The online racing simulator
Oh come one, let at least this little topic be free from beeing completely destroyed. If you don`t like this topic, simply ignore it, theres not need to trying to destroy it.
I don`t see any wrong with having one single topic about it.

And just one more thing, anime is for children only?
Maybe you got right or maybe not, I`m pretty sure I wouldn`t let my kids watch people get their heads and arms poped off, aswell as looking on a serie where they swear all the time.
I belive that you mostly haven`t seen a anime, but confused it and belive we are watching cartoon network or something.
There are anime`s that is aimed for older people. I know people think it`s strange, and thinks it `s for children only, but I can asure/azure (???) you that it actually can be very brutal, tho it`s only drawings.

And to you Chris - you don`t very interested in ....boobs? I feel sorry for you mate
Quote from The Very End :Oh come one, let at least this little topic be free from beeing completely destroyed. If you don`t like this topic, simply ignore it, theres not need to trying to destroy it.
I don`t see any wrong with having one single topic about it.

And just one more thing, anime is for children only?
Maybe you got right or maybe not, I`m pretty sure I wouldn`t let my kids watch people get their heads and arms poped off, aswell as looking on a serie where they swear all the time.
I belive that you mostly haven`t seen a anime, but confused it and belive we are watching cartoon network or something.
There are anime`s that is aimed for older people. I know people think it`s strange, and thinks it `s for children only, but I can asure/azure (???) you that it actually can be very brutal, tho it`s only drawings.

And to you Chris - you don`t very interested in ....boobs? I feel sorry for you mate

I agre some people shoudl learn how to behave

Going back on topic ~NOW!!~
I know what animé is, I happily sat through a Studio Gibli movie, but I accept it is childish, it had a childish theme, something about a Princess and these... AWWM things, she glides on an glider or something. That's all I remember about the story. I just honestly think that too many people who never go out watch Animé i'm not saying people who watch animé never go out, i'm just saying, there seems to be a very broad stereotype, which you can't run away from.
Honestly, you can say the exact same thing about people who play video games (us). There's always that small percentage of people that play video games who take it too seriously. Just like anime. But that's is seriously only a small percentage. And just because something is animated has absolutely nothing to do with it being for children. Look at The Simpsons, or Family Guy. It's simply a different means of telling a story. Does that mean if a live-action film uses CGI effects, it's for kids? Saying that cartoons are for kids I don't think can be justified.

I like anime, because the story within it can be expressed alot deeper than it would be with live-action. And alot more imagination can be expressed in them as well at a much smaller budget. That's why they can release awesome shows like Last Exile, without a breaking the bank like The Lord of the Rings movies (I use both of those as examples, because they're both approx. 13 hours long).

And as far as crying, how in the hell can you justify that crying while watching an anime is sad? It tells a story, stories can be depressing. People cry when they read books. Do you find that those people are sad as well? Some people are more emotional than others. What the hell is wrong with that?

By the way, you watched Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. It was targetted towards probably ages 10 and up. The English version was licensed by Disney, so of course it's going to be alittle childish in a few ways, as are many other Ghibli films. But adults can easily enjoy it just like they enjoy Disney Pixar films.

Grave of the Fireflies, mentioned earlier, which started this whole mess, also a Ghibli film, is one that isn't really targetted for children. In fact, it would probably give kids nightmares if they saw it. Even Roger Ebert gave it great reviews and even claimed it had him cry alittle.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Some people here are actually kids, you know.
Well the Simpsons and Family Guy are 2 different things... Family Guy is a cartoon, cos if it was real films it would surely be banned from FOX network or w/e it is on. The Simpsons works on 2 levels, for kids and adults, but when I watch it, I accept I am laughing at mainly childish jokes, seriously, put an older person in there 50+ and most of them don't really like it (at least to my knoledge).

Animé has a big flaw, because the japanese take the stories to the Americans, to be re-written in English, and voiced over, this is a bad thing. The story-lines are childish because the way the Japanese live their lives is about learning lessons constantly, when the European way at least, is you learn so much as a child, then alot less growing up, or something like that. O.T : The Japanese have a great way of living, don't get me wrong, I would live like that If i could, but it's the kind of lifestyle you can't acheive, if the rest of the country isn't doing the same thing. I think the japanese language has a big barrier on Animé the japanese probobly don't know how the Films are being depicted by non Japanese people, and they are just happy their animations are gettting watched, it seems Animé is a fashion statement too. Listen to somekind of J-pop aswell (as fun as J-pop is :razz

I just want to understand why you guys can sit down, watching a cartoon, like it is in the same aspect of a movie, sure, easy for you Americans to say it is the same, because American movies are BADLY un-realistic.

Edit : Thinking about Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind I really enjoyed it, after a while of pondering if I should actually tell anyone about what I had done. Can you tell me what those things are? Orm or something like that? I don't know the correct spelling, but they look like Giant Woodlice
Anime is a genre, just as scifi is, dungeons and dragons, or the simpsons. It's a particular way of telling a particular kind of tale. If you can't recognise the different levels in the art form then it probably isn't for you. That doesn't mean that the genre has less value, it simply means that you either don't get it, don't want to get it, or aren't capable of getting it.

I'm not into anime myself, but I recognise the genre is valid. I watched Akira, many years ago, and that was the big intro for most of my anime-liking friends. I accept its validity. If you can't, you can't. However, if you're going to be vocal about denouncing it you're more than likely going to show yourself up as being artistically disinclined.
I don't class Japanese cartoons as a different genre.... Just like I wouldn't class a European Cartoon in a different genre to American cartoons.. There is a difference with Japanese cartoons, I understand people may feel violated if someone says Animé is just a cartoon, but it is no different to other cartoons from all over the world, except the way the characters are drawn but they are drawn differently in all cartoons but it's a style of drawing the characters rather than the cartoon itself, I see Manga as a genre, but not Animé, when you talk about people and arts...

O.T : The real art for me is Music, anyone can make music, you hear sounds everyday, you also draw everyday, but I don't class writing as an art, and I mean writing, in the visual form, not the actual story, poem or what ever, just the shape of text on paper, it's not art. So if the most simplest form of drawing is not an art to me, how can I consider an advanced for of drawing to be an art? Sure, Mona Lisa. Van Gogh (I love the sunflowers btw) but to be honest, you don't look or watch pictures and it gives you a melonomic feeling, but you can listen to music, and it can have this feeling on you..
Quote from BlueFlame :I don't class Japanese cartoons as a different genre.... Just like I wouldn't class a European Cartoon in a different genre to American cartoons.. There is a difference with Japanese cartoons, I understand people may feel violated if someone says Animé is just a cartoon, but it is no different to other cartoons from all over the world, except the way the characters are drawn but they are drawn differently in all cartoons but it's a style of drawing the characters rather than the cartoon itself, I see Manga as a genre, but not Animé, when you talk about people and arts...

I don't believe this. Japanese animation is taken so much more seriously in Japan than say American animations are taken in America. Same goes with animations in other regions of the world. If you ever been to Japan, you'll realize that anime is a way of life there. It's been built into the culture there. Therefore, writers tend to be much more creative. And production companies have much higher standards to then go by. If you look at the art quality side by side of a Japanese animation TV series and compare it to any TV series in any other region of the world, you'll notice a huge difference in quality. Same goes with the story and character developement. It's just so much more indepth, and this is what makes anime enjoyable for most people.

I don't see much of a difference in the way Japanese are educated compared to education in Europe or America. Actually, from what I hear, schools in Japan are alot more difficult and require alot more effort. They have things called cram schools that are ment to prepare you for entrance exams for high schools and colleges.

I won't dissagree with you that American movies are unrealistic, as anime can be as well. But as far as I know, American movies are actually quite popular in all parts of the world, just as anime is. Perhaps being unrealistic is a good thing. It's actually called being creative, and there's nothing wrong with that.
Quote from BlueFlame :...

So you just entirely proved my point. You don't even get that letterforms are an artform - fundamental to any art degree, and often the first thing you begin to study in your first semester. Way to go, demonstrating an astoundingly complete ignorance of the thing you're so keen to comment on.
I would just want to say to you Zewerr, great points.
I wished people actually could look on anime`s on a better way. And stop saying that it is for children. Well, maybe I am childrish, but I don`t think that has anything with that I like anime`s.

It`s like taste. Someone will allways like the movie X while other will hate it. People got different point of veiws on things, and we like different thing. Whats so frustrating is the people that claim that their point of veiw, or taste, is better than other people`s. I have no problem with people that look on (example) One Tree Hill, tho I hate it because it`s an awfull serie in my oppinion, I doesn`t say to a person that he got it wrong if she/he likes it. It`s all about the taste, as mentioned before.

And now I`M happely watching Bleach without actually careing what people would thing about it. I enjoy it, and each week I`m looking forward to see how the story developes. If you don`t like it, well then it`s no problem at all, just let me at least be able to see what I want without telling me whats right and whats not right.
Quote from The Very End :I would just want to say to you Zewerr, great points.
I wished people actually could look on anime`s on a better way. And stop saying that it is for children. Well, maybe I am childrish, but I don`t think that has anything with that I like anime`s.

It`s like taste. Someone will allways like the movie X while other will hate it. People got different point of veiws on things, and we like different thing. Whats so frustrating is the people that claim that their point of veiw, or taste, is better than other people`s. I have no problem with people that look on (example) One Tree Hill, tho I hate it because it`s an awfull serie in my oppinion, I doesn`t say to a person that he got it wrong if she/he likes it. It`s all about the taste, as mentioned before.

And now I`M happely watching Bleach without actually careing what people would thing about it. I enjoy it, and each week I`m looking forward to see how the story developes. If you don`t like it, well then it`s no problem at all, just let me at least be able to see what I want without telling me whats right and whats not right.

I hope the duscusion is over now im afroiad im going to get not that happy whenthis is going to continue its not only anime but i simply hate poeple who tell other poeple like you shouldnt read that is not verry smart

Isimply dont get why people make such ingornarate jugment whitout ever searchin a bit or at leat try to know more about it

So i think its wice to respect people choices at tastes caus lets face it i realy dont like Simpsons ore spongebob
i think ist to yeah uh uninstresting and quite emptyminded (only fitting discribtion i could find) but i wont scold anyone who does like simpsons,
I just say let the guy ore girl watch simpsons en let them be happy with treir taste and point of viewu there is no point in insulting ore sculting poeple about it

The same counts for anime lovers let them(me just like what they like and think whatthey think caus i like the deedgoing storys within some animes.
Im also working on my own manga it goe about a boy Whos authistic if you dont know what that is klink this link CLIKY!!!======> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism
Im working whit kids like this and i want mij manga to explain what authistic is about and how hard life can be for them,
cuas what seems simple in your eyes like talking to someone is hard for them

Hope someone find it intresting what im curently working on

please go back to topic please!
Quote from SamH :So you just entirely proved my point. You don't even get that letterforms are an artform - fundamental to any art degree, and often the first thing you begin to study in your first semester. Way to go, demonstrating an astoundingly complete ignorance of the thing you're so keen to comment on.

When I talked about letters, forget the meaning of the words... Just look at the words.. that is what I was saying. So before you talk to me about ignorance, i know my english isn't so good but if someone doesn't understand me, they ought to say, rather than just say I am ignorant, when they don't understand me.
Lerts get this tsraigh if u dont like anime dont come here and screw it for anime lovers

So of people dont like anime dont post here ok
so [pleas do as i say okay so if u dont like anime DONT POST!!
and screw other peoples fun

It realy is that simple

So the final saying dont like anime dont post in this topic

Gloing out of discusion and back on topic now!!
And we`re going back topic now

Chris, or you other for that matter to - what do you expect and hope of Huego Mondo act that is going on on Bleach atm?

Since I`v readed the mange, I`v got tons of moments I`m waiting to get animated.

And it will also be funny to see the apperance of Nel (Nelinel) in next episode.
I gotta be careful what I read here. It sounds like you guys are way ahead of where I am in Bleach. I have to slowly wait for them to release new episodes into the U.S. Or I can watch fansubs, but I rarely ever do that.

I just finished up Utawarerumono this morning. It has it's ups and downs, but definately is a good show.
Oh, Ok, from now on I will write SPOILERS with big letters so you know when I`m going to mention something that may spoil something for you.
What episode are you currently on?
I just finished up the 2nd season (episode 52). I was watching it on Cartoon Network, but they no longer have anymore episodes to play as of right now. So they have recently replaced it with something that appears to be even better. They're now playing Death Note.
Oh, you got a looong way to go
The current episode is 145 lol..
Quote from The Very End :Oh, you got a looong way to go
The current episode is 145 lol..

SPOILER(maybe not sure)

Yup but for the Huego mundo act i realy licke it makes me think of what woudl hapend if there was realm like that with superevil espada

That woudl be hella scary!!

Like grimjow crabing you by the trought jikes!!!
That dude is scary but Ulruqioura is even scarier
Ulquirra is the most "successfull" evil person in Bleach. You hate him, hes bad, but still it`s you`r favorite person. He looks like...well totaly emo rofl, but still I like the character.
my2 cents.
Anime is like movies, lots of genres, childish , serious, and serial(shows like Lost) types. So, anyone seen Beck ? That was a really good mood anime, and its music was inspired by RHCP ... I heard, that the english version is almost as good as the english. Oh, and I think my 2 favorite anime movies are Ninja Scroll: wind ninja chronicles and Samurai X: Tsuiokuhen OVA the 1st one is just a bloody movie from the start with superb violence ;D The second one is really beautiful and sad...
Evidently BlueFlames experience in the world of anime is limited to Nausica. Even that he mistook for a lighthearted childrens tale. Talk about someone who can't se the wood for the trees. illepall

What is wrong with showing your feelings? Is BlueFlame so scared of what other people might think that to him showing compassion for a character in a movie is somehow wrong?

Besides for me Grave of the Fireflies just hits a nerv. I have a little sister and I did save her from drowning once.

For anime lovers not getting girls... I happen to be married.

If you like anything just because it gets you cozy with the other sex then you are a twerp. You say you like music and everyone knows about groupies

By the way more girls are into anime than sim racing so...

PS.
Forgot some titles from my list:

Wings of Honneamise
Ninja Scroll
Detonator Orgun
Dominion Tank Police
Project Ako
Garzey's Wing

These are on VHS so they don't get much use and are gathering dust.
Spoiler:

just saw Bleach 146 you dont realy get introduses to nel you just se lilttle her crying and runing that sucks

I was hoping the anime watchers woudl get to know her
evilgenius and March Hare both bring up good points. I for one have no problems with women. And practically everyone I know that likes anime has a girlfriend or wife, and quite the healthy social life. And quite a few of them actually are girls.

Oh, and BTW, your right about Samurai X OVA, it's absolutely amazing! I made the mistake of watching it before I watched the TV series. I ended up watching it again after the TV series, and it made it two times better!

Haven't seen Beck yet though. But I was planning on it eventually. Right now, it's not readily available for me to watch, so it'll have to wait.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Spoiler:

just saw Bleach 146 you dont realy get introduses to nel you just se lilttle her crying and runing that sucks

I was hoping the anime watchers woudl get to know her

Where did you see episode 146? I canot find it, and didn`t belive it was going on the air before the evening?

Do u like anime? (I do)
(2006 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG