The online racing simulator
Rfactor vs LFS
(1872 posts, started )
Quote from Bose321 :Your sarcasm is really good.

it's not sarcasm! No! Rfactor is realistic sim, and it's true. So I am real driver and have a own car. So I really know what is real driving. Of course there are arcadish mods for rfactor, but there are many real good mods with realistic physics and feelings and handing. And also remember there aren't any sim for PC in the world with totally realistic physics. Only real driving is perfect so have a fun!
@DriverStig
It is good that you are a real driver and own your car. Like you say, no simulator can deliver real physics. LFS is trying to get as close as possible using the pc platform in combination with hardware utils (wheels/pedals/clutch/gears/outguages etc.) + internet of course.

It seems that you havn't really discovered LFS yet, so take your time to realize its value - just an advice to get you back on the right track

Perhaps invest (if not already) in a good wheel config (G25/G27/Fanatec 911 GT2 etc). Then LFS comes to life, I promise
I only speak of my own experience, with LFS and rFactor - and, yes, I do have my own car(s) too (since 1988).

Taste is different, so if you don't enjoy LFS, enjoy rFactor! (or both!)
I won't even try to argue on the physics... As stated above, give LFS more time, you'll realise how good it is later.

But...

Quote from DriverStig :Because rfactor has biggest community and more leagues, sim-racers, servers for racing, mods...

Sorry, but this is exactly the reason why I have troubles getting involved in it properly so far. I bought it in September 2010 in order to have fun in a less serious sim. Problem is, rFactor doesn't have its own community, it has many independant communities. It's a pain to find a good place to start at when you begin. And even if you find one... You have to download countless gigabytes of mods, tracks, and whatever else needed just to drive in some series... Then you have to get sorted to the mods... Then you have to learn the tracks they are using... Knowing that they won't just use a small selection of international tracks, no sir, but hundreds of uninterresting club/regional tracks you've never heard about(I'm probably exaggerating on that point, okay. but you know what I mean), which is exactly the reason why I started loving LFS' fictional tracks, despite those small oddities like the Fern Bay kerbs.

Then you get bored. So much events overall that next one just feels like "another one". And I haven't even mentionned, you can't take here the less serious approach and do some public racing, because public servers are useless out there. So to cure your boredom: 1) find another place to race and repeat everything from step 1, or 2) stop rF and do something else.

Meanwhile in LFS: you only have to buy and download the 150mo game and you're good to go. There only are 6 maps and 20 cars, easy to learn all, so you won't get lost. Want to drive somewhere? Just find a server, download a good set(which is something you won't be able to do on rF, since the millions of available combos mean that any kind of general setupbase would be absolutely useless) and there you go! If you're not too much rusty you're half-competitive straight away, and will manage to have fun immediately on amazing physics.

Not saying that LFS' development management is the way to go of course... Sure we would all want to have a few more cars and track... But not like on rF where you end up with more than millions of combos in the end, with the most of them being more or less rubbish.

And as I said, I won't even try to argue on physics/gameplay...

Basically, rF is exactly the reason why I started to love LFS even more. So thanks rF.

E: Zero kilometer online and join date=march 2011. What's your primary account DriverStig?
I agree LFS is great game. But my problem with LFS is that NO AI in this sim. It's really boring and great mistake of developers. I'm very busy man and now I haven't already time for online-driving and leagues so now I play in rF sprint-races with AI or hot-lapping sometimes.
Everything is better then rFactor. rF2 'might' be good, but I don't think it will be. And yes, I gave rF a go several times but I ragequit all the time. That's it really.
Quote from DriverStig :I agree LFS is great game. But my problem with LFS is that NO AI in this sim.

LFS has got AI's.
Quote from Flame CZE :LFS has got AI's.

true AI have to be both artificial and intelligent, LFS' AI is only artificial.
So LFS has A
@DriverStig
Quote :But my problem with LFS is that NO AI in this sim.

The offline is a very limited part of LFS. It is meant to be played online, with other human beings (with or without I(ntelligence)).

The offline mode is usually where you practice to learn the handling of the cars and track essentials. Actually, if you adapt to the way the current AI works, you can learn a lot about the racing lines, positioning, overtaking areas and breaking spots, as long as you accept the crude AI. It gives you a good situation awareness, although the AI may leave you frustrated at times. But, look at it as a tool to become a better driver prior to entering an online session. Use it wisely and it will help you beat "real" opponents

You have limited time? That should not stop you from racing on the online servers available. Many of them make use of short (and repetitive) races with few laps, where you can gain experience (and friends ) in notime!

Also, since I see you are a Demo Racer, you have no access to the full potential of LFS. So your statements look a little bit naive/overreactive to say the least. However, the Demo mode do allow you to experience some really good racing, no doubt about it.

Good luck with future races, and welcome to a great community!
It's just funny to see how stupid that guy is on his first post, then people pwn him and his last post is so gentle
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Everything is better then rFactor. rF2 'might' be good, but I don't think it will be. And yes, I gave rF a go several times but I ragequit all the time. That's it really.

I totally agree
Has anyone tried bruce;s helmet cams. When matched with the right enbseries tweaks, it looks REALLY good. Something for you guys to try once bored with Z30 and to keep occupied.
Attached images
rFactor 2011-04-28 13-24-11-31.jpg
rFactor 2011-04-28 13-35-26-37.jpg
rFactor 2011-04-28 13-35-32-87.jpg
Why would anyone even bother compare rFactor with LFS on LFS Public Forum? Seriously, clearly LFS will win
Quote from PoVo :Why would anyone even bother compare rFactor with LFS on LFS Public Forum? Seriously, clearly LFS will win

If people were objective LFS would win on rFactor forums too
Quote from Whiskey :If people were objective LFS would win on rFactor forums too

hahaha, +1!
Quote from adamshl :Nice graphics, but I wonder if you can feel vibrations on the steering wheel as it is in LFS.

You mean as boring and dull as LFS? I'd rather have the quick and direct feel like in iRacing to be honest.
you mean as generic and uninspiring as your posts? lfs couldn't be that dull if you're still here....
Quote from dadge :you mean as generic and uninspiring as your posts? lfs couldn't be that dull if you're still here....

You mean as meaningless and without a point except for trying to troll and insult people as your posts?
i'm not the one who thinks LFS is dull. just because you can't understand something, it doesn't mean it's meaningless. get a proper opinion buddy. it'll help you out in the long run. I can still count how many times i've trolled in this forum with one hand. can you do the same?
HAhaaha, dadge is right
Quote from dadge :i'm not the one who thinks LFS is dull. just because you can't understand something, it doesn't mean it's meaningless. get a proper opinion buddy. it'll help you out in the long run. I can still count how many times i've trolled in this forum with one hand. can you do the same?

I didn't even know you can count. Well done buddy.
Quote from Bose321 :I didn't even know you can count. Well done buddy.

miss the point much?

Rfactor vs LFS
(1872 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG