches Here.
Because of youtube and the racelife video, I will now forever imagine vari with a mullet.
Preset colors and a colored steering wheel
macro clutch!
blackwood chicane = walls...

after a blackwood race, people did that stunt trick that sent your GTI flying real high when hitting a wall close to start/finish line
best bl track

i still like the old close first chicane

and i remember driving with a old momo or thrust wheel

and of course editing the interior of the car

edit: i also rember driving for a couple of month to unlock the fastest car and when i had the car there where no point needed anymore

greets,

Reint Jan
I remember watching Cedje Dervo and Limiter replays in the 0.1 before I knew I could take a corner without crashing me in a wall
I remember a replay of Risto Junnilainen with the xr gt on the rallycross track too, made me like that track too!
And then, the fights with he GTi around BL1 , and the magical setup of TR George before we knew that using a lot of caster and nearly 0° of camber was quicker lots of memories...
Trying to race around the track with people running backwards and dragracing down the back straight.

Or playing race car pinball in the chicane off the walls.

LFS's first release plan was for a 4 part release not 3.

Yes I have been here for a long time...
... the time when T1 crashes were almost a blessing, allowing to rest a few minutes from the frantic races.
Anyone got a link to the "skidmarks" thread?
I don't remember much of the community until not long before S2 was announced. I was lucky if I could connect to the internet at 13kb/s so I could never play online. I played the demo that came with PC Gamer for months, then when I finally paid for LFS I spent my time racing AI on FE Black in the beautiful old FXO with the wing.
- OMG Henk the commutator ! that was a good time
- one side of the car's skin was a rev copy
- smashing your keyboard in half after f*cking up the last sector for the 99999 time hotlapping bl gtt
I was S1 demo when I was about 12 I think.. Had to drift with a XRG because I couldn't be bothered to race to get 200 credits for a XRT lol.. And XRT had dual exhausts I think...

I think my dad told me about it because he saw it in PC gamer..
I remember old S1 (alpha demo i think) with 3d artefacts on the Blackwood back straight, with no skins available (only solid car colours) and speedo with texture from a bmw (i think). It's been a while .
When you didn't need LFS world to know which servers was occupied and who was racing on them, because you pretty much naturally knew that before you even logged on.

You know, I'm not really sure if it was or not, but I remember joining a server and Victor being in there. Like I said I wasn't sure if it was him, but it seems the chat that was going on made me think so... I tried to keep a low profile because I was a very crappy mouse user that was very new to the game and the LAST thing I wanted to do was wreck into one of the devs.
Quote from Gimpster :Trying to race around the track with people running backwards and dragracing down the back straight.

Trying to drag down the back straight with people racing!!
Really though, I only ever did it on drag servers.... really, truly!

I remember trying to keep my pbs on a bit of scrap-paper
Being 12th in the hotlaps charts (and 100% of the laps done), and neck and neck with ruditurbo. Like that is going to happen again.
Hmm, I didn't know PC Gamer was in the UK ? I know there is a uk version of PC PowerPlay.

My Green and Purple car (Which i thought looked cool at the time with the wide body kit of the XRT *vrooom*) i used for drags xD

The name "[BAR]Technology" Anyone remember me from LFS-Files ?
When everyone had a script to say "warning, tyres on track, sorry" when they hit the tyrestack in the chicane on blackwood.
-
(Tigershark) DELETED by Tigershark

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG