The online racing simulator
Hmm I only saw Scawen and Victor in the pictures, did Eric not make it?
Nope, he didn't Tweek. It was posted earlier that only Scawen & Victor could make it.
Quote from felplacerad :So, did the devs utter any new info?

You needed to be there to find out
Quote from P1lot :Dedication award goes to - Da Hoe, who drove all the way accross (28 hours)... wonder if he's got home yet :Eyecrazy:

actually the way home went a lot better, took around 10 hours, so it was only 24 hours total . but it was worth it, had much fun
Quote from Fordman :You needed to be there to find out

Quote from Fordman :You needed to be there to find out

LMFAO!

EDIT: I dont spam, but I had a dream about some of you last night, and get that damn dodgy picture of me off there!
Ah man I just slept for 12 hours (the hotel bed Saturday night was like a rock and not brilliant for my bruised body). Good idea for splitting the thread Scawen.

Quote from Widdowmaker :Bob m8 - I hadnt a clue what stratergy you wanted to run, went for 15 minute stints and you left me out there for ages. My arms were so numb after the stint that I could not hold a bottle of drink, pins and needles in my hands, and nearly poured it down my chest, so I left you out a bit longer.....

Well I timed my first stint and it was nearer to 20 mins, so I left you out for precisely 22mins each time (going on two stints each). It was difficult to communicate since one of us was always in the kart and with the helmet on you can't make conversation during switchovers. My second stint seemed to last about an hour, but I think was only 25mins (difficult to check your watch even on the straights... kept drifting into the barrier).

My hands weren't much better, I didn't wear gloves for the first run and my thumbs weren't happy about that (couldn't move them for 10 mins). The second time I tried the gloves, which did prevent the thumb aching, but since the inside was so worn it gave me two marvellous blisters which went down overnight tonight.

Did you disappear straight after the karting, I don't remember seeing you afterwards in the pub? Hope the drive home wasn't too painful.
Quote from Bob Smith :I don't remember seeing you afterwards in the pub?

Do you remember much from the pub(s)? Apart from a few blurry highlights like the bouncer nicking your pint, and the bartender who looked (according to you, Karl and Will) exactly like Victor.

Victor - were you working in a Northampton bar on Saturday night?
haha, when that bouncer nicked his pint lol. Quite a moment. I'll have a proper look at all the pictures when i get home from work because everyone is coming in and like what's that etc. But why do i look misserable on them all? lol. I did actually have a good time.
I know what Tristan was dreaming about

And I'm sure that he was the snorer....

3j
Attached images
HPIM1123.jpg
I have a tendancy to agree there 3J. It was either Tristan or Will
it was a good day. cant wait unitll next year
Man i wish i had gone! i saw Senna's avatar today a kart track which looked like the Northampton GP and it said he was from northants so i asked him and realised there had been a huge meet at the track.
glad you guys had fun being a person who goes there about three times a year on average i wish i could have gone with you.
Did anyone record any footage, Pictures are starting to get a bit 'plain'? (apart from the editted ones )
i belive so, there was one guy running about with a vid-cam, and of course wills helmet cam

just waiting for the stuff to be uploaded
HURRY UP GUYS!!!lol
Yes there is footage, just lots of it :yikes: Had a quick look, around 1st 2 mins, and there is a almost 90min tape used.

Obviously, I need to get this onto the Comp, edit the bits where it points at the floor and then get a file size that i can upload in less than half a day. So please be paitent on this. Tristan also has the Helmet footage that he is currently playing with.

Regards

Fordie
Yes I have the helmet cam footage.

The good news is I recorded all of it!!!!! yayness
The bad news is the camera was severly affected by vibrations, range from reciever, and battery voltage.

So, I recorded just over an hour of footage. I can use about 20 minutes of footage. But most of it is out of the kart. I think I might have one or two complete laps (with only mild break-down during it), and clips of certain corners.

Obviously there's no need showing the same corners over and over again, so we're left with little usable interesting footage

Next year, I suggest we do some experiments. Mount the camera on rubber to damp vibrations. Ensure we get sufficient range on the camera to get the whole track. And record in such a way that we can adjust the tuning as we go - part of the problem was that after about 15 minutes of driving the tuning changed slighly, resulting in only static thereafter (obviously I reset the tuning between Will's stints).

So yeah. Send me footage, photos, ideas, and I'll try to knock out a film in the next day or two. Ideas include methods of showing the footage, music suggestions and the like.

Edit: 997 posts. 3 to go to 1000. Will I get there today (likely) or tomorrow (in which case I'll have to ignore your pleas for replies :P)
Ah man, this is when i'd like to live closer to you guys. I've had a karting rage
for a few months myself and would have looooved to be there. So, who
still hurts ? Did they have any foam insert for the seats ? I know the last place
i went had such high and sustained Gs that i couldn't keep my head up at the
end hehe. ALWAYS turning...

Btw, wtf is satan doing there ?!! Oh and Victor, i have long hair and wonder
how i'd pull off the short hair thing sometimes. You almost look like a clothing
catalog model in that last pic

edit: not sure why the images get sorted like this...
Attached images
Dud2Stud2.jpg
LFSdevil.jpg
Quote from tristancliffe :
Edit: 997 posts. 3 to go to 1000. Will I get there today (likely) or tomorrow (in which case I'll have to ignore your pleas for replies :P)

You know what would be funny ? To 'shut you up' at 999 Ok, so it
wouldn't be that funny and i don't know how to mute people, yet, but
you'd still laugh with me, right ? hehe...
Got back late last night, about 350 miles driven in the company car, 45 mins of karting, and a tough day on Sunday as well, I slept for 12 hours straight last night

Great day, really good to meet you all.

Good racing with you Schiz, for a first time karting you did bloomin great, we all did I think. Dunno if you left me out for longer on my first stint, it felt like it, kept looking for the pit board
I still hurt, I think we all have identical hunchback bruises, some worse than others looking at that pic.

Thanks to Fordman for organising it all, and everyone else for turning up and putting on a good show. I thoroughly enjoyed it :up:

edit : for next time, I was thinking Birmingham wheels, not just because it is nearer to me , but its outdoor karting, 75mph twin engines Being heavier than the next driver makes less of a difference (apparently, Ive yet to go).
There is a hotel in stones throw of the track called F1 hotel or something, theres a big sign outside advertising rooms for £25 per night. Also plenty of pubs to choose from. A friend of mine is a race director at the track which could help. website
Tristan do it in a LFS style race Name tags like LFS and the results being displayed at the end like lfs Also have the "Race Starts" text at the start

Keiran
Quote from keiran :Tristan do it in a LFS style race Name tags like LFS and the results being displayed at the end like lfs Also have the "Race Starts" text at the start

Keiran

nooo don't talk to him. Don't let him get 1000 posts
Grr, I missed all this conversat-ion! Yeah, judging from all that chat I must've been REALLY quiet on the day! Oh well, it was still really enjoyable all the same.
omg tristan that strange look video is scary!!!

Looks like alot of fun
hurry up tristan, we want some footage
I'm just hoping you are faster with this than on the track, I lapped you so often... stopped counting after 10...
3j

LFS Karting 2005 - Results / Pictures
(288 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG