The online racing simulator
in that case i will cancel the free flight and 5 star hotel for upto 50 people :P..

seriously though.. i think at the moment the one in milton keynes sounds best unless people have better suggestions.
Doing a google milton keynes aint to bad location for people flying in to Luton. I'm 503 miles away so I'll have to invesigate methods of traveling Could get the mega bus for £1.50 although last time I got the mega bus for an hour and a half journey I was bored out of my skull :o Surely flying can't be expensive from Aberdeen to Luton ??

Keiran
Buy a book for £3, and your total travel price is £4.50. And if it's a good book, you won't be bored.

Or just fly... But the book might help there too...
but for £3 I could get a few big bags of sweets from pound land

Keiran
i'll hopefully try and get to the next one!

glad you had fun
at daytona u can only see like 2 corners and its £210 for 2 hours. great track to drive, but seeing karts go by every 1min plus isnt good.
Just caught up with this thread again

Great video! Thanks for all the effort that went into that, really well done.
I dont recognise myself in a kart yet but Ill have another look, out of the kart the bald head is hard to miss really dont worry, I bought a hat.

Quote from ayrton senna 87 : BTW all i have looked into brummie wheels and red lodge, brummie was stupidly expensive (and its in birmingham) and red lodge dont have twin engined pro karts.

Ahem, whats wrong with Birmingham? :sadbanana
Grand Prix Karting where my friend works is £147 for 90 minutes. Great track , numerous hotels in the area starting from £25 per night, ample night life, as central as it gets, what more could you want? We dont riot everyday you know
looks great, good price too, but the fact u can only have 12 teams makes it a little difficult. definately on the shortlist tho. i thought it was more expensive tbh

EDIT - Just seen the MSA track on the gallery, looks a little corprate'ish with the tyres on the sides. shame, it looked alright
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :looks great, good price too, but the fact u can only have 12 teams makes it a little difficult. definately on the shortlist tho. i thought it was more expensive tbh

The cost at Grand Prix Karting Birmingham is basically £49 per person per half hour in the twin engine karts. The maximum on track at any one time is 12 karts, therefore in a 2 hr endurance race you have 4 per team so 48 drivers can be accomodated.

The 2 hr endurance race cost is fixed, so for a little more you can run smaller team numbers or for less money (and sadly therefore track time) run larger teams. And they're twin engine karts ~70mph.

Quote from ayrton senna 87 :EDIT - Just seen the MSA track on the gallery, looks a little corprate'ish with the tyres on the sides. shame, it looked alright

I thought the point of the tyres is to protect you from major injury.

The track presents a sufficient challenge for most drivers, it hosted the Search for Grand Prix Driver tests and having been there before, I think it's a good drive.
Quote from sidepants :The cost at Grand Prix Karting Birmingham is basically £49 per person per half hour in the twin engine karts. The maximum on track at any one time is 12 karts, therefore in a 2 hr endurance race you have 4 per team so 48 drivers can be accomodated.

The 2 hr endurance race cost is fixed, so for a little more you can run smaller team numbers or for less money (and sadly therefore track time) run larger teams. And they're twin engine karts ~70mph.

I thought the point of the tyres is to protect you from major injury.

4 drivers per team is a little too much, we can have 30 TEAMS at daytona.

tyres on the track we need kerbs and proper outdoor 'furniture' i went through a fence at 60mph and got knocked out, and look at me now, just fine!! (just to pre-empt any jokes, i know what u are thinking )
Quote from sidepants :The cost at Grand Prix Karting Birmingham is basically £49 per person per half hour in the twin engine karts. The maximum on track at any one time is 12 karts, therefore in a 2 hr endurance race you have 4 per team so 48 drivers can be accomodated.

Hate to break it to you but pro karts dont do 70mph especially hire ones they weigh a tonne.

Keiran
Lol ayrton senna 87 (can never remember your name )

When my Dad raced gear box karts he cleared a fence which was about waist height and landed where the spectators stand. Never hit any of them but they were lucky.

Keiran
Quote from keiran :Hate to break it to you but pro karts dont do 70mph especially hire ones they weigh a tonne.

Keiran

i was going to say that but everyone would have thought 'cocky bugger' or 'trying to be a know it all' something along those lines...
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :i was going to say that but everyone would have thought 'cocky bugger' or 'trying to be a know it all' something along those lines...

someone had to say it before everyone ended up going there and finding 70mph seems a lot slower than what people thought
Quote from keiran :Hate to break it to you but pro karts dont do 70mph especially hire ones they weigh a tonne.

Keiran

why would you need to put that? I know it isn't 70mph at all, but unless you've driven rapid karts before, you're not gonna notice the difference

i know how fast they go, i'm a race director at the track. it's an approximation, to make it more exciting for those who aren't lucky enough to have raced proper pro-karts. there isn't a karting centre in the UK that is actually honest about their karts top speed.

and they're far better than those rubbish indoor ones.

besides, if it is speed that you are after, why not go do some Superkarting at Lydd International?
seriously, u WOULD notice the difference between a 2 stroke and a hire kart, nothing against hire karts tho they are great fun! i have seen some tracks say 80mph twin engine pro karts :/ sidepants have u been to many other kart circuits? (MSA ones?)
70mph? Approximation? 50 more like (maybe 55), which is quite a bit different to 70.
ooh, i met a guy with a r1 engined go-kart, it was stupidly quick, and really long/wide, to aid stability.
there is also a guy in reading with a zxr400 engined one, but i dunno if he finished it
Somebody I work with went the national final of the Schuco Challenge (construction industry thing) at Whilton Mill, and they raced the two-stroke racing karts on the outdoor circuit (jammy bastard, I missed the national final by one place).
Anyway, point being that the two-stroke karts can go 70mph, twin engine karts are a different thing, generally being hire karts with two 4 stroke engines on. Not sure exactly how fast they go, but 50mph sounds about right.
-
(ayrton senna 87) DELETED by ayrton senna 87
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :seriously, u WOULD notice the difference between a 2 stroke and a hire kart

hell yeah i know there's a difference! i am not denying that. my only objection was that it seemed like a dead patronising thing to say about the speed. i'm not a fool...

tell you guys what, next time the radar speed gun is on site and i'm in work, i'll get some accurate speeds for you. i know it's not 70mph, but 50mph is a little slow for these karts tristan. somewhere inbetween i would say.

Quote from ayrton senna 87 : sidepants have u been to many other kart circuits? (MSA ones?)

not through lack of trying man, but i have neither the spare money or time to do it. i love karting and should i have the cash i'd spend it all racing. (only reason i didn't come to the karting event is no money n had to be in work watchin others race karts) however if anyone wants to give me a go please feel free! fully intend to get myself a Superkart when funds are sufficent and enter the 250cc Division 2. one day....

i reckon that it's just a ruse not to come to G.P. karting cos you guys know you couldn't beat mantis9 and I hehehehehe
Quote from sidepants :tell you guys what, next time the radar speed gun is on site and i'm in work, i'll get some accurate speeds for you. i know it's not 70mph, but 50mph is a little slow for these karts tristan. somewhere inbetween i would say.

i place my bet on 55mph!! +/-2mph

Quote from sidepants :
i reckon that it's just a ruse not to come to G.P. karting cos you guys know you couldn't beat mantis9 and I hehehehehe

damn :hide: you found us all out!

anyway, anywhere we go we will be using twin engine karts, more than double the power of GP karts means weight is much less of a disadvantage this time.

hey if we go to whilton ill be batting round in my 100 Nat, Scawen is first on the list for a go (for research purposes) any maybe u can go sidepants. (i have no idea on your size/height so i cant gaurantee u would fit in my seat!)
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :i place my bet on 55mph!! +/-2mph

lmao

Quote from ayrton senna 87 : hey if we go to whilton ill be batting round in my 100 Nat, Scawen is first on the list for a go (for research purposes) any maybe u can go sidepants. (i have no idea on your size/height so i cant gaurantee u would fit in my seat!)

i'll hold you to that!

either way, i just wanna race you guys for real. mantis9 has been telling me all about it n how much fun it was, so get organisin.

or if you like i can organise one at G.P Karting for you all (assuming the karts are fast enough for you )
For your information I've raced karts for 3 years. I started off in a single engined honda cadet. These karts use the same old cement mixer engine bolted on to them twin engined pro karts. I've had the chance to be out and race people in the hire pro karts which I can safely say I destroyed with just one engine!!! and the people in them were proper karters and the karts were looked after by proper karters. I reckon 45mph - 50mph (if theres a tail wind ) You seriously can't be telling me that my honda cadet was doing 60 odd mph. If it was doing 60odd mph then my Rotax Max must have been doing 150mph !!!
I've also had the chance to put my Jnr Rotax Max on track with a proper racing pro kart and I could take more than half the stright out of the pro kart with the sheer acceleration. Even the proper racing pro karts are lucky to go 55-60mph.
Just before someone says "its not about speed" I know it's not. Some of the best racing I had was in the cadets but my point is somoene tried to lie to promote a bussiness and I can't stand that. If I went there excpecting 70mph I want 70mph!! Compared to the tracks Aryton Senna 87 has posted that one is to "commercial" looking if you know what I mean. A track with scenery is a good track and am sure they are proper MSA tracks so they have to meet the standards

Keiran
edit://
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :more than double the power of GP karts means weight is much less of a disadvantage this time.

It still makes a big enough difference so if I can make it I will be passing you on the strights being a super light weight To bring my Max up to the weight required with me in it I needed half a tank of fuel and 25kgs of lead weight on the seat :o Only problem with being small is hire karts seats can be massive and I rattle about in them
sidepants - i wanted to drive at brummie wheels a few years ago but couldnt because i had to be a member or something... i have an MSA National A licence so im not dangerously out of control. can i have an arrive and drive with u and mantis sometime?!?! its right near the trainstation yea?

rofl yea kieran, but still less of a difference to GP (the indoor one) at whilton its about 0.2 per stone, but the track is twice aslong so the difference is half that of GP. anyway, you are banned, if you are that light!

25kg haha, where the hell did you put all that weight? i bet your helmet was made from lead! down here lead is £4 per kilo, so that would make your wallet lighter aswell!
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :
25kg haha, where the hell did you put all that weight? i bet your helmet was made from lead! down here lead is £4 per kilo, so that would make your wallet lighter aswell!

I've got a massive roll of lead weight Dad picked it up cheap so we made it to fit the kart took a while of beating it with a hammer . I had two bits covering half my seat, a bit on the floor under the seat and a bit bolted on the seat at the front :o The seat was a nightmare to remove it weighed so much The weight on the back of the seat was good because when it rained I moved it up higher

Keiran

LFS Karting 2005 - Results / Pictures
(288 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG