The online racing simulator
? Did he just post that already ?
Quote from tristancliffe :? Did he just post that already ?

He just posted Scawen. Not that he had about 4 laps to make his order, then another 3 laps to eat and share with Victor LOL
Ohok.
@ Tristan Excuse to spam and up your totals LOL

@everybody else. You have to give major thanks to TAA. Look at it this way, he was using a camcorder that didn;t belong to him, and well, some footage he got, even i was shocked and said to myself, never again

He done an excellent job and maybe with his own camcorder he might of taken a few more risks.

But next time, i will be camaraman with my cam, and well, I have excellent life insurance or at least the wife tells me
Seems like the helmet came was a bit distorted :-(

What sort of camera was that thing anyway?? just a really little camera or a really expensive little camera?
Just a little camera, screwed onto a small strip of steel, and screwed onto the plastic lip of Will's hat. I think it should have been mounted on rubber to damp vibrations, but we didn't know that until afterwards.

The first time we saw the camera output was at about 2pm, and it was perfect - but we were carrying the helmet, and it was only about 30ft from the receiver. On track, it was moving a lot, and at times went nearly 200ft from the receiver.

Next year we hope to spend a bit more on the camera, and have the reciever somewhere more central (or at least without any walls in the way).

Sorry
Quote from tristancliffe :Just a little camera, screwed onto a small strip of steel, and screwed onto the plastic lip of Will's hat. I think it should have been mounted on rubber to damp vibrations, but we didn't know that until afterwards.

The first time we saw the camera output was at about 2pm, and it was perfect - but we were carrying the helmet, and it was only about 30ft from the receiver. On track, it was moving a lot, and at times went nearly 200ft from the receiver.

Next year we hope to spend a bit more on the camera, and have the reciever somewhere more central (or at least without any walls in the way).

Sorry

Don't say sorry, it was the best you could do. The quality's not a problem, you can still get the essence of Will's driving. I think everyone appreciates the effort that went in for the meet. It's great to see what's happened.
i would have mounted it on rubber but because of the weight of the camera (almost nothing) it would still vibrate, and wouldnt get damped atall. the only reason why there was the break up is because the computer was inside, and like tristan said 200m away from the furthest part of the circuit.

there were hardly any vibrations, simply i didnt think of getting tristan to put his comp in the pits

sorry! would have been good to have seen fordmans middle finger popping up when i was behind him
Fantastic job on the vid guys.. really took me back there.. without the backache
Quote from dUmAsS :great vid! glad theres none of my bad driving in it

There is! At the start, and you being nudged out of the way on the kink just after the start-finish line.

He's number 10 (as I am) in the vid if you didn't know...
Hey guys. Just took a look at the video and it looked like it was amazing fun. Wish there wasnt an Ocean between us or i woulda probably went
yeah still not too bad you can see where the driver is going

amazing you could get shots at all really
cool vid guys. It was indeed a great event and hope we could do another meet again perhaps....a bit more south perhaps? :P
I think there are currently 3 tracks on the shortlist for next year:

Whilton Mill: Only about 20 minutes from Northampton, so towards the middle ish of England. Nice track, competative prices apparently, and reasonable karts... Can see the whole track. Facilities not brilliant though... Need cars afterwards to get to nightlife...

Daytona, Milton Keynes: About half an hour from Northampton, slightly more southern. Great track layout, but the track itself is getting rough around the edges. Also, spectators can only see about 2 or 3 corners out of about 15, and they aren't especially exciting corners either. Very good 'conference' facilities. Easy to get to nightlife afterwards I think.

Buckmore Park, Kent: Near Dartford (Tunnel) and Brands Hatch. On a motorway, so not easy to walk to a pub afterwards, and we'd all need to get there via car (or possibly a bus?). Brilliant track, with Twin Engine prokarts (I forget what Daytona and Whilton offer), although the conference facilites aren't quite as good as Daytona. Also, it's stuck in the south east of England, so some people might have problems justifying the journey...

Can any one think of other, preferably outdoor, karting tracks that would be suitable? If so post suggestions, and a little description of why they might be a good bet.
dayona and whilton are twin engine karts aswell. daytona nor buckmore nor whilton have 'confrence' facilities like GP did (that we didnt use) but whilton and daytona have a bar and vending machines etc. the bar at whilton sells very cheap drink aswell. buckmore is the best track by far, but the fact that its miles from anywhere is kinda annoying...

obviously people will suggest places that are nearest to them, but we need to be fair

daytona is 210 for 2 hours
whilton is 160 for 2 hours
buckmore is 147 for 1.5 hours
whilton seems good. but how much of a drive is it to get to the nightlife?
theres a bar at the track which will be available until 1am and its very nice, in the style of an old mill (its in an old mill, hence whilton mill) which is a few metres from the track. its a great place to chat and play pool and sit outside/whatever. we can then go to northampton in a few taxi minibus things which is about £4 a peice last time i went. its not quite as good of a track as byckmore, but there arent many pubs in the middle of the motorway, and buckmore is a little more costly...
Quote from tristancliffe :I think there are currently 3 tracks on the shortlist for next year:

Whilton Mill: Only about 20 minutes from Northampton, so towards the middle ish of England. Nice track, competative prices apparently, and reasonable karts... Can see the whole track. Facilities not brilliant though... Need cars afterwards to get to nightlife...

Daytona, Milton Keynes: About half an hour from Northampton, slightly more southern. Great track layout, but the track itself is getting rough around the edges. Also, spectators can only see about 2 or 3 corners out of about 15, and they aren't especially exciting corners either. Very good 'conference' facilities. Easy to get to nightlife afterwards I think.

Buckmore Park, Kent: Near Dartford (Tunnel) and Brands Hatch. On a motorway, so not easy to walk to a pub afterwards, and we'd all need to get there via car (or possibly a bus?). Brilliant track, with Twin Engine prokarts (I forget what Daytona and Whilton offer), although the conference facilites aren't quite as good as Daytona. Also, it's stuck in the south east of England, so some people might have problems justifying the journey...

Can any one think of other, preferably outdoor, karting tracks that would be suitable? If so post suggestions, and a little description of why they might be a good bet.

there is one in hertford not a million miles away from me.. i will try and get up there in the next couple of months and check the place out. (never been there before but i know of it...) and i believe nightlife is a short walk away.

the one in milton keynes sounds good. would be far easier for me to get to (surprizingly..). i should also have a car by the next meet so i would not mind being a driver for some london (ish) area people. (assuming that the next one wont happen till atleast June / July)
Im trying to get a job at Wilton, the track is fun i know a couple of people who work there, the small track is a bit thin but a fast track it has some sceary corners on it!

I dont think its possible to arrange arrive and drive on the big track they have there, ive been on it twice when i got my licence its a fantastic track and a difficult one too.
Boyndie up here in Scotland They have pro karts and am sure they would hold a endurance race

Keiran

edit// Heres a picture of it http://www.harb85.freeserve.co.uk/gallery/ga1.jpg (well thats what it was like when I use to race karts now its been done up and looks like a far nicer track to drive
Quote from franky500 :assuming that the next one wont happen till atleast June / July

What?!? You mean it isnt next weekend? :o
haha like i said people will always go for the one most local (proved above). the only reason i decided to go to GP was because i thought the 1st meet would only be a few of us local lads...

BTW all i have looked into brummie wheels and red lodge, brummie was stupidly expensive (and its in birmingham) and red lodge dont have twin engined pro karts. thought of a track called 3 sisters in manchester (schiz wont have far to go ) but its a little out of the way for most people to go, and the airports arent great around there i think. really we are looking at midlands/london outdoor tracks with twin engine karts...
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :really we are looking at midlands/london outdoor tracks with twin engine karts...

i know a couple of good tracks in cyprus if thats any good
tracks in cyprus arent really very useful for a UK meet

LFS Karting 2005 - Results / Pictures
(288 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG