The online racing simulator
ok some of the best ones:

pic 1: Will Dendy cruising along
pic 2: Scotty trying very hard to keep 3rd
pic 3: The 4Sight Racing Team (from left to right: Andyc, Swifty, W.Dendy, Scotty)
argh i can't manage attachments anymore?
just an observation on the day. not on piccys! :oops:

scotty pls can u send me all of the pics in hi res?
Will Dendy Cruising:

Scotty trying to keep 3rd:

The 4Sight Racing Team (From left > Right: Andyc, Swifty, W.Dendy, Scotty)

The on board camera

Tristan in the chair

Turn 1

A view of everyone from above

The Track:

Scawen puts the chair to the test:
if anyone wants hi-res versions pm me
more captions
Attached images
crap.JPG
YAY, footage off Camara and now on PC. 1 Problem.........ITS 5GB :yikes:

Divx it? and if so, codec 5 or 6?

Thanks

Fordie

PS - I only need to get this down to a 700mb CD to send to Tristan
Well is it sliced up? Nobody wants to watch something that just takes forever to get to a certain part (Because raw camera footage can be quite boring).

If not already, I would cut it up a bit to make a smaller size. And make two versions, high and low quality.

What is the total play length of 5GB?
Quote from Fordman :YAY, footage off Camara and now on PC. 1 Problem.........ITS 5GB :yikes:

stick it on a duel layer dvd

you shouldnt really want to try compress it because then we lose loads of quality on the 2nd compression
Quote from Tweaker :Well is it sliced up? Nobody wants to watch something that just takes forever to get to a certain part (Because raw camera footage can be quite boring).

If not already, I would cut it up a bit to make a smaller size. And make two versions, high and low quality.

What is the total play length of 5GB?

Its raw Footage. I am sending it to Tristan to Cut / slice up. 5gb, is 22mins long. Its FULL DV Quality.

And don't have a DVD Burner

Fordie
Ahhh ok, well upload it to him or something :P
Quote from Tweaker :Ahhh ok, well upload it to him or something :P

:ices_rofl
ah 5gb for 22 mins. uber quality divx 6 it
Use Xvid. It's free.
Quote from dUmAsS :ah 5gb for 22 mins. uber quality divx 6 it

Uber Quality, yes. Its full Screen, Full DV Quality. OK Divx 6 it is then

Thanks
Use a bitrate calculator so that you don't waste any space on that CD! Probably best to aim for a couple of MB just to play safe. Files tend to be slightly oversized just when you don't want them to be (unless you use constant bitrate, but it's not the 90's anymore)

It could be useful to resize the image a bit, the video wouldn't need to be any larger than 640, that would help it compress better.

Depending on the grainyness of the image a noise filter could prove useful too.
Couple of Teasers
Just reading through this thread, and noticed something very very important was missed, so I will fill you in.

After receiving various phone calls about Will, Tristan and Scotty being homeless, they made a move to my hotel. Now I will try my best to describe what can only be perceived as one of the funniest moments.

You know in scary movies, when people walk across gravel, you here a slow slow quick quick slow foot steps. Well Will done this. I was crying with laughter by the time. And then Will poked his head around the wall, like playing peek a boo. Another moment when I wished my camara battery was working.

Anyway, onto a little snippets.

1st - The Cyberseat

2nd - A little snippet of the karting. The start, and into the Famous Turn 1, and Will and Swifties pitstop stratagy

Regards

Fordie
best post ever

we were outside shifty's house, and we were talking about what to do. so then tristan said "we could see if fordman is still awake" so i said, "yea, i have his number" so i then preceeded to phone him.

tristan then said, "he will be pretty tired" so i quickly handed the phone over to tristan where he bluntly said to fordie "can we sleep on your floor" i cracked up laughing, and fordie was calling tristan various insults over the phone

ROFL great fun!

Just wait until the race report, some hillarious moments happened
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :Just wait until the race report, some hillarious moments happened

Hmm What like Scotty throwing his toys out of the kart because he hit the barrier and had to wait for the marshel to turn him around. Sorry scotty, but i was in tears, and also, was on the brink of calling 999 as i thought u was fitting. Whats that poor steering wheel ever done to you

Quote from ayrton senna 87 : fordie was calling tristan various insults over the phone

Oh give me some credit, it was past 2am. I didn't say nothing he didn't deserve
lol
Quote from Fordman :1st - The Cyberseat

2nd - A little snippet of the karting. The start, and into the Famous Turn 1, and Will and Swifties pitstop stratagy

Just a tip - try de-interlacing the video. It will look better and compress better (so for the same bitrate, will look better still). Also means when I pause I should see something other than a load of lines (I can't work out which one is me!)

Quote from ayrton senna 87 :best post ever

we were outside shifty's house, and we were talking about what to do. so then tristan said "we could see if fordman is still awake" so i said, "yea, i have his number" so i then preceeded to phone him.

tristan then said, "he will be pretty tired" so i quickly handed the phone over to tristan where he bluntly said to fordie "can we sleep on your floor" i cracked up laughing, and fordie was calling tristan various insults over the phone

ROFL great fun!

Just wait until the race report, some hillarious moments happened

When we finally turned up at Fordies room, we all huddled in quietly. The lights were off, and we wanted to attract the least attention possible.

Suddenly, ThreeJump sat bolt upright, and I could just make out his eyes looking really wide (and possibly terrified) when he realised 3 extra guys were standing at the foot of his bed.
Then we turned the light on, and he went from being fairly scared (it could have been murderers) to absolutely f*****g petrified when he realised who it actually was!!!!

Again, I wish I had had a camera pointing at him at the precise moment, but alas it was not to be...
Quote from Bob Smith :Just a tip - try de-interlacing the video. It will look better and compress better (so for the same bitrate, will look better still). Also means when I pause I should see something other than a load of lines (I can't work out which one is me!)

These was just done on the hop, to keep the natives happy. I am going to get Tristan the full version to him by the weekend hopefully.
Quote from Bob Smith :You found your way back to the town center then? It looked like you were walking the wrong way..

Lol, yeah it was completely in the wrong direction. First time I realised was when I was nearly on the M1 :doh:

I was in my own world completely. Think I ended up walking (once going in the right direction) for about 1 hour 45 minutes or so

Just looking over the thread since I've got back - some of the pics are pretty good T'was definately a good day
Great footage, fun to watch!

When the video is done someday, I wonder if we hear Scawen and Victor talk in it?

Would like to hear their voices...

LFS Karting 2005 - Results / Pictures
(288 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG