The online racing simulator
Scenes/Materials
(727 posts, started )
Quote from mickyc30 :Hey guys, would any of you have a nice big fart can exhaust for 3DS 7? and does anyone also have a roll cage for the XRT?
Thanks Michael

The roolcage from XRR mabe fits?
Big bore exhaust is easy to make.
i donno how though, is it some sort of cylinder tool? if it is where can i find that tool?
edit: found the cylinder, now just have to make it hollow
edit 2: i did it, i just selected the polys around the edge of the exhaust, stretched and moved them, then moved the polys underneth.
it looks pretty good for my first scene, i even have hood pins!
its just a small 1 for now to save time.
comments and suggestions if you dont mind, keeping in mind it is a first dont go to hard on me.
and a very big thanks to beefy for walking me through it.
Thanks Michael

Edit 3: i fixed the white stuff around the lights, then when i did a render with a grey background, i got the white bit above? after than line its all white? any ideas?
Thanks Michael
Attached images
XRT complete.jpg
my scene fixed.jpg
Quote from mickyc30 :i donno how though, is it some sort of cylinder tool? if it is where can i find that tool?
edit: found the cylinder, now just have to make it hollow
edit 2: i did it, i just selected the polys around the edge of the exhaust, stretched and moved them, then moved the polys underneth.

You can use the tube tool instead of cylinder.
Quote from mickyc30 :
[ snip ]

Edit 3: i fixed the white stuff around the lights, then when i did a render with a grey background, i got the white bit above? after than line its all white? any ideas?
Thanks Michael

Due to a white background (set in the Environment settings) and a grey ground plane.. a horizon will always be created at some point unless you position the camera higher and angle it more towards the gorund so that you don' t see the background area any more.

Might be some useful stuff here too for some ideas

Regards,

Ian
hey, thanks ian so if i change to other box to the same colour it should be ok? the other being the white box below what is now the grey box in luma settings in redering settings i assume?
The same thing about Environment was in one rendering tutorial. There was tactic's like i use after i read that tutorial, there was said :

First render your car with ground plane what you just set.
When it's rendered, pick a color right before plane ends (you can see RGB parameters by holding mouse's right click), than remember color parameters ( like R : 166, G : 166, B : 166) and set the same color at the environment color settings, and now you should get nice scene.

If you dont get something i will give you link to that tutorial.
ok, it sounds like it makes sense, ill try now
The above method is one way.. alternatively, have a peek at the 'studio floor' thread on dSRC forums I linked to previously. It's initially for VRay, but the modelling side of things is the same irrespective of the renderer so you can just apply brazil materials to it instead

I find this method works better and produces a generally smoother transition between the vertical and horizontal areas of the scene and you don't have to worry so much about camera angles.

Regards,

Ian
thanks Ian, but i got it this afternoon, this isnt using the background thing ure talking about, but have a look anyway
and now im going to bed! school tomorow -.-
Attached images
finished scene.jpg
i can see my exhaust overthere
Thx man!
where can i find some nice scenes , like the ones in a garage ,etc ? i searched but i didnt found anything
Ive been working on some tyres to replace the low poly ones from mw for half an hour threr not perfect and not done but ill update them soon but if any one want em ill upload they have rims on them already ill put different rims maby tommaro probly some J0_JA`s heres the pic http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p257/navarro967/tyre1.jpg
Quote from tikshow :exhaust, comment it please!

Can you please post that muffler? I want that so really bad since it looks so darn good!
Quote from navarro967 :Ive been working on some tyres to replace the low poly ones from mw for half an hour threr not perfect and not done but ill update them soon but if any one want em ill upload they have rims on them already ill put different rims maby tommaro probly some J0_JA`s heres the pic http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p257/navarro967/tyre1.jpg

awesome, are you going to make them public? id sure like to use them
does anyone know were i can find spoilers for 3ds max?
OH! thanks for the spoilers.
Somepeople have scene with the openned hood?
Opening the Bonnet is piss easy to do, just find a tutorial on polygon modeling and then you should have the knowledge to open it your self, or any other part of the cars.

It's best to find out this stuff on your own, then you'll feel like you've accomplished something. Even the tut on wiki shows you what you need to be able to do a simple task like opening the bonnet or doors.
Thank you Gustavo, we need more links from all of you. Stop hiding in that dark corner ..
Does someone know were i can find a tut for opining hoods?
Dude, you already need to read 5 min basic tutorials and you will do it by yourself.
Just select hood by polygons and transform how you want it, dude.
Read tutorials, not always stealing and downloading is the best way really.

Scenes/Materials
(727 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG