The online racing simulator
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :sidepants - i wanted to drive at brummie wheels a few years ago but couldnt because i had to be a member or something... i have an MSA National A licence so im not dangerously out of control. can i have an arrive and drive with u and mantis sometime?!?! its right near the trainstation yea?

that would be fantastic man!

the trouble is that the arrive n drive is done on a separate circuit which is rubbish using heavily restricted karts with no timing system. it's a total waste of money and i disagree with it's existance totally.

however we can get on the main circuit on a test session, kinda like a&d but more fun, will atttempt to get better price from the boss if we do it

The membership is a cunning VAT n tax thing, but all it is is being given a card when you sign on, therefore joining the club. a few years ago they ran full MSA events, however the cost of insuance and meeting the MSA regulations meant that it was no longer financially viable to run them there. I'm pushing to get the MSA stuff back, but no-one listens to me
I went to drive the autocross layout of the karting track that Will made back in August and realised just how off it was. After a brief word I've been given the go ahead to try and improve it myself and here are the results.

It's not finished yet, but I'm posting it here to get feedback so that between us all we can get it perfect. Hope it brings back the right memories.

Oh and it just shows how awesomely fast the MRT5 is around a circuit like this. Really want to try one in real life now. NB: Don't try the FO8 here, you'll be doing 3 point turns everywhere...
Attached files
BL3_GP Karting v2 (Bob).lyt - 1.6 KB - 222 views
Number 1 rule, always provide a Screenshot when releasing a layout.

Better? I would agree but in this case we already know what the track is supposed to look like.
I think "hairpin" t1 isnt sharp enough tbh...
Goodness... that is a very tight and small track, I thought it had more turns than that.... heh.

This makes me want tire walls with plastic panels just like for indoor karting That would be very nice to have over concrete walls :zombie:
just after the harpin in the mid section u have left out the little fuel bay bit that u have to swerve around. also at turn 1 there is the little left then the big left, not 3 like u have there otherwise great work maybe when its done we can have a reunion race!
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :just after the harpin in the mid section u have left out the little fuel bay bit that u have to swerve around.

I'm very short on pictures and you don't pay THAT much attention when racing... so since you started this you're welcome to edit it.

Quote from ayrton senna 87 :also at turn 1 there is the little left then the big left, not 3 like u have there otherwise great work

Do you think the bend in the straight is too tight? It didn't seem enough before. The more I tightened that, the tighter T1 becomes. But thanks, it's much more raceable than before.

Tristan was giving me good hand drawings over MSN where he thought things should be changed. Perhaps you could just draw some lines onto that screenie in paint?

Quote from ayrton senna 87 :maybe when its done we can have a reunion race!

I'll set my server up running the track once people are happy with the layout.
Good work Bob Not tried it yet but it looks good, could be quite interesting with 10 MRTs going round it

Quote from ayrton senna 87 :can i have an arrive and drive with u and mantis sometime?!?! its right near the trainstation yea?

I cant wait to get in those karts! The sooner we can arrange it the better
Ive not driven at wheels yet so I cant comment on the speed of the things, and by the sound of it, Ive got much less kart experience than some people here
Looking again at the picture of the track I posted, I get what you mean about the tyres as well. The ones on the apexes are a little odd, curbs would be better there.
Are times relatively accurate for the course? Or do you have to leave the MRT in 1st gear to match real times
Bob, that track layout is really great, shame the MRT makes it seem so small... any chance you've got an MRT setup that even slightly resembles the karts we were using?

I've tried myself, but using a locked diff and rear only braking, I still end up with a set that either ploughs into the wall with understeer or spins rediculously on gas or brake...

I don't think that any LFS settings could get my MOMO to produce the sort of forces we coped with that day...lol

MOMO blisters
Quote from Tweaker :Are times relatively accurate for the course? Or do you have to leave the MRT in 1st gear to match real times

Hopefully the times would be similar to using an MRT5 at the real track.

The karts went around in 27 seconds, the MRT5 can do it in 19, but then the MRT also has 64hp vs 5.5hp. You'd expect it to be quicker. It does weight three times that of a kart though. So maybe if we could reduce it to about 17bhp it would give semi-comparable times.

Quote from ScHiZ :Bob, that track layout is really great, shame the MRT makes it seem so small... any chance you've got an MRT setup that even slightly resembles the karts we were using?

I've tried myself, but using a locked diff and rear only braking, I still end up with a set that either ploughs into the wall with understeer or spins rediculously on gas or brake...

In short don't bother. Use a set that works well for the MRT5, you might as well enjoy yourself and use the performance of the car. I've done a 19.65 with my set (attached) and I've beaten the 2nd split time from that lap by 0.4 seconds and then I spun. I'm sure somebody good could get into the sub 19 seconds area.

Quote from ScHiZ :I don't think that any LFS settings could get my MOMO to produce the sort of forces we coped with that day...lol

MOMO blisters

Hehe, my skin hasn't grown back on my hands yet either.
Attached files
MRT5_Bob Autocross.set - 132 B - 957 views
I know "very" old thread, but don't suppose anybody still have this video somewhere. I have looked high and low through my collection, and missing this one

Cheers

Fordie

LFS Karting 2005 - Results / Pictures
(288 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG